By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

mysticwolf said:
Carl2291 said:
mysticwolf said:

That is the answer to the question of the title of this thread

So. Let me get this right. Some Nintendo fans are angry because...

Sony's remote is black, while the Wii's is white.

Sony's has a wireless sub-controller, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's has a big coloured ball on the end, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's uses a camera to work, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's is more accurate than the Wii's.

Sony's cannot be tilted to be used like a traditional controller, the Wii's can.

OT:
I think it's more to do with the more hardcore Wii fanbase being worried of 3rd parties reaction to it. If it sells well enough, we could see 3rd parties show even less attention to the Wii. ESPECIALLY if Natal takes off too. I predict lots of butthurt talk after E3, if Natal is looking good...

Looks don't matter. It's the same thing, it just looks different.

Nintendo could've made the Nunchuck wireless if they wanted too, but they didn't.

Of course Move will be more accurate! Technology always gets better as time goes on.

If Nintendo wanted to make entirely new and more accurate controllers, they could. But instead of making customers buy entirely new controllers, they made Motion+

If looks don't matter than why did you post a pointless picture showing how the 2 controllers look?

Around the Network
dtewi said:
axumblade said:
dtewi said:
axumblade said:
dtewi said:
Because it t3h copies Ninty.

OT:

Seriously, Sony is being the biggest hypocrite in the entire world and hypocrisy is pretty much one of the most annoying things ever.

They're a business. They talk big about themselves because they are a BUSINESS trying to convince the consumer they are worth their time. They take ideas and put their own spin on them because they have seen those ideas have been successful and hope they can make money off of it because...THEY'RE A BUSINESS.

I'm sorry but its really stupid to act like hypocrisy is the ultimate sin in the business world because almost every business that's successful has had to make adjustments to themselves that do not follow the companies original intentions. It's called adapting. Generally businesses that aren't willing to adapt their structure tend to die off relatively fast. If that weren't the case, we'd still be playing Nintendo console games on cartridges.

I don't care, that's the reason why people are finding it annoying even though every business does it.

Are you saying there's a better reason?

I'm not saying that your reason is not the reason that most Nintendo fans are getting mad over the situation, but I am saying that it's pointless to get mad over such a common practice as copying your competition to get a few extra sales.

No it's not pointless, I still feel really annoyed if others need to copy just to advance, but just because every company does that doesn't mean it's OK.

well in that case. Magnavox should be the only console manufacture? no Wii's, PS3's, or 306's. just Magnavox.

Cheebee said:
Smidlee said:
Wii-mote does have a camera. It's in the controller.

Yes, that and the Wiimotes come in black too, there are (3rd party) wireless Nunchuks available, and with WM+ control is 1:1, so more accurate than that is impossible. He was right about the ball thing though, Wii doesn't have that. Shame, really.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that looks don't matter?

Besides, I can put a Wii remote in my pocket. It would be kind of hard to do that if it had a giant ball at the end of it.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

dtewi said:
Smidlee said:
dtewi said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrite

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. 

Seems like Sony did that right there.

Would you STILL want to argue when you're so certainly wrong?

But that statement at the time is consistent with their actions and they had billions riding on it. ECCI state that force feedback is a gimmick and not needed. They finally built a force feedback wheel because of Iracing laser scan tracks. 

There is a saying "put your money where your mouth is." Sony did exact this and lost.

DUDE!

It doesn't matter.

They went against what they had said they believed before.

That is hypocrisy.

There's no time limit on it, it's still hypocrisy! It's not putting their money where their mouth is, it's hypocrisy.

thats like EA saying no to the UFC and then turnning around and making EA MMA.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
dtewi said:
axumblade said:
dtewi said:
axumblade said:
dtewi said:
Because it t3h copies Ninty.

OT:

Seriously, Sony is being the biggest hypocrite in the entire world and hypocrisy is pretty much one of the most annoying things ever.

They're a business. They talk big about themselves because they are a BUSINESS trying to convince the consumer they are worth their time. They take ideas and put their own spin on them because they have seen those ideas have been successful and hope they can make money off of it because...THEY'RE A BUSINESS.

I'm sorry but its really stupid to act like hypocrisy is the ultimate sin in the business world because almost every business that's successful has had to make adjustments to themselves that do not follow the companies original intentions. It's called adapting. Generally businesses that aren't willing to adapt their structure tend to die off relatively fast. If that weren't the case, we'd still be playing Nintendo console games on cartridges.

I don't care, that's the reason why people are finding it annoying even though every business does it.

Are you saying there's a better reason?

I'm not saying that your reason is not the reason that most Nintendo fans are getting mad over the situation, but I am saying that it's pointless to get mad over such a common practice as copying your competition to get a few extra sales.

No it's not pointless, I still feel really annoyed if others need to copy just to advance, but just because every company does that doesn't mean it's OK.

well in that case. Magnavox should be the only console manufacture? no Wii's, PS3's, or 306's. just Magnavox.

That's a bit of an extrapolation, but I would agree that many people were copying the video gaming onslaught in the 80s.

I may disagree with it on ethical standards, but it has advanced the world somewhat.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
mysticwolf said:
Carl2291 said:
mysticwolf said:

That is the answer to the question of the title of this thread

So. Let me get this right. Some Nintendo fans are angry because...

Sony's remote is black, while the Wii's is white.

Sony's has a wireless sub-controller, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's has a big coloured ball on the end, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's uses a camera to work, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's is more accurate than the Wii's.

Sony's cannot be tilted to be used like a traditional controller, the Wii's can.

OT:
I think it's more to do with the more hardcore Wii fanbase being worried of 3rd parties reaction to it. If it sells well enough, we could see 3rd parties show even less attention to the Wii. ESPECIALLY if Natal takes off too. I predict lots of butthurt talk after E3, if Natal is looking good...

Looks don't matter. It's the same thing, it just looks different.

Nintendo could've made the Nunchuck wireless if they wanted too, but they didn't.

Of course Move will be more accurate! Technology always gets better as time goes on.

If Nintendo wanted to make entirely new and more accurate controllers, they could. But instead of making customers buy entirely new controllers, they made Motion+

If looks don't matter than why did you post a pointless picture showing how the 2 controllers look?

Hmm... I suppose you're right...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I don't recall any nintendo fan ripping sony move. Sony fans ripped nintendos gimmick motion controls
It sounds like you are creating somthing based on false assumptions

Carl2291 said:
Cheebee said:
Smidlee said:
Wii-mote does have a camera. It's in the controller.

Yes, that and the Wiimotes come in black too, there are (3rd party) wireless Nunchuks available, and with WM+ control is 1:1, so more accurate than that is impossible. He was right about the ball thing though, Wii doesn't have that. Shame, really.

Firstly, i never said it didn't have a camera. I said the PS Move needs a camera to work. The Wii Remote doesn't need a camera to work. If i'm wrong on that point... Then oh well. The other points stand.

The image he gave had a white Wii Remote.
Only 3rd party wireless remotes? None from Nintendo?
Needs an addon to match the PS Move, so again... Point stands. I said Wii Remote, not Wii Remote + Addons...
And big balls rule.

The Wiimote does need a camera to work, for the pointer. And without the pointer, you can't play any game on your Wii, so, it's definitely needed.

The white pic is probably 'cos the black one isn't out in the US yet... when does that bundle finally get released over there, anyway? We're almost getting new colors here in Europe, I think, hehe.

No, there are wireless remotes from Nintendo. They're all wireless. It's the Nunchuks that are wired. Those do come in wireless varieties, but only 3rd party.

But, Wii's Nunchuks are motion sensitive, Move's aren't. Also, Wiimotes have built-in speakers, Move doesn't. And PS3 can only have 2 Moves and 2 subcontrollers connected at any time, so for multiplayer games for more than 2 players you're out of luck... That sucks, especially considering Sony is supposedly targeting the casual crowd with this (and the main selling point for casual games is the multiplayer aspect).

I'm with you on the big balls thing. Especially multi-colored glowing big balls.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

axumblade said:
dtewi said:

.......you have literally no clue what you've been talking about in this thread, do you?

o.O Who are you talking about?

Smidlee

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Smidlee said:
dtewi said:
Smidlee said:
RolStoppable said:
Smidlee said:

I don't see how you can call Sony hypocrites since I have no doubt Sony actually did see motion controls as a gimmick. We know for a fact Sony did mess around with motion control during PS2 years. Sony had hope the "playstation" name itself would  overcome the expense of PS3. PS3 is Sony's best built console which had a top of the line Blu-ray unlike the average PS2 DVD player. Thus a hypocrite wouldn't put a lot of money into something they didn't think it would succeed.

Here is a good reason to call Sony hypocrites.

This was two years ago and this shows they were not hypocrites. They actually follow this path just as they described and lost their butts doing it. It's the same when the Big N finally dump the cartiage after losing to PS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrite

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. 

Seems like Sony did that right there.

Would you STILL want to argue when you're so certainly wrong?

But that statement at the time is consistent with their actions and they had billions riding on it.

ECCI state that force feedback is a gimmick and not needed. They finally built a force feedback wheel because of Iracing laser scan tracks. ECCi were not hypocrites because they finally changed their minds.

There is a saying "put your money where your mouth is." Sony did exact this and lost.

anything can be considered a gimmick. who's to say consoles them selvies arin't gimmick's? anything that needs to sell has a gimmick. it pull's you in. how else would this industry servive?