By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

Its that season of gaming where gamers get pumped for the biggest gaming extravaganza in the world, E3. Although E3 conferences have been a bit dry in the past, this years E3 looks to be the best in years. Nintendo's conference in the past have been dry in the past two years but I know for sure that Nintendo will take E3 2010 all the way home with their amazing line-up. At E3 2010, Nintendo prepares to announce a couple of updates to the Wii but thats not it! Nintendo prepares to steal the show with the unveiling of their next gen handheld 3DS. My bet is Ninty will end their conference by debuting the trailer of the most highly anticipated titles in years, Legend of Zelda Wii.

For all you Sony and Microsoft fanboys, sit back and relx because Nintendo is planning on taking E3 2010 all the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I'm still not feeling how Nintendo was dry last year. Galaxy 2, Other M, and NSMBWii. All of which were 100% new reveals

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It is going to be good. I plan to watch because I only have a Wii (from this generation).  And I am very intereted in the 3DS (hopefully that means a DSlite price drop).

Of course, all the presentations are going to be interesting. Only time will tell if that is a positive or a negative.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Mr Khan said:

I'm still not feeling how Nintendo was dry last year. Galaxy 2, Other M, and NSMBWii. All of which were 100% new reveals

In terms of announcements, last year's conference was phenomenal. Some people are just very hard to pleease.

If nintendo has the same approach and people as last year, they will be dead last. We're not judging the games, but the presentation.

It really doesn't matter what games they announce, their showmanship is a big fat 0 and they talk about sales and stats way too much.

You know Microsoft is going to have Axl Rose to show up and yell " You know where to F you are? You're in the Jungle Baby!!!"...which leads in to a big ass Gears 3 montage to that song.

You can't compete with that with games alone...

Around the Network

<table style="width: 90%;" border="0"><tr><td><strong>disolitude said:</strong><br /><p>If nintendo has the same approach and people as last year, they will be dead last. We're not judging the games, but the presentation.</p> <p>It really doesn't matter what games they announce, their showmanship is a big fat 0 and they talk about sales and stats way too much.</p> <p>You know Microsoft is going to have Axl Rose to show up and yell " You know where to F you are? You're in the Jungle Baby!!!"...which leads in to a big ass Gears 3 montage to that song.</p> <p>You can't compete with that with games alone...</p></td></tr></table><br /><br />

whoa, this is coming out strange. hoookay.

Anyway, i'll agree with this, poor presentation can mar great content, but great presentation can't save poor content. I would cite Microsoft at E3 07 for that really, where they had a blowout of a show, but no real bombshells

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:

In terms of announcements, last year's conference was phenomenal. Some people are just very hard to pleease.

Last year's conference was great but I expected more. Everyone knew there was going to be a Super Mario Galaxy sequel. I just felt as if they were missing the Legend of Zelda trailer or something regarding the next title in the series.  I don't know but their 2008 conference was terrible. I think all the conferences will be great but with what Nintendo has to offer, they will definitely stand out.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Mr Khan said:

whoa, this is coming out strange. hoookay.

Anyway, i'll agree with this, poor presentation can mar great content, but great presentation can't save poor content. I would cite Microsoft at E3 07 for that really, where they had a blowout of a show, but no real bombshells

Yeah, that years E3 sucked for MS. I don't even remember it... But funny thing is, I'd say that was still xbox 360s best year for gaming, so they prolly had no bombshells to show as everything was already on the table for the year.

In any case, Nintendo needs to bring that drummer dude back and have him do cool stuff. No one will forget that wii music drum session...ever! :)

I'd love to hear Wii HD to be honest...

Snake612 said:

Last year's conference was great but I expected more. Everyone knew there was going to be a Super Mario Galaxy sequel. I just felt as if they were missing the Legend of Zelda trailer or something regarding the next title in the series.  I don't know but their 2008 conference was terrible. I think all the conferences will be great but with what Nintendo has to offer, they will definitely stand out.

No, they really didn't.

Seeing as how Nintendo always unveils blockbuster hits at a trade show, I think it's safe to say they've won just about evey E3 since 04.