By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

ok. Walked around a bit and the modulation is pretty neat and organized. Below is a list of my issues and noted problems. I haven't read all of this thread to know if they've been duplicated or not.

Many of the buttons to appear to not work (like selecting the various options in your personal game collection, i.e. all or wishlist).

The light green font on the grey background for the forum hot topics is hard to read and they should be the prime focus when you go to gamrConnect or that should be an option. This could be done by simply bolding and changing color to a darker font.

There needs to be a hover tool tip over the various network icon/links so you know what each section is for (beginners help) vs it only existing on the hub.

The hub could be improved to add scrolling boxes for the news and forum boxes and the vgc one should have a small version of the overall totals for the consoles. Kinda the more important chart than last week's game titles.

Hope these help. I'll give more info as I come accross it. Great job so far, like the expanded focus as a more open gaming website.

Around the Network

wow these are big changes, it will take a lot to get used to it.

darthdevidem01 said:

One more suggestion:

On the gamerReview page for each game, it would be cool to display the sales the game has (just the total value thats all).

Or just a link to the other page. The odd thing is that when you search for them you see the sales in the search results

Oh, one last thing that bothers me just a tiny bit:

When you click on a thread that has over 50 posts (2 pages or something like that) because you want the "New posts" count to be at 0, it will only count the number of posts on the page you're at when you clicked the thread. I still have to reclick the thread to put the new post count to 0.

Other than that, keep up the good work guys!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Another option would be better interoperability between the new modules. For instance, when I'm in the new gamrConnect, I won't easily tell if a new news item has been posted or new review. There should be some basic quick view of the other three modules prime item depending what module you're in.

For example. If I'm in GamrConnect, the top could three small boxes accross the top of the page.

1. VGC - showing last weeks top 10 game or hardware chart.

2. gamrFeed - showing top 5 news.

3. gamrReview - top 5 latest reviews.

If you're on a different module the gamrConnect quick view could show top 10 forum hot topics.

This would be a good way to keep everythign in focus.

Around the Network

sorry if someone said it, but please remove the link from the sidebar/background, it's annoying and useless.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I don't understand what happen here

the buttons disappeared, I use the quick reply option.. also the image collection is lost.

I like the color scheme but I am lost in the site, I guess it will take some time to learn how to navigate :(

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Also, the search needs to be enhanced to search all available sections regardless of where you are searching. If you search something on say IGN, it returns a list broken into different subsections based on your search. Since this site now has a single search area, it too should break down all possible options.

I searched for "super mario galaxy 2" and it returned two options for forum stuff. No review, no game page, no sales, etc. That really needs to be expanded.

ohhh. The pages are A LOT faster now. I think I'll let the *full* page open now as the *clutter* have been massively reduced and the overall user experience is far better. THANK YOU!

I dont know how to edit my post :(

also, the text editor works weird on opera, and when I type The Last Story it search for key words not the name

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?