By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

O, oh, I've got one! Since the forums automatically scale all images to 100x100, we still have to load the whole images. Some of these images can be... large. I don't know how large! I have not tested.

How about a filesize cap? Say, 40KB or less?

But in return, we can use animated gifs maybe?

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Final-Fan said:
noname2200 said:
Oh, and please bring back the ability to multi-quote.

Multi-quote?  The only way I've ever know to multi-quote is to make the extra ones yourself, either by copy/pasting from a different reply box in a different tab (which is a bit harder now that I can't right click the Quote button) like this: 

dtewi said:
The quote boxes are the most annoying to me. They're not nearly dark enough.
The post quoting and the post being quoted are almost indistinguishable.

or by manually creating a new box and putting stuff in it, which is still possible by way of inserting a table that you set to have only one column and row

I was mostly referring to the first method (I tabbed the extra quotes, then copy-pasted; it was very convenient), but I also used to use the "[ quote ] [ /quote ] method as well.  The former can no longer be done, while the latter doesn't seem to do anything.

Well, if you really want to, of course, you still can, it's just harder because you have to reload the page in a different tab and THEN quote them and copy/paste.  It's simply no longer convenient. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

When adding friends can we bring back the check box? I have 8 friends I want to add, but whenever I accept one it takes me to my friendlist.Too much work just to accept a friend request

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Kantor said:
Ajescent said:
Yes I'm aware it's a sales website but one doesn't talk about sales all the time everytime, sometimes I might want to talk about gaming stuff, what was wrong with the old method of taking you to the main page?

Again, VGChartz is now a sales website. Before 3.0, it was a Sales/Gaming site. gamrConnect is a gaming forum.

Here's a compromise:  Ajescent doesn't like that the "Forum" link goes to the Sales forum instead of the overall Forum page.  Why not rename the link "Sales Forum"? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I can't seem to send any original PMs in IE8.  I can go to "New Message" (the text field for which is tragically small by the way) but all I see is the "Reply" button which makes no sense and also doesn't do anything. 

But I CAN reply to messages I've already received, because then the Reply button actually works. 

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

O, oh, I've got one! Since the forums automatically scale all images to 100x100, we still have to load the whole images. Some of these images can be... large. I don't know how large! I have not tested.

How about a filesize cap? Say, 40KB or less?

But in return, we can use animated gifs maybe?

I believe the limit is 200x200.

Final-Fan said:

Well, if you really want to, of course, you still can, it's just harder because you have to reload the page in a different tab and THEN quote them and copy/paste.  It's simply no longer convenient. 

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.  It's just REALLY inconvenient.

I can get use to the various changes, I'm actually getting use to the design already, the thing that bothers me is the color scheme.  It's horrible, I would rather look at Geocities websites from 1999 with horrible animated gif backgrounds than this.

I've said this in other threads but it deserves to be said again and again and again: bright green text on a white background is a *terrible* decision.

Since my laptop is generally closer to my face I can at least read it but it hurts my eyes to be on this site for more than a few minutes.  At work where my monitor is father and my resolution is higher, I just can't read the site at all.  The real sad thing is that we went through the same thing with some VGChartz 2.0 stuff and the horrible red text.  I mean crap, have more than one person test things out.  These are basic things you're screwing up.  There's no excuse to be this bad at simple things like picking out a color scheme that doesn't hurt peoples eyes.

I'm sorry to sound overly bitchy here, it's just frustrating to not be able to read a site I like so much because of simply bad decisions.

My suggestions for that would be to either just fix it or if you're dead set on loving the green on white scheme, let us have some amount of customization.  If I could just make gamrConnect match the gamrFeed scheme that would be great!

Aside from that, my other suggestions are:

• I want my non Rich Text Reply back
  • Spoiler tags would be a cool addition
  • being able to use wiki formatting in posts would be really cool

And a bug:

• After you edit a post you have to refresh the page in order to edit again

Again, sorry to sound so negative, overall I don't have a problem with the redesign and I appreciate the amount of work put in, it's just the color scheme is awful.

Also, I suppose this is as good as spot as any to ask, are there any plans to make a VGChartz 3.0 app?

twesterm said:

Also, I suppose this is as good as spot as any to ask, are there any plans to make a VGChartz 3.0 app?

ioi said making the site workable on mobile phones is low on their priority list, so I doubt they've even thought about working on an app.