By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Halo Reach and Natal push 360 # 1 in Sept/Oct?

Will Halo Reach and Natal push 360 # 1 in Sept/Oct?

By a wide margin 145 28.49%

Maybe a little 200 39.29%

No effect 129 25.34%

Sales will decrease 35 6.88%

Total:509

it will (possibly) push it to 2, but 1?

this is counting hamdhelds too

Around the Network

360 will never surpass the Wii, because they cant sell in japan. they will out sell the wii and ps3 in america tho.

EVEN YOU CAN OUTRUN THE FASTEST MAN, IF HE DOES NOT START THE RACE.

CANT WEAR Mckinleys JEANS CAUSE MY WARDS DONT FIT.

Handhelds...errr....not, since M$ isn't in the handheld business. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

No as everyone with a 360 has it for Halo amongst other titles.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Natal maybe.

Reach, I don't think it could move significant hardware.

A price cut though could do it!

Around the Network

Halo will likely boost sales for a month. Natal is likely to expensive to have any sales effect.

you should add pricecut and slim. i think all 4 of those will shift hardware dramaticly. could be right up next to wii. a 149 360 slim and a 199 or 250 360 with bigger hard drive n slim would put it next to wii.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:

you should add pricecut and slim. i think all 4 of those will shift hardware dramaticly. could be right up next to wii. a 149 360 slim and a 199 or 250 360 with bigger hard drive n slim would put it next to wii.

That would be a 150 dollar price cut and there is no way Microsoft wants to start taking a loss on consoles again. If anything we will see the price of the arcade fall maybe to 149 or more likely 169. The elites either fall to 249 or be replaced directly by the slim. However, since Sony is now making profits on their systems they are in a position to match a price cut.

cmeese47 said:
hudsoniscool said:

That would be a 150 dollar price cut and there is no way Microsoft wants to start taking a loss on consoles again. If anything we will see the price of the arcade fall maybe to 149 or more likely 169. The elites either fall to 249 or be replaced directly by the slim. However, since Sony is now making profits on their systems they are in a position to match a price cut.

actually it would be a 50 dollar cut for arcade slim and 100 for elite. ms could sell the arcade for 169 and the elite for 249 right now and would still make a profit. with the price reduction of the slim they could sell the 360 arcade for like 125 and still make a profit.

also sony isnt in possision to cut there prices at all. right now they about break even on there consoles and if they cut there prices by 50 then they wouldnt break even agian untill next summerish. they are already in the hole 5 billion with the ps3 do they really want to be at 5.5 billion down by this time next year. i think around september 2011 they will be "in position to price cut"

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

It all depends on how MS brings Natal into the market.  I believe that starting in Sept or Oct (whenever Natal Launches) that you will no longer be able to purchase a 360 without Natal and therefor natal will not be an add on as some have stated here. If it is done in this manner, Natal will be a huge success, it sales by the end of the year will be well over 2 million (possible 3) and monthly sales will compete with the Wii.

Of course if MS releases Natal as an add-on then I don't think it will be succesfull and sales of 360 should follow a simiar decline over the next couple of years until a new console is announced.