By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

I'm noticing that people are adding more friends and more games to their profile... probably just to get more points. I'm not sure why more points equate to higher levelling? A new user can join and add as many games as he/she likes and as many friends, does that mean he's a higher member? 

Just a suggestion... shouldn't posting in threads and creating threads reward you with higher points than adding a game? 

~XD Why yes, I am in a ranty mood today. ~

Around the Network

i noticed that when you post something and it ends up on the next page, you don't get directed to that page, the older page is just refreshed, you must click the "next" button in order to see your post

May I also suggest filling up the site's "hub" with more items, like a larger preview of the four sites and also (i can't beleive i'm saying this) more ads, make it brighter too, i think that would greatly improve the appearance of the main hub

I must agree with the assertion that splitting the information of a game in so many directions again makes the site difficult to use. A simple link between the place where theres a review and where theres numbers and vice versa would solve this issue.

It just seems to me that everything just takes too many clicks, which will ultimately lose you users.

Will we see the update history of the game pages back, like on the old site? Like who uploaded the banner or who added a release date?

it would be nice if the "activity feed" was not the main attraction of the gamrconnect page. having teh threads as the center of attention seems to make a lot more sense then seeing annoying activity that i don't really care about. instead i have to look at small ass "popular topics" on the right side of the page when they should be front and center.

EDIT: ignore this. i just realised i can adjust it on teh side. i still think it should be teh default though instead of activity feed.

Around the Network

Oh noes we can't see why one was banned anymore! It was a great feature lol

I like the new look. But here are some things that should be taken care of sooner or later:

- indicator if a user is online or offline
- hot topics should come back
- "my recent posts" sidebar should come back, including the red font when someone has replied to you
- when browsing the game database, you can't add the game to your collection/wishlist

Those are the first things I noticed that I think need to be fixed. The site's overall a little cluttered at the moment what with the 4 sub-sites and all, but I'm sure most of us will get used to it eventually.

Boutros said:

Oh noes we can't see why one was banned anymore! It was a great feature lol

I agree , we cant even see who has been permabanned now. I liked to check the banned page just because of this, now theres no point on seeing it.

1 let the background ad be optional

2 the ad in the profile below mod history should be pushed back when you want to check yout history

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ioi grey text on off white on white is hard to read after long periods on most monitors, same for light green on white. just make them both darker and it will be much better IMO of course. other than that and the bugs and missing features the site is much better and still improving. 

It is a pity that the layout keeps getting broken by certain signatures hope people change their sigs soon, or you find a way to fix the problem.

I don't want to sound like a nag but there are some real problems ATM I understand you are doing your best and you are probably fixing the problems as I type. Overall the redesign  is actually pretty good and it's improved a lot in the last 12 hours.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!