By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve wants PS3 to open like a Mac not closed like a Gamecube.

Valve really just needs to shut thee mouth, the more they speak the less they look like respected developers. Valve is to much about easy money with no work, Great developers love the challenge, they thrive off it, its Obvious valve does not, they just want easy money these days.

Around the Network

If Left4Dead is the big Valve game then stay at 360 and pc. There are plenty of studios that are more than eager to develope for the ps3 and the games look and play great. NO LOVE LOST.

I really don't know of anyone that is just chomping at the bit for Valve to bring L4D to the PS3, other than fanboys that just want to steal another exclusive from the 360.

I really don't care if the original article featured at Scrawlfx was an attempt at trolling or what, as long as Valve keeps their redundant slop and gristle games sequestered on the 360 and pc, I'll be satisfied. Seriously, if I wanted to play something as monotonous and boring as L4D, I'd go to the local Dave and Buster's and play Spacegun for two hours. As for husky Gabe, the only thing he should be opening is the door to the nearest gym.

@Kasz and I say once again read the article where they said it was too hard to work on PS3, it was in an issue of Game Informer. How is it trolling if I just repeat what was said? Gureillia, Naughty Dog, Capcom, Square Enix, hell every other company manages to work on PS3 but Valve cant???? BS, I dont care how much links are put up, actions speak louder than words

Around the Network

@maximus22 im pretty sure both L4Ds are on PC, so I dont know where your getting that 360 exclusive crap from

This seems like Gabe's way of saying he wants the Steam platform on consoles. "Closed" systems to Gabe involve having to put their content on someone else's service. I suspect he would much rather make Valve's highly profitable platform available for new audiences (like they did with mac users). OSX is open in the sense that Valve is able to offer their digital distribution platform on it, while that's not possible with the ps3.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

^ KEEP MUNCHING GABE ^

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Yeah, how about we cut out the fat jokes? Seriously unfunny and unoriginal guys.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

This seems like Gabe's way of saying he wants the Steam platform on consoles. "Closed" systems to Gabe involve having to put their content on someone else's service. I suspect he would much rather make Valve's highly profitable platform available for new audiences (like they did with mac users). OSX is open in the sense that Valve is able to offer their digital distribution platform on it, while that's not possible with the ps3.

At some point Microsoft and Apple are going to wake up and offer a service similar to Steam and Valve will start to cry.......

There is no way publishers and developers will keep letting a competitor getting their cut on every game they sell...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !