By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

of they show a trailer and/or gameplay for the new LoZ, and they show more on the 3DS and Golden Sun DS (a series i couldnt get into, but will try again soon), then will "win" in my books.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

If nintendo has the same approach and people as last year, they will be dead last. We're not judging the games, but the presentation.

It really doesn't matter what games they announce, their showmanship is a big fat 0 and they talk about sales and stats way too much.

You know Microsoft is going to have Axl Rose to show up and yell " You know where to F you are? You're in the Jungle Baby!!!"...which leads in to a big ass Gears 3 montage to that song.

You can't compete with that with games alone...

Whoa all this time I thought that's what E3 was all about... new games >_> at least it was when I was growing up, that's all E3 was to us, when the next Zelda, console, Sonic, Spyro, etc would be announced, whoever made the most exciting announcement would be generally who we called the "winner". 

Hell I know a lot of people on these forums didn't even complain about how they resented last year it was all about annoucement ______ which to be honest both MS and Sony showed off a lot of known projects and presented them badly last year, from the guy that talked like an asshole about Natal, to a shit ton of just montages from Sony I'd take a boring presentation with a lot of new annoucements for big games anyday.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I make this point every year and I never tire of it because it always pretty much covers the attitude towards Nintendo.

They could completely blow everybody away with a conference unveiling full exclusivity (none of that timed nonsense) for every major third party franchise for the next 10 years, announce a new game in every hardcore Nintendo franchise, and several hardcore new IPs, announce that they are going HD, releasing an online system to rival Live and PSN and still the gaming media would find something to moan about, and Nintendo would still lose in their eyes.

It's just how it is. I'm sure there will be plenty from them that I'll look forward to playing, so who gives one if some idiot 'journalist' doesn't?

VGChartz

ramses01 said:
Khuutra said:
ramses01 said:

My question is how can Nintendo win if they aren't presenting anything interesting?  Nintendo will always finish in last of the big three in E3 performance because they haven't shown anything interesting since the introduction of the Wii.

Man I am really curious to hear your definition of "interesting".

Unfortunately I can't answer that without getting banned by trigger happy mods as the answer involves extremely unflattering opinions of nintendo.

He invited you to share what you like, not what you hate. You could certainly do so without getting banned.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network

I don't think it's fair for Nintendo to win just because they announce the same franchises every year.  Why do they instantly win if they have a Mario or Zelda game to announce?  That's crazy to me. Yeah they're good, but if Sony or MS announces 3 or 4 games just as well made, they should be able to win.  I think thats what frustrates some Sony and MS fans.  And quite fairly I think.

Of course, all opinions are irrelevant if you like what your favorite console is bringing.

microsoft and sony don't make 3 or 4 games of the same quality of mario and zelda though...

ramses01 said:
Khuutra said:
ramses01 said:

My question is how can Nintendo win if they aren't presenting anything interesting?  Nintendo will always finish in last of the big three in E3 performance because they haven't shown anything interesting since the introduction of the Wii.

Man I am really curious to hear your definition of "interesting".

Unfortunately I can't answer that without getting banned by trigger happy mods as the answer involves extremely unflattering opinions of nintendo.

What Mr. Khan said. There's nothing sotpping you from just saying what you think is interesting, rather than what about Nintendo you think is uninteresting.

There's only one way that Nintendo will win E3.....ok two. 3DS blows us away ( very likely) or Wii HD or Wii 2.0 or whatever Wii enhancement they have planned. If none of these happen, well I think Sony will win. Sony has the Move, Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Resistance 3, 3D (which will probably suck), hopefully Infamous 2, Socom 4, I'm probably forgetting somethings but o well. Otherwise unless Microsoft pulls something from there asses that blows us away, or Natal is actually good then Sony will win E3.

NYANKS said:

I don't think it's fair for Nintendo to win just because they announce the same franchises every year.  Why do they instantly win if they have a Mario or Zelda game to announce?  That's crazy to me. Yeah they're good, but if Sony or MS announces 3 or 4 games just as well made, they should be able to win.  I think thats what frustrates some Sony and MS fans.  And quite fairly I think.

Of course, all opinions are irrelevant if you like what your favorite console is bringing.

Because those series are making the compay money, and this is a trade show. The winner is the one with the highest Net Income come the next E3.