By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

routsounmanman said:
Khuutra said:

I would also like some navigation buttons at the bottom of the page.

I would also like an "ignore user" option, as always.

Why do you so desperately want to ignore me? >_<

OT: I can delete any comment on gamrFeed news. Is that a bug or a new feature for "Writers"?

Now, now. It's not just you. Ideally I would ignore everyone, and spend the rest of eternity talking only to myself.

More seriously:

I would like to formally lodge the suggestion that an "ignore user" function be integrated into the forums - in order to cut down on the possibility of someone ignoring everyone, perhaps link the ignore function to a user-created list that can hold non more than five members.

Once more, for clarity:

An Ignore User function, which can only be applied to five people at a time for any given account, perhaps in the form of a list in the user's preferences.

I'm going to keep suggesting this until it's either done or TalonMan punches me in the face. I'll take either

Around the Network

We have quick reply and navigating by pages again :D

I would like to put in a vote for the 'my recent topics' sidebar to come back.

I'll likely be posting in this thread many times over the coming days and weeks, I don't want to say much until I've had a good click around the site

Edit - moar!

The three regions are now Americas, Japan and EMEAA

EMEAA standing for Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa?

TBH, I think it was fine as 'Others'. We never in the old days had threads created because people didn't understand the distinction between Others and Europe, however, we did have a lot of threads brought about by the fact that people interpreted 'Americas' as 'The United States of America' If it were up to me, I would have The Americas because that is the most common way of referring to that region, Japan is obvious and Others because, no matter how long an acronym you get, you will still never actually get all regions. The best I could do would be EMEAEJAANZ - Europe Middle east Asia excluding Japan Africa Australia New Zealand, and that still doesn't cover everything

Things that could be changed IMO:

Posts have varying width. It makes thread uglier.

White background is too strong (it is making my eyes bleed TBH. A light grey would fare better).

Console colors should be back instead of uniform lime green.

Site needs to get faster.

Navigation table like one already said.

Also, I wanted the Yearly VGChartz to show this year sales (in this case, 2010), because now I can only see 2009. Even though it isn't complete, I'd like to track the sales to know how the year is going.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Ok on VGC 2.0 whenever you clicked on a thread that had new posts (after visiting it previously) you were directly taken to the page where you had read the last post in that thread so that you wouldn't have go back to the first page & then click the last page button.

That was a fantastic feature

I hope you have plans to bring it back  

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I would also like to humbly suggest re-examining how avatars are being displayed. Resizing them all is fine, though I prefer 100x100 rather than 80x80, but I do not like the little shiny laminate strip in the upper left-hand corner.

Also, it seems to currently resize horizontally rather than by area - so some narrow avatars are now almost 200 pixels tall!

has anyone else lost their sig picture

and i don't seem to have any pictures or albums anymore which is where i linked my sig pic from,

do we have a place for pictures anymore?

Above & Beyond

Mostly I just miss the list of hot topics.

Everything else is pretty cool.

There are some things to work out, but it's mostly graphical stuff.

can you comment on individual games like in the old version,

i can't seem to find it anywhere,i used to like that bit

Above & Beyond

Please return the forums section back to the way it i was, everything else is fine a lil buggy but fine.