By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

mysticwolf said:

That is the answer to the question of the title of this thread

Sony wins they have a better hand model.

Around the Network

ninty fans AND Sony fans are mostly mad about the hypicrosy of it all. I luv the PS brand but they have done and said a bunch of stupid crap this gen. on the other hand I think some Ninty fans will be intimidated??? if the Move is more accurate than Wiimote. lets call a spade a spade the wiimote is not accurate, its not even close to 1:1. I dont understand how some fans can praise those controls, especially in FPSs where quick movement and accuracy is important, yes there is motion+ but how much games support that??? how much games support it that are not tech demos or shovelware???? if Move is accurate out the gate then Sony will get my 100 bucks

TX109 said:
Smidlee said:
TX109 said:
sony talked shit about nintendo's "gimmicky" motion controls for almost 3 years
suddenly motion controlls are the future?

that is hypocrisy and that is slightly annoying

about all this talk of cartriges and CDs, correct me if im wrong, but i dont recall nintnedo calling CDs a "gimmick" and a "fad".

Of course N didn't call CD a fad or gimmick since CD were out  and a success before Playstation.

so why then is it being brought up in a thread that has turned into a discussion about hypocrisy?

Someone changing their mind or plan does not mean hypocrisy. If someone says they believe black horses wins more races and continues to lose money on betting on black horses then finally after losing millions decides to bet on a white horse they are not hypocrites.

Threatened? I don't see any other reason for them to say that, I don't think it should matter to them but to the ones that it does matter I think they are worried about what could happen. anythings possible at this point, the Move may serve as a threat to Nintendo's Game library because Third Party studios may leave Nintendo for Sony's Move, who knows, only time will tell.

Nizut76 said:
mysticwolf said:

That is the answer to the question of the title of this thread

Sony wins they have a better hand model.

IDK, they are both pasty white people... but the Move looks like a Dildo so I think they win.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
TX109 said:
Smidlee said:
TX109 said:

about all this talk of cartriges and CDs, correct me if im wrong, but i dont recall nintnedo calling CDs a "gimmick" and a "fad".

Of course N didn't call CD a fad or gimmick since CD were out  and a success before Playstation.

so why then is it being brought up in a thread that has turned into a discussion about hypocrisy?

Someone changing their mind or plan does not mean hypocrisy. If someone says they believe black horses wins more races and continues to lose money on betting on black horses then finally after losing millions decides to bet on a white horse they are not hypocrites.

That would be right had Sony not done this

Before move: Wii is a gimmick and a fad and we will never put it on the brand of the playstation
Here's a quote

After move: Motion controls are the future

That's what they did. Had they said nouthing and just made it a change in plans that you got a point. But alas they didn't
Too bad

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

i think motion control it's just gimmick not matter what company does it,
sony it's doing it for a quick cash in, considering so easy it was for ea and ubisoft just dance to cash in it.
how much money shovelware made to third party.

while they get doing games god of war 3, uncharted 2, gran turismo 5 that cost billions and are AAA quality i don't care.

but when in a years the only great games it's mario/zelda/metroid and that year nintendo biggest title was wii sport resorts 2 and 2d mario, as a gamer u start to get bored.

They just said what they believe. You don't really think Sony lost billions on purpose do you?

Smidlee said:
TX109 said:
Smidlee said:
TX109 said:

no they are not, but this is assuming that this "someone" didn't go around and talk shit about the white horse for 3 years. if he did, then yes. he is indeed a hypocrite.

Sony AND (many of) the fans spent 3 years calling the wii a "gimmick" and a "fad" and that it "wouldn't last". obviously it was a success.  for sony and (many of) it's fans to now be calling motion controls the future after mocking it for years is hypocrisy, plain and simple.

Smidlee said:

I still think  motion control is still a gimmick.This is not to say gimmicks can't sell as sometimes they do but as some have pointed out, most of the Big N titles  make little use of motion control.
The best part for me about Sony Move vs Wii-mote would be it could be a very useful mouse substitute; one that could be used on the couch. So far I haven't seen any example that Move will be used this way. It also seems like another gimmick. I've already played as much Wii Sport as I can stand so I don't care for a Move/Natal version.

It's funny you say this, because Nintendo has deep rooted history in being called a kiddy/toy company. It's funny but its competitor Sega was never called that and when Sony joined the gaming industry it removed all doubt that videogames aren't toys. I believe the same will be true for the gimmick theory. Sony takes concepts Nintendo creates and ups the capabilities with tech they've already made to attract a more intermediate to hardcore crowd. This is how its always been. Nintendo has the casuals hooked this gen though. It wont work for Sony with the Move. Theres just too many buttons on that thing and the price of buying it as opposed to the Wii just wont work.