By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

how did i get into this? im going to find another thread thats less hostal. my peace of mind has been compromised.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
theRepublic said:
oniyide said:
@theRepublic I just find it strange that all of a sudden there is whispers of this new controller. I could be wrong, but its just too convient. I dissapointed cause this shows IMO that they could have done this all along, it took another company to finally take this motion thing more serious, function wise.

There were rumors of that all-in-one Wii controller in 2008.

But Nintendo kept on charging an extra for WM+ functions until a competing controller with them built-in came close to release.

They bundle M+ with Wiimotes and most M+ games now for just $10 more.  I'm sure if this all-in-one Wiimote hits market, it'll be the same premium price as the current Wiimote/M+ bundle ($49.99).   Which is also probably what the Movemote will retail for.

True, but they are doing it now. As I wrote in another thread, they overcharged as much as possible, wherever possible and as long as possible for it, for example here in Italy the bundle Wii+WS+WSR+WM+ got the official drop under 200€ just a few days ago, before it was sold for not less than 225€, and the black bundle stayed at 249€ for a long time before getting the first unofficial discounts by big retailers.

Your point?  This sounds like business to me.

That it looks like a counter-move to Move (sorry for the awful pun ).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
jarrod said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
theRepublic said:
oniyide said:
@theRepublic I just find it strange that all of a sudden there is whispers of this new controller. I could be wrong, but its just too convient. I dissapointed cause this shows IMO that they could have done this all along, it took another company to finally take this motion thing more serious, function wise.

There were rumors of that all-in-one Wii controller in 2008.

But Nintendo kept on charging an extra for WM+ functions until a competing controller with them built-in came close to release.

They bundle M+ with Wiimotes and most M+ games now for just $10 more.  I'm sure if this all-in-one Wiimote hits market, it'll be the same premium price as the current Wiimote/M+ bundle ($49.99).   Which is also probably what the Movemote will retail for.

True, but they are doing it now. As I wrote in another thread, they overcharged as much as possible, wherever possible and as long as possible for it, 

No, they've been packing it in with games (for a $10 premium) since launch.  They've been packing it in with wiimotes (again for a $10 premium) since last November.  Now they're packing it in with the console for free.

Nintendo really hasn't been bad with M+ pricing and bundling, probably because they want to push adoption as much as possible.

I was referring to the first bundles that started appearing, or the price of which dropped very recently in some countries, with WM+ included and, finally this likely inclusion in future WiiMotes. Before the cut finally officially announced for the console with WM+ bundle, the last price officially announced by Nintendo was the price cut for Wii last Autumn, but WiiMote and WM+ last list prices were announced so far in the past that it was now quite difficult to identify a precise overprice for bundled WM+. Now new official prices are getting announced by Nintendo, it's quite a clearer step, and totally ascribable to Nintendo, not to single retailers initiatives. Subtleties, but there are people that think that Nintendo is some godly exception and never reacts but always acts first and with regal detachment, truth is that this gen Nintendo could and still can do this way more times than its competitors, but this doesn't mean that it always can do so. Officially cutting and then including WM+ right now means that this is one of the cases when Ninty has a reaction, early and prompt, without any doubt, to competitors' moves.

And finally a dig to malstromites: has the current incumbent become Nintendo now, maybe? 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@rolstoppable never said that SONY 1st person titles can keep it afloat, no one but Nintendo's titles can do that, as shown by Wii game sales, so I dont know where I said otherwise in my post, but im not disputing any of your points except if anyting sells more than 1 mil. its nothing to sneeze at, thats platinum status. U seem bitter by what happen last gen, if you are just let it go.

@alby da wolf u keep taking the words out my mouth

RolStoppable said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
RolStoppable said:

You keep missing the point. The question is can Sony's first party alone keep a platform going. Obviously that's not the case when you look at how much their games sell. One million or two or three just aren't enough to argue that Sony's first party is capable of carrying an entire platform on its own. Hence why it makes sense to say that Move needs good third party support as well in order to succeed. There's only one big Sony franchise and that's Gran Turismo.

As for fighting games: even if a scenario is unlikely to happen (like both Sony & Microsoft leaving the console business), you can still work with probabilities to imagine what the most likely outcome is going to be. I think my argument has been pretty solid and all you have done is trying to deflect the point in order to not have to say that you were wrong.

well how did sony win last gen? there IP'S sold around the same amount this gen as they did last gen. and don't say anything about GTA cause it was multiplatfom last gen to.

Sega destroyed itself and the PS2 had an 18 month headstart over the other two competitors. With an installed base of about 20m before the Gamecube and Xbox even launched, Sony had already locked major third party support for the entire generation. What also hurt Nintendo and Microsoft a lot was that their consoles didn't really differentiate themselves from the PS2, so the consumers had to choose between three very similar systems. Unsurprisingly they picked the one which had by far the most games. With such enormous advantages Sony's first party didn't even play a role aside from Gran Turismo.

GTA was the most important franchise last generation, so I have to say something about it. While it's true that all three games were also released on the Xbox, they never had a simultaneous launch with the PS2 versions. For at the very least six months, all GTA games were timed exclusive to the PS2.

no argument there, but i'll just have to dissagree with (One million or two or three just aren't enough to argue that Sony's first party is capable of carrying an entire platform on its own.) cause those games you are referring to are the sole reason in own a PS3. evan as a nintendo fan. well you your self know why i on a wii! you may not want to hear the variety argument but it's legit.

i come to sony for everything, and nintendo for what i know will be great. but i do get what your saying. i just dissagree.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
@rolstoppable never said that SONY 1st person titles can keep it afloat, no one but Nintendo's titles can do that, as shown by Wii game sales, so I dont know where I said otherwise in my post, but im not disputing any of your points except if anyting sells more than 1 mil. its nothing to sneeze at, thats platinum status. U seem bitter by what happen last gen, if you are just let it go.

@alby da wolf u keep taking the words out my mouth

The key IMVHO is that it's not wise to be dogmatic about anything, the fact that this gen Nintendo thinks very often forward gave it the victory, but it doesn't mean that it has never to react instead. Move's possibly limited success or failure can't be assumed for sure, fact is that Move's 1:1 tracking directly attacks the WiiMote if it doesn't include it as standard equipment, so Nintendo, to play safe, has to react to the possible worst case for it and best case for Sony. Sony not being anymore clumsy, but instead quite witty and aggressive in advertising it, obviously contributed at least a little bit to Nintendo judging a reaction necessary.

@rolstoppable im not bitter about nothing, none of these corps. are putting food in my mouth so it dont really matter to me. Your the biased one, im far from that. Sony and MS are around for a reason, millions of people like their products so they keep making them. as for lifetime sales, the gen aint over. I havent seen Uncharted 2 move from the top 50 since it came out. thats pretty damn good for a system with the lowest attach rate.

@alby da wolf these guys just cant grasp that concept. its simple buisness tactics and being a fanboy is so middle school. Im going to buy a console that I perceive to have the best games it was PS3 for me with the WII as a nice supplement and PC will just get me the 360 games. that doesnt mean I love those companies

Motion plus will probably have outsold the PS3 by the time Move releases (if it hasn't already) so I don't think Nintendo are worried. Besides, Sony needs to focus on their balance board and vitality sensor if they want to win this gen.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

@rolstoppable oh yeah im biased, thats why ive own every console this gen (except 360)