By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Halo Reach and Natal push 360 # 1 in Sept/Oct?

Will Halo Reach and Natal push 360 # 1 in Sept/Oct?

By a wide margin 145 28.49%

Maybe a little 200 39.29%

No effect 129 25.34%

Sales will decrease 35 6.88%

Total:509

Reach would only boost hardware sales if they released a 360 Slim w/Reach bundle.

Around the Network
dejelek said:

they will releasing kinect and halo bundle, so basically 149 usd arcade price

standalone arcade will be 199 usd

link?

Since Kinect doesnt arrive until November I believe that the sales increase because of Kinect wont happen until bundle is available. Those are the new people to the platform.  I dont think they wll purchase a 360 and then when Kinect comes out and pick up a Kinect.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

It could make a small impact. Natal is really the only thing that can help the 360 compete with the PS3's recent offerings.

selnor said:
Lord N said:

No. It may appear too, but it'll be mostly due to holiday season increases.

Then it wouldnt appear to if it was just holiday increases. All 3 would increase.

I think Natal will shift 360 sales through the roof. 

360 Natal will be less or the same price as Wii

This prediction by you is easy to predict.  One reads the original post, they would expect you to say what you wrote.  So, what exactly does Microsoft have to do, before you end up saying anything bad about them dropping the ball?  Will you go on record to at least say that Crackdown 2 isn't as good as inFamous? 

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:

I think Halo : Reach can boost the 360 in NA. I'm not sure about Natal yet, since we don't yet know the price.

If someone hasn't bought a 360 for Halo 3 or Halo ODST, why would they buy one for Halo : Reach?

yes their will be a boost in hardware due to halo:reach , it happens with every halo main game. history has proven this to be true. also kinect will sell very well, due to the fact m$ is spending on this , like they were launching a new system. m$ said that themselves awhile back. also i believe it will be priced just right, m$ knows they cant over price this if they truly want it too succeed at all. also ppl have to remember that move is going to be expensive if u want 2 sets of stuff to play the games.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

yes it will beat ps3 ww for those months but not nov. and dec.

dont know bout the wii what SW does it have for sep. and oct.?

it will have nothing to do with natal and reach but $199 360 slim release

Play Me

Reach could help tthe sales, but i doubt natal will at all

no idea how to make this properly work

Halo is a system seller, no matter what.  However, the bump in sales might not be noticable or negligible compared to the slim bump and  the holiday bump. No way it has the impact Halo 3 did, but it'll sell consoles.

Kinect is the real mystery though. If Microsoft markets it correctly, the sky is the limit for the 360. 4-player interactive games with NO add-ons, they can market it as cheaper than a wii (once you include 3 controllers plus fit board), cleaner than a wii since moms won't have to pick up controllers and accessories or trip on them, plus it is HD. They can appeal to any casual player who still doesn't have a wii yet and parents who want to buy their kids something big for christmas but the kid already has a wii. It also appeals to moms who want a workout or yoga game that provides proper feedback and doesn't require a blance board either. Essentially, they could say it's an upgrade for owners that already have a wii (hardware-wise). It's because of this point that I think we will first see a mass amount of casual/kids games for the kinect just after launch.

I really think that the kinect bundles will have huge sales as long as they have the software library that wii 'upgraders' are looking for. One must hope that the ps move and kinect ads don't attack each other so much that they cannibilize themselves and leave the wii as the only one standing.

For the poll though, I'll say that the xbox won't be #1 for all of sept/oct. However, because of the high saturation level the wii already has, nov/dec is a definite possibility for the 360 being #1.