By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

M.U.G.E.N said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lol unless you think vids of ONE popular game is enough to win E3 then ok...they will DEFINITELY WIN! :P

It's all about the show and this year it's gonna be a close call between MS and Sony for first place, Ninty will be dead boring as usual...buy who knows, Vitality sensor might cure cancer, we will see in a week or so

Except that's a gross exaggeration and blantantly not true at all, if you want to say that the games they show don't appeal to you that's one thing, but going out there to say "one" popular game despite sales of the titleS they show off say otherwise, then just adding to that with the shows boring... it sounds a lot like trolling to me, given your past, and this post not being constructive at all nor adding anything to the thread, it's the only conclusion I can come up with.  Honestly the old rule applies here if you got nothing good to say then don't say anything, you've been irritating people with posts like these and it's just gotten old, I'm trying to be nice here btw, tone it down.

Listen maxwell, I know your mod, and I know your ULTRA ban trigger happy when it comes to anyone who says negative things about Ninty (cuz apparently you love their games, which is by any means is NOT a bad thing) , I know this cuz I have seen the way you act in the past as well...but if you think by voicing my opinion I'm being a troll so be it, I couldn't care less and I don't want to suck up to you to prove otherwise either...for me Ninty E3 was boring as hell, in 2008 and 2009...never really checked them out before those years tbh

and also isn't this topic about Ninty winning E3? So I can post here only if I 'agree' to it? or say 'positive' things about it? I have seen no such rule! And btw I'm sure rules apply to you as well, so unless your mod so your above the rest, you can't call people trolls either ;)

And my comment was aimed at those who keeps saying how once Ninty shows Zelda at E3 they won it or something...it just makes absolute no sense to me...show several great games, stop boring us to death with sales stuff....and they will spend a LOT of time on the vitality sensor this year which SCREAMS boredom to me...so no Ninty will not win E3 this year UNLESS 3DS is simply amazing! then it will be a day one purchase for me..however as of now we know absolutely NOTHING about it, so too early to call it..

That's funny I didn't call you a troll I said your post was trolling cause it had gross exaggerations as truth and negative without being constructive or having a real point.  Which doesn't say you can't argue against the topic, it's means to actually say something that has content and facts. 

"Content is key" you actually tried with this last post, which is actual content for a debate, but then again there is still going to be more than "one" big game cause everyone knows Metroid Other M is going to be there, same with games like Golden Sun, just Zelda is the one game the industry seems to orgasm over ever since OoT, which is the basis for most people's stances.

Again no one called you a troll, simply said cut the trolling, cause talking about it does more good than just outright banning you since you seem the type to overreact like you just did.  I'm simply here trying to ease other peoples headaches as well as your own, cause people have gotten annoyed at your comments in the past and if you can start being constructive with your comments then people will enjoy having you around instead of getting pissed and coming to me lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I'll ask again, what do Sony & MS have lined up game wise besides more sequels?  Are their Wii-knockoffs it?

jarrod said:

I'll ask again, what do Sony & MS have lined up game wise besides more sequels?  Are their Wii-knockoffs it?

'Microsoft' and 'Sony' don't have anything aside from stuff like Halo Reach and Ratchet & Clank.

What they have is what they always have.  Tons of announcements of new 'exclusives' and third party games.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
jarrod said:

'Microsoft' and 'Sony' don't have anything aside from stuff like Halo Reach and Ratchet & Clank.

What they have is what they always have.  Tons of announcements of new 'exclusives' and third party games.

Speaking of I can't wait for more The Last Guardian info and hopefully a ICO collection.  And they announced Ape Escape for Move last E3 and I'm hoping this E3 they actually show it off, for me Ape Escape showed me what dual analog sticks could do for controllers and I'm hoping it'll do the same for Move. 

Other than that I'm hoping to see an actual demo of Milo.

This E3 should be really good to be honest 2008 was lack luster, 2009 was full of asshats and not a lot of new stuff outside of Nintendo announcing NSMB Wii, Golden Sun, SMG2, and Metroid Other M in one show... but 2010 seems to have something from everyone, TLG was technically announced last E3 though the trailer was "leaked" a month before, but this year I'm betting on a demo as well as a lot of Move/Natal stuff which will all be new.  Which is what I really want I guess, new stuff, I really hated the past couple of years having big sections dedicated to games shown off back in 2005/2006 cause it took so long to develop them, or sequels to games I didn't care for to begin with like ACII.

Now that most of those big games like FFXIII have finally released E3 2010, I'm hoping, will be another E3 2004.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Khuutra said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Wow! Nintendo will announce another Mario  game! Awesome! And another platform to play Mario! Only thing Nintendo needs to make it perfect is... another Mario game apart from the one their going to announce. Unbeatable.

Nintendo were gods during and prior to SNES, now they are nothing. I am more interested in Microsoft and the Circus they'll put on stage than Nintendo. I remember when I used to see the Nintendo64 as competition with some good games here and there that I liked to play, having a decent second place in the generation but now they are simply nothing. I am not interested in playing a Wii at all. Only games there I could see myself playingwas NSMBWXHJ because it was 2D Mario which I loved and love (hated 3D Mario) and the new Metroid game which looks good. You guys will finally crash with reality when this last game comes to sell. The sells of this game will show you the true faces (numbers) of the real gamers with a Wii. I bet that, in spite of the Wii having almost the double of units sold of what the PS3 has sold, it won't sell more than the best selling PS3 exclusive. I don't care about sells that much (only care about them because I know they afect things related to videogames) but this will show you the true face of the people that have Wiis and care for true good games. Metroid will surely deserve more than the sells it will have.

I think it is the first time I come to a Wii thread to shake things up. This is how relevant I consider Nintendo this generation.

Whether or not you like what Nintendo is doing this generation has nothing to do with some absolute metric of quality, nor with whether or not they're "relevant". They're the most relevant players on the field.

Metroid as an absolute measure of "core" presence on the Wii is fallacious. The average Metroid game sells about ~1.5 million copies or less. Expecting the game to sell over 5 million is unrealistic, unfair, and unreasonable to such a degree that it is nearly ridiculous. Metroid is and has always been a third-tier series for Nintendo, if that.

If you want a proper indicator, look to either Zelda, which is a second-tier series that has handily outsold every PS3 exclusive (and more than that if you count the Gamecube version), or to New Super Mario Bros Wii - a core game that has already tripled and will easily quadruple the current best-selling PS3 exclusive.

More, taking the sales of any game and using that to arrive at some loftier explanation of the userbase is fallacious. You cannot draw muc of anything based on one game.

More, even if you could, trying to pass qualitative judgment on a library based on the people who are buying a console is prejudiced against people with different tastes. It's unfair and representative of a xenophobic mentality which is more or less exactly what Nintendo is doing its best to make gaming grow beyond in this generation.

Whether of not you think that Nintendo is relevant has nothing to do with what they really are this generation. Even if they sell four times the amount of consoles that the competition gets to sell, that doesn't make them relevant in my eyes and the eyes of a lot of people who have been into real gaming for generations. Like in music, the norm has been that if sells and if it has the acceptance of the majority, it is crap. However, this wasn't the case with videogames because videogames used to be made for gamers and not for people who just want to make a novelty purchase by buying a Wii with Wii sport Resort and Wii Sun Tan and leave the console there to die.

Metroid is not an absolute measure of the core gamer in the Wii, what Metroid represents is what measures the true core gamer in the Wii with gameplay that asks more than jumping and punching enemies and slashing and casting spells in an infantile and childish fashion. Metroid is a game that represents games that can't be picked by any single person, people which aren’t gamers or that don’t have the interest of being one, and still have some fun. It will take more than those noob friendly games that these non-gamers with controller in hand recognize as games. Changing from 2D to 3D perspective, third person to first person perspective and with fast action that hopefully will ask quick reflexes, this is something that mommy and grandma wont be able to do in five minutes and then leave so that they can return to chat with neighbors and go to the kitchen. Games were made for gamers and since Nintendo couldn't top Sony they decided to grab people who are not within this gaming world with what I bet and hope will be their eventual doom.

Now, Sony and Microsoft want to ride that train too. Sony is promising to take a supposed approach to motion gaming for the core gamer which we have yet to see and Natal with what I have seen will end up making even lamer motion gaming than that of the Wii with some possible good implementations of it to core gaming. All the focus of these companies would have been directed to the development of great games but now they are trying to benefit from the interest of people who have little to do to with gaming in this motion novelty. I won't mind Sony's motion interest as long as it doesn't compromise with the development of the true great games they are known for; otherwise they can screw themselves with Nintendo for all I will care.

Metroid third tier for you? Games like Metroid should be fist tier in the gaming world. Nintendo just tries to bring about simple and childish games that will cater to children and the parents who buy them. If Nintendo really wants to make gaming go beyond, they should try to go beyond themselves first and make mature games with violent content for a change instead of bringing a console which strives to be the politically correct one for parents to protect their children. I can play all sorts of games violent and non-violent, serious and cute ones. But a gaming developer that only focus in simple games, without storyline depth and are far from being the top of the line. Not all games need to have storyline, but not all games need to lack one. Nintendo simply fails to diversify among several other things.

On the other hand, Sony brings us gamers a little of everything for every type of gamer with LBP, GOW, Fat Princess, Killzone, Flower, Gran Turismo. If Sony doesn't create the game, they assist with their creation and publish them helping to get games out there. What do Nintendo bring apart from their platforms and bland motion garbage? Nothing. I test my love for Sony at every moment, I wasn't in gaming during the beginning of this generation so I wasn't there when Sony entered with the left foot, but maybe if I did I would have told them to fuck themselves before they got to put their shit together and retake the top at the gaming development like they did with the PS and PS2.

Nintendo is not making gaming grow beyond in this generation. That is what Sony and (I hate to say) Microsoft have done this generation. The only thing that Nintendo has done is a smart tactical approach with their machine in order to remain alive and with it make the first real threat that real and dedicated gaming have seen since the game crash at the mid 80s that, ironically, Nintendo helped save that one time.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I like AbbathTheGrim.  He amuses me greatly, and I'm pleased to see that Hatfield has found his successor.

AbbathTheGrim said:

Whether of not you think that Nintendo is relevant has nothing to do with what they really are this generation. Even if they sell four times the amount of consoles that the competition gets to sell, that doesn't make them relevant in my eyes and the eyes of a lot of people who have been into real gaming for generations. Like in music, the norm has been that if sells and if it has the acceptance of the majority, it is crap. However, this wasn't the case with videogames because videogames used to be made for gamers and not for people who just want to make a novelty purchase by buying a Wii with Wii sport Resort and Wii Sun Tan and leave the console there to die.

Metroid is not an absolute measure of the core gamer in the Wii, what Metroid represents is what measures the true core gamer in the Wii with gameplay that asks more than jumping and punching enemies and slashing and casting spells in an infantile and childish fashion. Metroid is a game that represents games that can't be picked by any single person, people which aren’t gamers or that don’t have the interest of being one, and still have some fun. It will take more than those noob friendly games that these non-gamers with controller in hand recognize as games. Changing from 2D to 3D perspective, third person to first person perspective and with fast action that hopefully will ask quick reflexes, this is something that mommy and grandma wont be able to do in five minutes and then leave so that they can return to chat with neighbors and go to the kitchen. Games were made for gamers and since Nintendo couldn't top Sony they decided to grab people who are not within this gaming world with what I bet and hope will be their eventual doom.

Now, Sony and Microsoft want to ride that train too. Sony is promising to take a supposed approach to motion gaming for the core gamer which we have yet to see and Natal with what I have seen will end up making even lamer motion gaming than that of the Wii with some possible good implementations of it to core gaming. All the focus of these companies would have been directed to the development of great games but now they are trying to benefit from the interest of people who have little to do to with gaming in this motion novelty. I won't mind Sony's motion interest as long as it doesn't compromise with the development of the true great games they are known for; otherwise they can screw themselves with Nintendo for all I will care.

Metroid third tier for you? Games like Metroid should be fist tier in the gaming world. Nintendo just tries to bring about simple and childish games that will cater to children and the parents who buy them. If Nintendo really wants to make gaming go beyond, they should try to go beyond themselves first and make mature games with violent content for a change instead of bringing a console which strives to be the politically correct one for parents to protect their children. I can play all sorts of games violent and non-violent, serious and cute ones. But a gaming developer that only focus in simple games, without storyline depth and are far from being the top of the line. Not all games need to have storyline, but not all games need to lack one. Nintendo simply fails to diversify among several other things.

On the other hand, Sony brings us gamers a little of everything for every type of gamer with LBP, GOW, Fat Princess, Killzone, Flower, Gran Turismo. If Sony doesn't create the game, they assist with their creation and publish them helping to get games out there. What do Nintendo bring apart from their platforms and bland motion garbage? Nothing. I test my love for Sony at every moment, I wasn't in gaming during the beginning of this generation so I wasn't there when Sony entered with the left foot, but maybe if I did I would have told them to fuck themselves before they got to put their shit together and retake the top at the gaming development like they did with the PS and PS2.

Nintendo is not making gaming grow beyond in this generation. That is what Sony and (I hate to say) Microsoft have done this generation. The only thing that Nintendo has done is a smart tactical approach with their machine in order to remain alive and with it make the first real threat that real and dedicated gaming have seen since the game crash at the mid 80s that, ironically, Nintendo helped save that one time.

Wow. You managed to disparage the Wii's library, its buyers, Nintendo fans, its players, me, and everything related to the direction they've been leading gaming over the past six years. I don't know whether to applaud or to explode.

Unfortunately I will answer you with succinctness where you used wordiness.

1. You are rejecting different value metrics, but that doesnn't mean anything. You claim to have a vast and shadowy support behind you of "real gamers", but there are many "real gamers" (myself included, and yes I do claim that moniker) who disagree with you.

2. Your opinion on Metroid in relation to other Nintendo franchises means exactly nothing, especially coming from you limited perspective on the Wii's library.

3. People who play with motion controls are just as much gamers as you or I, and motion at this point is not a novelty, it's a legitimate mode of game design.

4. Metroid has been a third-tier series in terms of sales since its introduction. Quality has nothing to do with that, and it does not excuse the ridiculous expectation that it "should" sell five million copies. Being awesome does not equate to being appealing.

5. Nintendo gives gamers what gamers want in huge amounts: their software sales says everything on that front. Tey invite third parties to partake. That's all they're obligated to do.

6. Your perspective is immensely narrow. The vast, overwhelming majority of industry growth can be laid directly at Nintendo's feet, and if you pretend otherwise you are lying to yourself.

noname2200 said:

I like AbbathTheGrim.  He amuses me greatly, and I'm pleased to see that Hatfield has found his successor.

Hey now

That ain't cool

Okay it's sort of cool

AbbathTheGrim said:
Khuutra said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Wow! Nintendo will announce another Mario  game! Awesome! And another platform to play Mario! Only thing Nintendo needs to make it perfect is... another Mario game apart from the one their going to announce. Unbeatable.

Nintendo were gods during and prior to SNES, now they are nothing. I am more interested in Microsoft and the Circus they'll put on stage than Nintendo. I remember when I used to see the Nintendo64 as competition with some good games here and there that I liked to play, having a decent second place in the generation but now they are simply nothing. I am not interested in playing a Wii at all. Only games there I could see myself playingwas NSMBWXHJ because it was 2D Mario which I loved and love (hated 3D Mario) and the new Metroid game which looks good. You guys will finally crash with reality when this last game comes to sell. The sells of this game will show you the true faces (numbers) of the real gamers with a Wii. I bet that, in spite of the Wii having almost the double of units sold of what the PS3 has sold, it won't sell more than the best selling PS3 exclusive. I don't care about sells that much (only care about them because I know they afect things related to videogames) but this will show you the true face of the people that have Wiis and care for true good games. Metroid will surely deserve more than the sells it will have.

I think it is the first time I come to a Wii thread to shake things up. This is how relevant I consider Nintendo this generation.

Whether or not you like what Nintendo is doing this generation has nothing to do with some absolute metric of quality, nor with whether or not they're "relevant". They're the most relevant players on the field.

Metroid as an absolute measure of "core" presence on the Wii is fallacious. The average Metroid game sells about ~1.5 million copies or less. Expecting the game to sell over 5 million is unrealistic, unfair, and unreasonable to such a degree that it is nearly ridiculous. Metroid is and has always been a third-tier series for Nintendo, if that.

If you want a proper indicator, look to either Zelda, which is a second-tier series that has handily outsold every PS3 exclusive (and more than that if you count the Gamecube version), or to New Super Mario Bros Wii - a core game that has already tripled and will easily quadruple the current best-selling PS3 exclusive.

More, taking the sales of any game and using that to arrive at some loftier explanation of the userbase is fallacious. You cannot draw muc of anything based on one game.

More, even if you could, trying to pass qualitative judgment on a library based on the people who are buying a console is prejudiced against people with different tastes. It's unfair and representative of a xenophobic mentality which is more or less exactly what Nintendo is doing its best to make gaming grow beyond in this generation.

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Whether of not you think that Nintendo is relevant or not has nothing to do with what they really are this generation. Even if they sell four times the amount of consoles that the competition gets to sell, that doesn't make them relevant in my eyes and the eyes of a lot of people who have been into real gaming for generations. Like in music, the norm has been that if sells and if it has the acceptance of the majority, it is crap. However, this wasn't the case with videogames because videogames used to be made for gamers and not for people who just want to make a novelty purchase by buying a Wii with Wii sport Resort and Wii Sun Tan and leave the console there to die.

That was the longest post of pure rubbish I've read in a long time.  Not really sure what you believe gamers are but the face of gamers have changed just about every other generation.  The fact that you can go around saying you're a real gamer and its sort of a cool and accepted thing is because of the games that everyone loves like your Guitar Hero's.

Anyone that plays games is a gamer and everyone thats a gamer basically has games to represent them on each console.

As for Metroid being some sort of indicator... no... it's simply not, Metroid on NES didn't sell well, Metroid on SNES didn't sell well, it wasn't till it hit GC that it started to get real buzz even then it didn't set the charts on fire, it just isn't a series that has larger appeal like your typical FPS games.

As for destroying the game industry thats a huge laugh, you realize how many studios the rising game budgets have claimed right?  You know Sony has lost all the profits they made on the PS2/PSP and have eaten into the money they made on PS1 right?  Bad business killed the game industry not trying to appeal to bigger audiences, in fact if they did that back then, it might have saved Atari and the various other console makers.

If the games don't appeal to you, *shrug* whatever there's a million games out there, go play the ones you want to play, but some of the things you said is just full of fallicies and hurts your own stance and trying to take it out on one company is really dumb, the game industry dropped a little with the SNES era, which with the PS1 was broadened, and the SNES gamers cried foul back then cause there were people that didn't fit the "core" demographic playing games but if not for that we wouldn't have the industry as we see it today.

KylieDog said:

Zelda alone is not enough to 'win' E3 especially when it is expected, it loses all shock value that way.  The 3DS isn't going to amaze me personally when I'm still waiting for a bunch of games to be support by Nintendo on the DS.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=&keyword=&console=DS&region=All&developer=&publisher=245&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

You can thank me later nearly 150 games to choose from remember the DS is also region free :P