By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

I see this year's conferences as being Nintendo #1, MS #2, and Sony 3rd.

#1. Nintendo has what I call the trifecta of megatons this year; Zelda Wii, Wii Vitality/ Wii Relax, and 3DS. That alone should be enough to make for an excellent show, not to mention all the surprises we don't know about yet. They have several games already announced at their desposal to show off; Wii Party, Metroid Other M, The Conduit 2, Pikmin 3, Last Story, Xenoblade, Zangeki, Epic Mickey, etc. I also think we will see some more motion plus games. At least I hope so. Nintendo needs to prove that the motion plus upgrade is worth it.

#2. MS will have some stellar new games like Gears 3, maybe something new and exciting from Rare for a change, and of course Natal, which should turn some heads, though I don't see it having much of an impact besides maybe a few fun gimmicky games. It will be like the Wii controller; it will work excellent with certain genres and provide really fun unique experiences, but will also be highly flawed and akward with some genres as well. If MS prices Natal below $100, they might have a shot of making this a success. If it's $150 or more, it will be doomed to failure, as it's not easy to make a successful console add on. And I'm not sure everybody wants to game for long periods of time standing up and moving their entire bodies around. In a sense, every game becomes like Wii Fit in terms of physical movement. Because of this, I sense an angry backlash from MS core fanbase.

#3. Sony seems to be behind the curve. They will no doubt be showing off their "innovative" Move that which will be filled with demonstrations of Wii copied party games and a few core games with motion control tacked on. Most people will simply say, "ok, we saw this 4 years ago.. who cares?" I imagine some Move games will be good, but like Wii, many will be meh, and without that "new" factor, it will be forgotten about soon. They will likely show off a strong library of games, but most appear to be sequels, LBP 2, Socom 3, GT5, Killzone 3, etc.. In other words, I can't see too much of the "wow" factor coming from Sony's conference, as in surprising announcements.

Around the Network

What do you get if you win at E3? I years worth of bragging rights? Big deal.

Just so long as there is something actually worth watching I'll be happy, I mean its a show after all.

lol unless you think vids of ONE popular game is enough to win E3 then ok...they will DEFINITELY WIN! :P

It's all about the show and this year it's gonna be a close call between MS and Sony for first place, Ninty will be dead boring as usual...buy who knows, Vitality sensor might cure cancer, we will see in a week or so

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

lol unless you think vids of ONE popular game is enough to win E3 then ok...they will DEFINITELY WIN! :P

It's all about the show and this year it's gonna be a close call between MS and Sony for first place, Ninty will be dead boring as usual...buy who knows, Vitality sensor might cure cancer, we will see in a week or so

Eh, I've always felt it was about content rather than about the presentation. Ben that way for me for... well, ever since I learned what E3 was. I play the games they present, not the presentations, if you get my drift.

Khuutra said:
ramses01 said:
Khuutra said:
ramses01 said:

My question is how can Nintendo win if they aren't presenting anything interesting?  Nintendo will always finish in last of the big three in E3 performance because they haven't shown anything interesting since the introduction of the Wii.

Man I am really curious to hear your definition of "interesting".

Unfortunately I can't answer that without getting banned by trigger happy mods as the answer involves extremely unflattering opinions of nintendo.

What Mr. Khan said. There's nothing sotpping you from just saying what you think is interesting, rather than what about Nintendo you think is uninteresting.

I find good games interesting.  I find new hardware interesting.

Around the Network
ramses01 said:
Khuutra said:

What Mr. Khan said. There's nothing sotpping you from just saying what you think is interesting, rather than what about Nintendo you think is uninteresting.

I find good games interesting.  I find new hardware interesting.

It is pretty apparent you're still tryingn to get sly digs at Nintendo. Or not-so-sly ones.

Try being more specific - I want to know the qualities that appeal to you.

Metallicube said:

#1. Nintendo has what I call the trifecta of megatons this year; Zelda Wii, Wii Vitality/ Wii Relax, and 3DS. That alone should be enough to make for an excellent show, not to mention all the surprises we don't know about yet. They have several games already announced at their desposal to show off; Wii Party, Metroid Other M, The Conduit 2, Pikmin 3, Last Story, Xenoblade, Zangeki, Epic Mickey, etc. I also think we will see some more motion plus games. At least I hope so. Nintendo needs to prove that the motion plus upgrade is worth it.

#2. MS will have some stellar new games like Gears 3, maybe something new and exciting from Rare for a change, and of course Natal, which should turn some heads, though I don't see it having much of an impact besides maybe a few fun gimmicky games. It will be like the Wii controller; it will work excellent with certain genres and provide really fun unique experiences, but will also be highly flawed and akward with some genres as well. If MS prices Natal below $100, they might have a shot of making this a success. If it's $150 or more, it will be doomed to failure, as it's not easy to make a successful console add on. And I'm not sure everybody wants to game for long periods of time standing up and moving their entire bodies around. In a sense, every game becomes like Wii Fit in terms of physical movement. Because of this, I sense an angry backlash from MS core fanbase.

#3. Sony seems to be behind the curve. They will no doubt be showing off their "innovative" Move that which will be filled with demonstrations of Wii copied party games and a few core games with motion control tacked on. Most people will simply say, "ok, we saw this 4 years ago.. who cares?" I imagine some Move games will be good, but like Wii, many will be meh, and without that "new" factor, it will be forgotten about soon. They will likely show off a strong library of games, but most appear to be sequels, LBP 2, Socom 3, GT5, Killzone 3, etc.. In other words, I can't see too much of the "wow" factor coming from Sony's conference, as in surprising announcements.

Hold up: Nintendo will show new IP like Zelda and Metroid, The conduit 2, Pikmin 3 while sony Shows sequels, Sony is in trouble it seems. It's not like they ever present anything new at these events or have new hardware or new IP like they do every year.

1. Nintendo will bore us for 1:30h  with vitality stuff then show 3ds and Zelda at the End.

2. MS will bring stars and announced one huge exclusive PS3 used to have, then focus on Natal

3. Sony will show tons of games, PSP2

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Khuutra said:

Eh, I've always felt it was about content rather than about the presentation. Ben that way for me for... well, ever since I learned what E3 was. I play the games they present, not the presentations, if you get my drift.

I actually disagree to a small extent.  Before the internet broadcast the events live, I could not care less how dry the presentation was, since I was not aware of the event until a month later, when the gaming magazines reported what games were previewed/announced. 

But now I can and do watch the conferences, and like any public speaking event, the presentation does a lot to affect my impression of the product.  Every salesman, executive, and rhetoric student knows this, which is why public speaking is given such a high premium.  Microsoft in particular knows this, which is why they go to extreme lengths to try and make their presentations as awesome (in the original sense) as they can.

It may be unwise and unfair, but it's also human nature.

psrock said:

1. Nintendo will bore us for 1:30h  with sales charts and marketing talk then show 3ds and Zelda at the End.

Fixed for greater accuracy.

psrock said:
Metallicube said:

Hold up: Nintendo will show new IP like Zelda and Metroid, The conduit 2, Pikmin 3 while sony Shows sequels, Sony is in trouble it seems. It's not like they ever present anything new at these events or have new hardware or new IP like they do every year.

1. Nintendo will bore us for 1:30h  with vitality stuff then show 3ds and Zelda at the End.

2. MS will bring stars and announced one huge exclusive PS3 used to have, then focus on Natal

3. Sony will show tons of games, PSP2

Since when was a trade show about entertaining press conferences?

Wow! Nintendo will announce another Mario  game! Awesome! And another platform to play Mario! Only thing Nintendo needs to make it perfect is... another Mario game apart from the one their going to announce. Unbeatable.

Nintendo were gods during and prior to SNES, now they are nothing. I am more interested in Microsoft and the Circus they'll put on stage than Nintendo. I remember when I used to see the Nintendo64 as competition with some good games here and there that I liked to play, having a decent second place in the generation but now they are simply nothing. I am not interested in playing a Wii at all. Only games there I could see myself playingwas NSMBWXHJ because it was 2D Mario which I loved and love (hated 3D Mario) and the new Metroid game which looks good. You guys will finally crash with reality when this last game comes to sell. The sells of this game will show you the true faces (numbers) of the real gamers with a Wii. I bet that, in spite of the Wii having almost the double of units sold of what the PS3 has sold, it won't sell more than the best selling PS3 exclusive. I don't care about sells that much (only care about them because I know they afect things related to videogames) but this will show you the true face of the people that have Wiis and care for true good games. Metroid will surely deserve more than the sells it will have.

I think it is the first time I come to a Wii thread to shake things up. This is how relevant I consider Nintendo this generation.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1