By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

AbbathTheGrim said:

Wow! Nintendo will announce another Mario  game! Awesome! And another platform to play Mario! Only thing Nintendo needs to make it perfect is... another Mario game apart from the one their going to announce. Unbeatable.

Nintendo were gods during and prior to SNES, now they are nothing. I am more interested in Microsoft and the Circus they'll put on stage than Nintendo. I remember when I used to see the Nintendo64 as competition with some good games here and there that I liked to play, having a decent second place in the generation but now they are simply nothing. I am not interested in playing a Wii at all. Only games there I could see myself playingwas NSMBWXHJ because it was 2D Mario which I loved and love (hated 3D Mario) and the new Metroid game which looks good. You guys will finally crash with reality when this last game comes to sell. The sells of this game will show you the true faces (numbers) of the real gamers with a Wii. I bet that, in spite of the Wii having almost the double of units sold of what the PS3 has sold, it won't sell more than the best selling PS3 exclusive. I don't care about sells that much (only care about them because I know they afect things related to videogames) but this will show you the true face of the people that have Wiis and care for true good games. Metroid will surely deserve more than the sells it will have.

I think it is the first time I come to a Wii thread to shake things up. This is how relevant I consider Nintendo this generation.

Yikes.. Did Nintendo kill your dog or something? :/

Around the Network
psrock said:
Metallicube said:

I see this year's conferences as being Nintendo #1, MS #2, and Sony 3rd.

#1. Nintendo has what I call the trifecta of megatons this year; Zelda Wii, Wii Vitality/ Wii Relax, and 3DS. That alone should be enough to make for an excellent show, not to mention all the surprises we don't know about yet. They have several games already announced at their desposal to show off; Wii Party, Metroid Other M, The Conduit 2, Pikmin 3, Last Story, Xenoblade, Zangeki, Epic Mickey, etc. I also think we will see some more motion plus games. At least I hope so. Nintendo needs to prove that the motion plus upgrade is worth it.

#2. MS will have some stellar new games like Gears 3, maybe something new and exciting from Rare for a change, and of course Natal, which should turn some heads, though I don't see it having much of an impact besides maybe a few fun gimmicky games. It will be like the Wii controller; it will work excellent with certain genres and provide really fun unique experiences, but will also be highly flawed and akward with some genres as well. If MS prices Natal below $100, they might have a shot of making this a success. If it's $150 or more, it will be doomed to failure, as it's not easy to make a successful console add on. And I'm not sure everybody wants to game for long periods of time standing up and moving their entire bodies around. In a sense, every game becomes like Wii Fit in terms of physical movement. Because of this, I sense an angry backlash from MS core fanbase.

#3. Sony seems to be behind the curve. They will no doubt be showing off their "innovative" Move that which will be filled with demonstrations of Wii copied party games and a few core games with motion control tacked on. Most people will simply say, "ok, we saw this 4 years ago.. who cares?" I imagine some Move games will be good, but like Wii, many will be meh, and without that "new" factor, it will be forgotten about soon. They will likely show off a strong library of games, but most appear to be sequels, LBP 2, Socom 3, GT5, Killzone 3, etc.. In other words, I can't see too much of the "wow" factor coming from Sony's conference, as in surprising announcements.

Hold up: Nintendo will show new IP like Zelda and Metroid, The conduit 2, Pikmin 3 while sony Shows sequels, Sony is in trouble it seems. It's not like they ever present anything new at these events or have new hardware or new IP like they do every year.

1. Nintendo will bore us for 1:30h  with vitality stuff then show 3ds and Zelda at the End.

2. MS will bring stars and announced one huge exclusive PS3 used to have, then focus on Natal

3. Sony will show tons of games, PSP2

Got any sources to back this up?

In the last 2 years, the formula has been:

1. Nintendo tells us how they're the best for an hour with graphs and Iwata wags his finger at the industry.  Then they announce some new games and a 'new app' that the crowd goes off to either flame Nintendo (Wii Music) or is blown away (New Super Mario Bros Wii).

2. Microsoft comes on stage and follows the same pattern of saying they're the best with graphs and charts, talks about Netflix, online gaming and 'market penetration', then shows a bunch of gaming demos (that Sony will later have half the same game demos).  Then one major exclusive is shown at the end as their 'killer app' (last year it was FFXIII).

3. For sony's Bio, see Microsoft, but add a heavy emphasis on 'Home' and 'Blu Ray is the king of Media'.  With most of their conference (after tons of grapgs and 'we're the best) focused on how they're the best device for multimedia (hey....just like with Microsofts conference).  End with some 'killer app' that everyone soon forgets about in a week, just like with MS and Nintendo's conferences.

Frankly, if Nintendo shows of either 3DS or Zelda Wii (or both), they are going to have a LARGE amount of the attention at E3.  And this year, both MS and Sony are going to be doing something completely new..and hard.  They're going to be trying to pass themselves off as the 'hip and edgy' systems like always...while also being the 'console for everyone' like Wii.  AKA, Natal and Move.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Nintendo has the 3DS. They have a very good chance of stealing the show depending on what the 3DS and games entail. I would like a more interesting presentation but they made good ground last year by giving up the stage to some third parties and I believe this year we will see considerable action from both Nintendo and third parties getting up there and showing off their wares for the world.

Tease.

M.U.G.E.N said:

lol unless you think vids of ONE popular game is enough to win E3 then ok...they will DEFINITELY WIN! :P

It's all about the show and this year it's gonna be a close call between MS and Sony for first place, Ninty will be dead boring as usual...buy who knows, Vitality sensor might cure cancer, we will see in a week or so

Except that's a gross exaggeration and blantantly not true at all, if you want to say that the games they show don't appeal to you that's one thing, but going out there to say "one" popular game despite sales of the titleS they show off say otherwise, then just adding to that with the shows boring... it sounds a lot like trolling to me, given your past, and this post not being constructive at all nor adding anything to the thread, it's the only conclusion I can come up with.  Honestly the old rule applies here if you got nothing good to say then don't say anything, you've been irritating people with posts like these and it's just gotten old, I'm trying to be nice here btw, tone it down.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

Eh, I've always felt it was about content rather than about the presentation. Ben that way for me for... well, ever since I learned what E3 was. I play the games they present, not the presentations, if you get my drift.

I actually disagree to a small extent.  Before the internet broadcast the events live, I could not care less how dry the presentation was, since I was not aware of the event until a month later, when the gaming magazines reported what games were previewed/announced. 

But now I can and do watch the conferences, and like any public speaking event, the presentation does a lot to affect my impression of the product.  Every salesman, executive, and rhetoric student knows this, which is why public speaking is given such a high premium.  Microsoft in particular knows this, which is why they go to extreme lengths to try and make their presentations as awesome (in the original sense) as they can.

It may be unwise and unfair, but it's also human nature.

That's perfectly fair, it's just not how I approach E3.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

Wow! Nintendo will announce another Mario  game! Awesome! And another platform to play Mario! Only thing Nintendo needs to make it perfect is... another Mario game apart from the one their going to announce. Unbeatable.

Nintendo were gods during and prior to SNES, now they are nothing. I am more interested in Microsoft and the Circus they'll put on stage than Nintendo. I remember when I used to see the Nintendo64 as competition with some good games here and there that I liked to play, having a decent second place in the generation but now they are simply nothing. I am not interested in playing a Wii at all. Only games there I could see myself playingwas NSMBWXHJ because it was 2D Mario which I loved and love (hated 3D Mario) and the new Metroid game which looks good. You guys will finally crash with reality when this last game comes to sell. The sells of this game will show you the true faces (numbers) of the real gamers with a Wii. I bet that, in spite of the Wii having almost the double of units sold of what the PS3 has sold, it won't sell more than the best selling PS3 exclusive. I don't care about sells that much (only care about them because I know they afect things related to videogames) but this will show you the true face of the people that have Wiis and care for true good games. Metroid will surely deserve more than the sells it will have.

I think it is the first time I come to a Wii thread to shake things up. This is how relevant I consider Nintendo this generation.

Whether or not you like what Nintendo is doing this generation has nothing to do with some absolute metric of quality, nor with whether or not they're "relevant". They're the most relevant players on the field.

Metroid as an absolute measure of "core" presence on the Wii is fallacious. The average Metroid game sells about ~1.5 million copies or less. Expecting the game to sell over 5 million is unrealistic, unfair, and unreasonable to such a degree that it is nearly ridiculous. Metroid is and has always been a third-tier series for Nintendo, if that.

If you want a proper indicator, look to either Zelda, which is a second-tier series that has handily outsold every PS3 exclusive (and more than that if you count the Gamecube version), or to New Super Mario Bros Wii - a core game that has already tripled and will easily quadruple the current best-selling PS3 exclusive.

More, taking the sales of any game and using that to arrive at some loftier explanation of the userbase is fallacious. You cannot draw muc of anything based on one game.

More, even if you could, trying to pass qualitative judgment on a library based on the people who are buying a console is prejudiced against people with different tastes. It's unfair and representative of a xenophobic mentality which is more or less exactly what Nintendo is doing its best to make gaming grow beyond in this generation.

I usually use the amount of people trying to discredit Nintendo before their conference as one metric to how awesome it will be. The fact that I strolled in here and see several people arguing against the usual "lol only charts and mario gamez" and "rofl nintndo not revelant!!1" crowds means that we're probably in for a fantastic showing if the Damage Control Patrol is in full force this early.

Metroid: Other M and Zelda Wii are already a one-two punch. 3DS will be the TKO. If Xenoblade, The Last Story and Golden Sun DS appear, I won't have anything to complain about. This is going in without anticipation of any surprises. Sony and MS are going to have to pull out some surprises to wow me, because I have a good feeling that Move and Natal won't win me over.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@Claude, I think you are onto something there. The suggestion that Nintendo could have a very good presentation this year seems to have ruffled a few feathers.

Although their recent previous presentations may not have set the world alight, particularly 2008, they had fantastic conferences in 2004 and 2006. 2004 was DS and Zelda (a one minute trailer which gathered as much attention as the biggest in depth reveals of other games) and 2006 was the full reveal of the Wii. In case people haven't been paying attention, 2010 will see the full reveal of 3DS and Zelda Wii. Even if those are the only major announcements (which we already have sufficient reason to believe they won't be) Nintendo are set to have a good conference. New hardware from the biggest videogames manufacturer in the world that is a follow up to the most successful handheld and soon to be best selling videogame system is big and exciting news for the entire industry. And if there is any Nintendo franchise that will excite the core focused media, it is Zelda. Nintendo are unveiling a Motion Plus controlled Legend of Zelda game just as Sony and Microsoft are launching their first wave of Natal/Move titles-I think it's going to be quite clear what motion controlled title will be a high quality experience at E3.

Claude hit the nail on the head, really. Early damage control attempts from the anti-Nintendo brigade 12 days before the conference should mean we're in for a great show. And not just a great show from Nintendo, a great show all round.

NYANKS said:

I don't think it's fair for Nintendo to win just because they announce the same franchises every year.  Why do they instantly win if they have a Mario or Zelda game to announce?  That's crazy to me. Yeah they're good, but if Sony or MS announces 3 or 4 games just as well made, they should be able to win.  I think thats what frustrates some Sony and MS fans.  And quite fairly I think.

Of course, all opinions are irrelevant if you like what your favorite console is bringing.

Nintendo going to "win" or "lose" based off the 3DS roll-out imo.  I also like the utter hypocrisy of your first sentince though, considering almost ALL Sony/MS have lined up so far for the core are well established sequels and brands (Halo, GT, LBP, Fable, Gears, Resistance, Killzone, Crackdown, Trico, inFamous, etc).  At least Nintendo's bringing actual new core IPs (RPGs even at that).

MaxwellGT2000 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lol unless you think vids of ONE popular game is enough to win E3 then ok...they will DEFINITELY WIN! :P

It's all about the show and this year it's gonna be a close call between MS and Sony for first place, Ninty will be dead boring as usual...buy who knows, Vitality sensor might cure cancer, we will see in a week or so

Except that's a gross exaggeration and blantantly not true at all, if you want to say that the games they show don't appeal to you that's one thing, but going out there to say "one" popular game despite sales of the titleS they show off say otherwise, then just adding to that with the shows boring... it sounds a lot like trolling to me, given your past, and this post not being constructive at all nor adding anything to the thread, it's the only conclusion I can come up with.  Honestly the old rule applies here if you got nothing good to say then don't say anything, you've been irritating people with posts like these and it's just gotten old, I'm trying to be nice here btw, tone it down.

Listen maxwell, I know your mod, and I know your ULTRA ban trigger happy when it comes to anyone who says negative things about Ninty (cuz apparently you love their games, which is by any means is NOT a bad thing) , I know this cuz I have seen the way you act in the past as well...but if you think by voicing my opinion I'm being a troll so be it, I couldn't care less and I don't want to suck up to you to prove otherwise either...for me Ninty E3 was boring as hell, in 2008 and 2009...never really checked them out before those years tbh

and also isn't this topic about Ninty winning E3? So I can post here only if I 'agree' to it? or say 'positive' things about it? I have seen no such rule! And btw I'm sure rules apply to you as well, so unless your mod so your above the rest, you can't call people trolls either ;)

And my comment was aimed at those who keeps saying how once Ninty shows Zelda at E3 they won it or something...it just makes absolute no sense to me...show several great games, stop boring us to death with sales stuff....and they will spend a LOT of time on the vitality sensor this year which SCREAMS boredom to me...so no Ninty will not win E3 this year UNLESS 3DS is simply amazing! then it will be a day one purchase for me..however as of now we know absolutely NOTHING about it, so too early to call it..

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!