By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

@Smashchu, they didn't win E3 08. Anyway, with them unveiling 3DS which is being considered a next gen handheld, that means that the 8th generation of gaming is approaching closer than we've expected.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Snake612 said:

Its that season of gaming where gamers get pumped for the biggest gaming extravaganza in the world, E3. Although E3 conferences have been a bit dry in the past, this years E3 looks to be the best in years. Nintendo's conference in the past have been dry in the past two years but I know for sure that Nintendo will take E3 2010 all the way home with their amazing line-up. At E3 2010, Nintendo prepares to announce a couple of updates to the Wii but thats not it! Nintendo prepares to steal the show with the unveiling of their next gen handheld 3DS. My bet is Ninty will end their conference by debuting the trailer of the most highly anticipated titles in years, Legend of Zelda Wii.

For all you Sony and Microsoft fanboys, sit back and relx because Nintendo is planning on taking E3 2010 all the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll see about that!! ;)

Snake612 said:

@Smashchu, they didn't win E3 08. Anyway, with them unveiling 3DS which is being considered a next gen handheld, that means that the 8th generation of gaming is approaching closer than we've expected.

If only because Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folks under preformed.

I judge it by what they had to show and how will that help the company. E3 is not what people make it out to be. People see it as a three (four) day carnival. It's really a trade show with the purpose of showing off the company's products. Nintendo didn't win because what they showed was not good enough. However, Microsoft and Sony didn't have much to show either. Nintendo at least had Resort.

Chances are that the most important game info to come out of E3 will be Nintendo's Wii Party. There probably won't be another game this year that will sell as much. So far this gen has seen 4 Evergreen titles. NSMBWii, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit(and plus) and Mario Kart Wii.  Well here comes the 4th.

The nature of the game may detract from it's attention on internet forums, but it's a damned important game and easily one of the most important showings of E3.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I really don't see how Nintendo's E3 09 conference was at all lacking as Galaxy 2, Other M and Golden Sun DS was announced.  Golden Freakin' Sun, a series I thought I would never see a new installment in.

Of course, I can't forsee all the announcements made at the upcoming E3, but without a doubt Nintendo's E3 wil be a show not to miss.

Around the Network

It's gonna be a close one.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

naruball said:
Snake612 said:

Its that season of gaming where gamers get pumped for the biggest gaming extravaganza in the world, E3. Although E3 conferences have been a bit dry in the past, this years E3 looks to be the best in years. Nintendo's conference in the past have been dry in the past two years but I know for sure that Nintendo will take E3 2010 all the way home with their amazing line-up. At E3 2010, Nintendo prepares to announce a couple of updates to the Wii but thats not it! Nintendo prepares to steal the show with the unveiling of their next gen handheld 3DS. My bet is Ninty will end their conference by debuting the trailer of the most highly anticipated titles in years, Legend of Zelda Wii.

For all you Sony and Microsoft fanboys, sit back and relx because Nintendo is planning on taking E3 2010 all the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll see about that!! ;)

Do you I smell a bet? I bet Nintendo's conference will be the best conference at E3 this year.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Mr Khan said:

I'm still not feeling how Nintendo was dry last year. Galaxy 2, Other M, and NSMBWii. All of which were 100% new reveals

Presentation and stagecraft were the issues.  I'd also argue the 3rd party games they featured could've been better selected and handled... I mean did Dead Space Extraction and RE DarkSide Chronicles both really need to be splotlighted, and one right after the other even?   Why not diversify and highlight something like Silent Hill SM or Tatsunoko Vs Capcom instead.

is E3 a competition?  is there a prize?  no, it isn't and there isn't.  it's a trade show, you can't win a trade show.  how sad that some people's identities are so wrapped up in a video game console that they create competitions where there isn't any to simply feel better about themselves.

strunge said:

is E3 a competition?  is there a prize?  no, it isn't and there isn't.  it's a trade show, you can't win a trade show.  how sad that some people's identities are so wrapped up in a video game console that they create competitions where there isn't any to simply feel better about themselves.

this gaming industry revolves around competition. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony don't just go to these shows to show off games and other stuff. They go to show what their company has to offer regarding games and why they are the superior gaming company.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY