By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

I like AbbathTheGrim.  He amuses me greatly, and I'm pleased to see that Hatfield has found his successor.

Hey now

That ain't cool

Okay it's sort of cool

Assuming he gets the reference, I'm sure he takes it as a compliment.

Around the Network
jarrod said:

I'll ask again, what do Sony & MS have lined up game wise besides more sequels?  Are their Wii-knockoffs it?

Give me a break, what are those amazing new IP Nintendo going to show. The Game you guys keep talking about ( Zelda) is hardly a new IP.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
KylieDog said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
KylieDog said:

Zelda alone is not enough to 'win' E3 especially when it is expected, it loses all shock value that way.  The 3DS isn't going to amaze me personally when I'm still waiting for a bunch of games to be support by Nintendo on the DS.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=&keyword=&console=DS&region=All&developer=&publisher=245&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

You can thank me later nearly 150 games to choose from remember the DS is also region free :P

I'm still waiting for a real Metroid game (not some shooter or pinball spin off) or a real Donkey Kong Country and not that crap Jungle Climber thing, Starwing, Pilotwings, Wave Race, F-Zero...

The GBA was far better supported with new versions of Nintendo classics, as well as the ports.

Yes because the GBA had all those... Metroid Fusion and F-Zero GP Legend... thats about it... Donkey Kong was a lot of remakes, there is a Starfox game on DS... and Wave Race didn't perform worth crap on GC so why bring it back ever?

Plus there are a crap load of new IPs on the DS, it's really starting to become a broken record, people whine about not enough of the classics having sequels while other people whine about not enough new IPs and sometimes its the same people whining about both... honestly man if you think the DS hasn't been supported and I just gave you a link to about 150 Nintendo published titles on the DS, bigger than some consoles entire libraries... all from one company... you've got to be out of your mind.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?page=1&results=50&name=&console=DS&keyword=&publisher=245&genre=&order=Hits&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=PAL&alphasort=

There's the PAL Nintendo published games as well, nearly 100 of those, not really sure what more you want, that's more games than you'll ever buy on the DS with a library of over 1300 games (in PAL alone) when you add in third parties, and you're crying foul about support?

Add to this you're looking at the GBA with rose tinted glasses

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=&keyword=&console=GBA&region=PAL&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=200&order=Hits

Over 800 games in the PAL region, the DS is beating it by 500 games and can still play those 800 games... facts just aren't adding up as Nintendo only published 78 titles in PAL on the GBA

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

psrock said:
jarrod said:

I'll ask again, what do Sony & MS have lined up game wise besides more sequels?  Are their Wii-knockoffs it?

Give me a break, what are those amazing new IP Nintendo going to show. The Game you guys keep talking about ( Zelda) is hardly a new IP.

Do you realize how nonsensical that question is?

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:

Yeah with an industry where  sequels and nostalgia sells...  not to mention every company has made new IPs and sequels to old IPs this gen, I guess everyone shouldn't buy Zelda, The Last Guardian, or Halo Reach when they come out >_> so we get nothing but new IPs

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:

it needed to asked

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

Do you realize how nonsensical that question is

Yeah with an industry where  sequels and nostalgia sells...  not to mention every company has made new IPs and sequels to old IPs this gen, I guess everyone shouldn't buy Zelda, The Last Guardian, or Halo Reach when they come out >_> so we get nothing but new IPs

I think Khuutra was more getting at the logical impossibility of us answering, ahead of time, what new IPs Nintendo will show before they actually show them.

psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:

it needed to asked

No, it didn't. How are we supposed to know what new IPs they'll reveal before they reveal them?

Am I supposed to look in some kind of magic well, here?

Edit: Dammit, noname.

Khuutra said:

No, it didn't. How are we supposed to know what new IPs they'll reveal before they reveal them?

Well you're not using it to pick lotto numbers, so I assumed it's why you bought it...

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:
jarrod said:

it needed to asked

That was the point of statement. How are we suposed to know what new IP Sony and MS are going to reveal? Why does he assume only sequals are being shown? where is he getting the info that Nintendo has a bunch of new IP and the others don't?

Again, it needed to be asked.

Next Gen