By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

I AM NOW SET. THANK YOU MASTER IOI  AND CO

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Nooooooo, my sig needs reformatting!  I loved this sig!

Hey I'll do all my grumpy complaining in a minute, but first I want to suggest a neat feature that hopefully shouldn't be too hard to add to the game collection.

Now that we can pick which games we've completed (which is awesome by the way), I'd love to have some more completion stats in my game collection.  Not just the % of games that I complete, but the % of games I complete per console, per genre, and per year would be really interesting, and it could give us a whole new type of chartz to mess around with in the forums.  And it would be fun for us to compete and see who beats the most games in a year or on a console.  Maybe there could be a "Completed" tab next to "My Games," "Wishlist," and "Tracked" that could show all those stats?  I'm sure many users would love to show off if they've beaten every FInal Fantasy or every Metroid or whatever.  Or maybe a "Stats" section that has all the completion stats I just mentioned, along with your current favorites and what you're currently playing.  Right now I can't remember what games I marked as "currently playing," so I don't remember to uncheck that when I'm done with a game.  I might still be playing 20 games.  It would be nice to have them all in one list so I could turn them off.

That's my main idea.  Here are some other suggestions for customizability of the game collection page.  They're not as awesome and important, but would still be really helpful and appreciated:

I'd also like to be able to sort the games by alphabetical order, chronological order of release dates, or my own personal ratings.  And I'd like to see the whole collection at once (I know it's a big pain in the ass to load it all on one page, but I miss the option, maybe there could be a link to see the whole collection at once, with or without the images?).  Right now I can only have 20 of my games on a single page, and I can only actually see 5 of them at the same time before I need to scroll.  I loved being able to see the whole thing at once.  Basically I spent a lot of time adding games to the database just so I could add them to my collection just so I could look at them all at once here at VGC, lol.  It's much easier than going to my closet full of NES cartridges to see my babies.  And many of my real games aren't that pretty anymore, so they look much better at this site, haha.

And if I can get to see my whole game collection at once again, then I'd love to be able to list the consoles in the order they released instead of alphabetical order.  With VGC 2.0, DS came before Game Boy, and N64 came before SNES.  I guess this isn't a problem for Sony fans, since their systems will be PS1, 2, 3, but it's weird for Nintendo fans.  And I like to look at my game collection from a uh... historical perspective, from PC to WiiWare.

And here's one complaint: the shiny white triangle in the corner of our avatars.  What's it for?  Just because it looks AMAZING on Boutros doesn't mean it works for the rest of us.

THANKS for bringing the recent posts back

WE LOVE YOU!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Thank you for returning the recent post bar. One of the main qualms I had with the updated site. 

ZenfoldorVGI said:

OMG, my little recent post bar is back. THANK YOU ioi!!!!!!! :)

YES!!!!!!!!!!  That was quick.  Thanks!

Around the Network

Hm.... I really enjoy the old side bar with our 10 recent threads coming back!

I'm getting used to the new site, it's growing on me. I only have minor gripes, now. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

epic win for the bar, but still cannot post from my  ipod

Its saying I have 7 new messages when I don't have 7 new messages

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

One of my (2) gripes taken care of. I really missed that recent post sidebar.

Now for Hot Topics!

By the way, the recent post sidebar doesn't change to an alternate color when your quoted does it? If not, that is another small add I think majority of the forum goers would greatly appreciate.

Keep up the good work though, the sites look great.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

darthdevidem01 said:

Its saying I have 7 new messages when I don't have 7 new messages

that happens to me too, and when I read my messages it still says 7 new messages

ps. does the different color thing when quote work?