By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

i thought this fued was over already?

maybe they where so pissed because it took sony 4 fucking years to realise motion controls is the future

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
Carl2291 said:
mysticwolf said:

Of course Move will be more accurate! Technology always gets better as time goes on.

What make Move more accurate is not what new about Move. TrackIR is very ccurate as it been out for years. Move new tech is it tracks different colors besides IR. What makes Move more accurate vs Wii-mote is you are moving the point being tracked by a stationary camera vs moving the camera to aim at the "tracking" points.  With Move it can use both the camera and motion sensors at the same time since you don't have to point at a IR bar.

I think gamers in general are tired of Sony mocking a competitors product and then implementing that feature later on. They started doing this during the PS2 era. They mocked the inclusion of online play in the Dreamcast and then released the network adapter. They mocked MS for putting a hard drive in the original Xbox and then they released a hard drive for the PS2. While they would draw ire regardless, the fact that they openly make fun of an idea before ripping it off amplifies the hatred they receive.

sony talked shit about nintendo's "gimmicky" motion controls for almost 3 years
suddenly motion controlls are the future?

that is hypocrisy and that is slightly annoying

about all this talk of cartriges and CDs, correct me if im wrong, but i dont recall nintnedo calling CDs a "gimmick" and a "fad".

TX109 said:

about all this talk of cartriges and CDs, correct me if im wrong, but i dont recall nintnedo calling CDs a "gimmick" and a "fad".

Of course N didn't call CD a fad or gimmick since CD were out  and a success before Playstation.

Around the Network

Where is this massive clump of Sony fans who are extremely excited about Move? I sure haven't seen them in here. So stating that everyone who were saying that motion controls on the Wii were/are a gimmick are jumping up and down for Move is blatantly false.
In fact, it seems like most people are quite skeptical about the whole thing (me included) and feel that it has no place on the PS3 as a platform.
I was one of those who didn't fall in love with the Wiimote, and guess what? I think Move is silly, plain and simple.

Darc Requiem; That's business for you, MS have been doing the same thing as well, implementing rumble into their controller despite saying it was completely redundant, releasing an HD-DVD player add-on despite claiming that consoles were largely useless as media players and there was no need to support any of the HD formats (strange thing to say when you build an HD console). Nintendo have also kept ranting on about how online play is not only unimportant to them but unwanted by the gamers themselves (at least, that's what Iwata himself has droned on about) and they too are adding storage to the Wii despite failing to see the need for it off the line.

For me, all three manufacturers have made equally big asses of themselves this gen in one way or another and I find it funny that this site always deals in absolutes, even the most intelligent posers like to point fingers and accuse and somewhere, somehow someone is always labeling one of the companies as evil or unethical (people aren't wrong all the time though, some things are unethical).

The way I see it, every sale of both Move and Natal justifies Nintendo's attempt to change the way we play games. Having your competitors fall in line is just one step from ultimate victory.

That'll come if/when motion control comes as a standard on all consoles.

VGChartz

Mummelmann said:
Where is this massive clump of Sony fans who are extremely excited about Move? I sure haven't seen them in here. So stating that everyone who were saying that motion controls on the Wii were/are a gimmick are jumping up and down for Move is blatantly false.
In fact, it seems like most people are quite skeptical about the whole thing (me included) and feel that it has no place on the PS3 as a platform.
I was one of those who didn't fall in love with the Wiimote, and guess what? I think Move is silly, plain and simple.

Darc Requiem; That's business for you, MS have been doing the same thing as well, implementing rumble into their controller despite saying it was completely redundant, releasing an HD-DVD player add-on despite claiming that consoles were largely useless as media players and there was no need to support any of the HD formats (strange thing to say when you build an HD console). Nintendo have also kept ranting on about how online play is not only unimportant to them but unwanted by the gamers themselves (at least, that's what Iwata himself has droned on about) and they too are adding storage to the Wii despite failing to see the need for it off the line.

For me, all three manufacturers have made equally big asses of themselves this gen in one way or another and I find it funny that this site always deals in absolutes, even the most intelligent posers like to point fingers and accuse and somewhere, somehow someone is always labeling one of the companies as evil or unethical (people aren't wrong all the time though, some things are unethical).

well i'll be the first to quote and say i don't support move or eyetoy (PS3 owner). i don't even support Wii's motion controles and i own one. i think they should stick with the classic controler.

@Mummelmann

I think you missed my point. It's not that they copy their competitors, that is business. Mocking your competitors idea before copying is the problem. That's bad for business. It creates unnecessary negative PR, that reduces your potential consumer base.

Smidlee said:
TX109 said:

Of course N didn't call CD a fad or gimmick since CD were out  and a success before Playstation.

so why then is it being brought up in a thread that has turned into a discussion about hypocrisy?