By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

ioi said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also ioi, know this. The site does look very professional, congratz to your coders.

I coded the vast majority of it myself.

lol, well, you're actually better at coding than anyone I know and that's a big compliment. This is professional team level quality sir. Congratulations on the launch.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

The site is not too bad, will take a little time getting use to. Not huge on the light grey and dark grey for the sales chart though, they way it was colour coded in 2.0 was much more preferable. Overall, the site is looking good though, nice job boys.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I'm losing points.

Is that normal?

I think you should put a link on the main page of a game and the sales number of it of the VGchartz tabs. Because now if I click on a game you send me to gamreviews tabs and there is no sales number I have to go in vgchartz tabs search  the game I alredy search for in gamreviews. And then there is no link back the the gamereviews tabs, I know I can press the back button or open a new firefox tabs but I prefer the old design.

I also dislike the faq that I can't see all my game collection on 1 page I have to pass through pages to find one of my game I use the use this as direct link to navigated to games i own and i want to own.

The design on the other looks nice and polish. God Job. I hope we get back some of the old feature we liked.

The site is loading really slow.  The news articles are broken and mess up the page.  The forums are pretty messed up with a third of the page being black and grey stripes pretty much.  All the posts look like quote boxes floating on nothing, which looks very messy.   The front page looks extremely messy with just random things placed on a white blank screen. 

With the old site it looked professional and thoughtout where people could access anything with ease.  Now it just looks very poor and put together in a rush.  You also say the site continues to grow and that changes are needed, but i have been visiting the site since near the start and there are no more active people now then 2-3 years ago.

Around the Network

Green on the white is ok, just a little hard to read. Maybe a slightly darker green woudl be better. However the green on grey that happens for the Hot Forum Topics area is really hard to read.

Yes please please please bring the Hot topics back & the side bar showing who quoted you in red. I mean my forum activity today has dropped a lot, its weird, but those little genius features made VGchartz stand out. 

while I was posting on Neo-gaf everything felt inferior without my sidebar telling me where I posted & who's quoted me, same on gametrailers forum & everywhere else!!!

Don't keep a dog away from his bone please

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I also miss the switching cover from Collector edition to regular to foreign on my collection. It makes your collection looks more close to what it is in reality.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I have no problem with the white background or green text. Everything looks great.

I love this color scheme more than before actually, it's less of an 'underground' type (i don't know how else to describe the old scheme), it's brighter and more inviting, especially to newcomers

i mean Facebook, IGN, Yahoo... etc (all the well known sites) have a bright (mostly white) appearance. they're popular for a reason, they are professional looking, inviting and nice to look at overall

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Ok, after a little more time trying it, I wish hot topics were back, BADDDD, plus one more thing, is there a way to add my "recent posts" back to the left when I'm posting.

That is really messing up my mojo, I can't tell how to get to my old topics, and I can't see what the interesting or new topics are.........it's really annoying, lol, I feel very gimped here. It's like taking away a mages ability to cast magic in WoW and saying "L2P, working as intended, use your staff," lol.

I feel your pain Zen, as do many many others. It really needs to be implemented again in some form.