By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Halo Reach and Natal push 360 # 1 in Sept/Oct?

Will Halo Reach and Natal push 360 # 1 in Sept/Oct?

By a wide margin 145 28.49%

Maybe a little 200 39.29%

No effect 129 25.34%

Sales will decrease 35 6.88%

Total:509

Is the Reach/Natal back to back monthly launches going to have a serious effect on sales of consoles...dunno, but it will be interesting to see.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

No Halo Reach will barely move any hardware and I still doubt Natal will do anything. Maybe to expensive from the rumors.

No. It may appear too, but it'll be mostly due to holiday season increases.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Lord N said:

No. It may appear too, but it'll be mostly due to holiday season increases.

Then it wouldnt appear to if it was just holiday increases. All 3 would increase.

I think Natal will shift 360 sales through the roof. 

360 Natal will be less or the same price as Wii.

Hopefully it will give a sustained boost to 360 sales, but history has shown that add-ons don't really improve sales that much (I'm looking at you Sega Megadrive Mega CD AND 32X) for the console in question. Even if it is released as a 360 Natal Unit I don't really see it boosting sales that much.  Halo Reach might boost hardware sales for a month.

Off topic, with the constant release of quality software, this generation still feels quite fresh.

Around the Network

I doubt you'll see the Halo effect isolated if there is a slim.  The Halo crowd has consoles already and the new buyers will be scattered across the summer post-E3 and into the holidays.   There will likely be a small uptick - especially if there is a limited edition Halo console again or something, but I don't foresee a huge jump.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Not a chance the only way it will bump sales is if Microsoft market it with a totally new console the 360 has had its day i'm afraid

if you look at history add on's normally do not boots a consoles sales, especially when it's mid cycle, so my answer is no it will not boost sales by much, this also counts for ps move as well, also all the halo fan's already own a 360, the only way i see a boost is if some of them need/want to replace their consoles for the rumored slim

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I have a feeling, that the question and the possible answers don't fit together!

I think 360 will neither be number 1 in hardware nor in software!

But i think there will be a litlle increase on HW and SW!

What should i quote? I don't think XB360 will be numer 1 , so "Maybe a litlle" number 1 is not what i want to say!

The only real boost that it can get if there will be a slim 360 and a pricecut, alongside Reach and Natal. Otherwise there will be a boost, but it will be minor. Still, if Sony would play their cards right and make a 50 $ pricecut, they could counter this, but same as MS Im not seeing any real boost just because GT5 and Move will come out...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!