By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

Severance said:
fanboys are always the drama queens.
thats why they are fanboys.

A million times this.

Love Mir Forever!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB
My Favorite Jrpg Series: Ar Tonelico, Lunar, Tales of, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier/Mana Khemia, Suikoden, Grandia, Wild arms, and Disgaea.

Around the Network

ctrl+F "Seece"

"Phrase Not Found"

Move is going to be interresting.

So far, I just think it's funny how their version of "casual games" look.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Darc Requiem said:
@Mummelmann

I think you missed my point. It's not that they copy their competitors, that is business. Mocking your competitors idea before copying is the problem. That's bad for business. It creates unnecessary negative PR, that reduces your potential consumer base.

The examples I listed from MS and Nintendo were basically the same thing (the online, rumble, HD format etc). I get what you're saying, I do. Its not healthy for any company to be percieved as a an arrogant tosser but I hardly think Reggie and Peter Moore did a great job of seeming down to earth and certainly neither are strangers to arrogance.

Then again, luckily, these clowns (and crazy Ken in his prime) at these companies aren't representative of the entire company most of the time.

Malstrom should be happy, Sony and MS ripping off Nintendo are for his theories almost necessary steps towards Nintendo's world domination.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Darc Requiem said:
@Mummelmann

I think you missed my point. It's not that they copy their competitors, that is business. Mocking your competitors idea before copying is the problem. That's bad for business. It creates unnecessary negative PR, that reduces your potential consumer base.

The examples I listed from MS and Nintendo were basically the same thing (the online, rumble, HD format etc). I get what you're saying, I do. Its not healthy for any company to be percieved as a an arrogant tosser but I hardly think Reggie and Peter Moore did a great job of seeming down to earth and certainly neither are strangers to arrogance.

Then again, luckily, these clowns (and crazy Ken in his prime) at these companies aren't representative of the entire company most of the time.

agreed.

Carl2291 said:
mysticwolf said:

That is the answer to the question of the title of this thread

So. Let me get this right. Some Nintendo fans are angry because...

Sony's remote is black, while the Wii's is white.

Sony's has a wireless sub-controller, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's has a big coloured ball on the end, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's uses a camera to work, the Wii's doesn't.

Sony's is more accurate than the Wii's.

Sony's cannot be tilted to be used like a traditional controller, the Wii's can.

OT:
I think it's more to do with the more hardcore Wii fanbase being worried of 3rd parties reaction to it. If it sells well enough, we could see 3rd parties show even less attention to the Wii. ESPECIALLY if Natal takes off too. I predict lots of butthurt talk after E3, if Natal is looking good...

1. My Wiimote is black.

2. The Wiimote uses an IR camera to work.

3. The Wiimote is more accurate in some instances, the same in others and less in other instances.

In other words:

Sony has gone back upon heaps of things this generation.

1. Backwards compatibility is a core feature of the Playstation experience.

2. OtherOS is important to bla bla bla.

3. They were probably the biggest individual detracters of the Wii when comparing individual corporations or institutions. So to then come along and appear to be copying the Wii makes it very difficult to take anything they say seriously and it also makes them first rate hypocrites.

Tease.

*Slap* @ some of y'all. Just go play games already.

what got me angry is how the said wii & wiimote were gimmic
and then they release them and said they're better

probably because playstation move is what the Wii should have been right off the bat( the move and natal are going to sell if there is no problem with the hardware but they are not going to dethrone the Wii unless sony and microsoft pump a ridiculous amount of money into advertising the product and that it is better than the Wii)