By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

Also, while I still find the new color scheme painful (literally), and I echo Bladeneo's sentiments re: criticism, I do want to give you the thumbs-up for making the My Recent Posts feature available at all times.  It's quite handy.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Also, while I still find the new color scheme painful (literally),

Same. It's actually hurting my eyes. I get eye strain quite quickly on the new scheme

Oh, and please bring back the ability to multi-quote.

It will be harder to follow E3 now on VGC. Too bad .... I am still totally lost when I try to find news and so on. Please, bring back VGC 2.0 !

The quote boxes are the most annoying to me. They're not nearly dark enough.

The post quoting and the post being quoted are almost indistinguishable.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Multi-quote?  The only way I've ever know to multi-quote is to make the extra ones yourself, either by copy/pasting from a different reply box in a different tab (which is a bit harder now that I can't right click the Quote button) like this: 

dtewi said:

or by manually creating a new box and putting stuff in it, which is still possible by way of inserting a table that you set to have only one column and row

(The button is on the bottom left of the selection above the text field.)

like that. 

So in what way can you no longer multi-quote? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Ajescent said:

Yes I'm aware it's a sales website but one doesn't talk about sales all the time everytime, sometimes I might want to talk about gaming stuff, what was wrong with the old method of taking you to the main page?

Again, VGChartz is now a sales website. Before 3.0, it was a Sales/Gaming site. gamrConnect is a gaming forum.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

makingmusic476 said:
DixieKong said:

For some reason I'm unable to access the "create a new thread" option on the forums page. The option is usually on the top right hand corner of the screen, but for some reason it is not showing up for me since the update to VGChartz was made.

With 3.0, there is now a delay before new users can start making threads.  I believe you must have 100 posts and been around for one month, but I'm not sure on the specifics.

I did post a thread a couple of weeks ago, so it seems rather strange that I would now be unable to post new threads because of this 3.0 update.

I don't see why everyone is upset with 3.0

It's fine, not a big deal, and this is just the beginning. They will make it better.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Final-Fan said:
noname2200 said:

Multi-quote?  The only way I've ever know to multi-quote is to make the extra ones yourself, either by copy/pasting from a different reply box in a different tab (which is a bit harder now that I can't right click the Quote button) like this: 

dtewi said:

or by manually creating a new box and putting stuff in it, which is still possible by way of inserting a table that you set to have only one column and row

(The button is on the bottom left of the selection above the text field.)

like that. 

So in what way can you no longer multi-quote? 

I was mostly referring to the first method (I tabbed the extra quotes, then copy-pasted; it was very convenient), but I also used to use the "[ quote ] [ /quote ] method as well.  The former can no longer be done, while the latter doesn't seem to do anything.

See?  Nothing doing.
Although I didn't think to use the table method.  Thanks!  It's too limited for most of my purposes, but I'll keep it in mind for when it's applicable.