By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

The sites look great, all four of them. The Problem is I can't seem to find anything, I guess it will take some times to get used to it.

One thing, I need the forum activity sidebar so badly.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
ioi said:
Dazkarieh said:

Seriously ioi, if you simply want us to tell you "Great!!! It has a few bugs, but then it's ok, it'll be perfect", I don't yhink these threads would be needed, as you would figure the bugs out yourselves. If you expect us to help you figuring out bugs, I would expect you would listen to general feed back too.

Honestly, I agree with you when you saypeople hate change. I deal with it all the time in my projects. But you have users saying why, and honestly, it's hard for me to believe that you like to navigate in VGChartz right now. I could tell you million reasons why, but then again it's hard for me to tell what's better besides the new features, because I can't fin any. Imagina e new user that arives here, go to VGChartz and see a game that he doesn't know seling well. he clicks on it, and there is no information about it. Not even a link redirecting to the gamrReview page of that game. Do you really believe the user will navigate through the top menu, search for the game, find it, click on it, then navigate through the top menu again to gamrConnect section, search for the game thread, etc etc etc...Because there is no board discussion on it. Damn... he can't even see a board discussion about the sales itself.

Even if this changes (and honestly, with a couple of easy and standard inter-section links, it would get muchhhhhh better) are suposed to be made in the future, I believe that each day it passes like this you're loosing users.

And with the obvious respect I have for you, your attitude in this thread has been very rude sometimes. You even laughed about this kind of complains/feedback. I truly think you have your plan, and you should defend it. But laugh about your userbase feedback sounds very rude. Userbase is what makes this website. Even if you have to please investors (I'm just saying this as you referred it at least twice) , you shouldn't ignore all the rest. Otherwise, it would be easy to transform this project in NPD Part 2. As I don't believe that's the path you want.

Not at all, I don't expect everyone to just fall on the floor and love everything, but "I hate it" and similar comments are pretty pathetic and totally unconstructive. As I've mentioned, the site is still in beta so a lot of features and links are yet to be completed - this will be coming in shortly.

We don't have any investors to please but I know the direction i want to take the site in (as I have from when I first launched it) and unfortunately if people don't like that direction then this isn't for them. I've taken time to explain the thought behind a number of the decisions so that should be more than enough for people.

Then, I believe you should "finish" the changes and then release it. Sorry, but I don't see VGChartz as a amateur web project, and I believe you share my thoughts here, so this "release the base then add the features" sounds strange.

Also, and since we're on constructive critics... please eliminate the slowness. It was my main issue with V2 and it seems to continue the same. I thought it was a problem with the applets developed, but now that's all much simple, I can see it's a database issue. Please take some time on it.

it looks more modern but it is a bit confusing because it is you don't know where any thing is any more. also before i liked the home page as every thing was there. now if you want to see all the latest news you have to go and see the news page. it had a larger main page and i think it was easier to navigate.

no more reviewing games for yourselves, just scoring

no more comments unless there is a review

both major complaints, those 2 things are the only reason i used this site tbh

Boutros said:

Oh noes we can't see why one was banned anymore! It was a great feature lol

Seriously?  Doh, that sucks, I liked reading it as well :(

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

c'mon ioi, isn't there any way of fixing the ipod touch bug?

Just a little thing, why doesn't the thread line up with the rest of the page? Looks weird.

Another thing. There's a fair amount of space that could be used to make avatar's appear larger in threads. They're too small.

Not a bug or complaint. But just wanted to let you guys know that these exist:

www.gamrfeed.com

www.gamrconnect.com

www.gamrreview.com

:)

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

OMG, my little recent post bar is back. THANK YOU ioi!!!!!!! :)

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.