By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are some Nintendo fans angry with Move?

Nintendo has to be a little intimidated, why else would they make a new controller???

Around the Network

prob because they wont be able to boast about how the wii has such an amazing controler...cos...well sony got a better one :P

I think another thing that bothers some Nintendo fans, or me at least, is how easy Sony and Microsoft think the casual market is to please. People always rip on Wii Sports (Resort)and Wii Fit but those games are actually highly polished. Nintendo isn't just shoveling out these games from their B-teams. Motion controls are still being figured out and Sony & MS might just learn that the hard way.

In the end none of these control schemes will get it right and they'll all have their own little quirks. However I feel that only Nintendo is really going to be successful with motion this gen simply because they fully embrace it. Motion control is part of Nintendo's identity now, and currently Sony and Microsoft look like they just want to reach into the cookie jar too.

xeroxm3 said:
I think another thing that bothers some Nintendo fans, or me at least, is how easy Sony and Microsoft think the casual market is to please. People always rip on Wii Sports (Resort)and Wii Fit but those games are actually highly polished. Nintendo isn't just shoveling out these games from their B-teams. Motion controls are still being figured out and Sony & MS might just learn that the hard way.

In the end none of these control schemes will get it right and they'll all have their own little quirks. However I feel that only Nintendo is really going to be successful with motion this gen simply because they fully embrace it. Motion control is part of Nintendo's identity now, and currently Sony and Microsoft look like they just want to reach into the cookie jar too.

Exactly. Is the same "casuals=retarded" mentality they had (along game journalists and analyst) and the way they made the controllers just show that they don't get it yet. They just say "look! is like wii sports but edgier and in HD!!!!".

Truth is that the "casuals" are not easy to fool and actually are very difficult to attract and tend to be more selective with the kind of gams thety spent their money on it. Sony and MS doesn't know that or they just don't care.

oniyide said:
Nintendo has to be a little intimidated, why else would they make a new controller???

What new controller?  They announced the Wii Motion+ a year before Sony announced the Move, and they announced the Vitality Sensor an hour before Sony announced the Move.  Motion+ has been available for 11 months.  And after Nintendo announced the Vitality Sensor, Sony actually patented a biorhythm-measuring attachment for the Move.

Around the Network

Some? LOL! you have no idea....

OT: they are mad because PSmove has those sexy colored glowing spears unlike their waggle mote!!!!=)

Anyway, only gastro-enterology emergengy wards rectal foreign bodies extraction statistics will tell us for sure which will be the most successful controller. But I suspect that even the winner will still be pwned and humiliated by cucumbers.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

RolStoppable said:
Porcupine_I said:
RolStoppable said:

I stayed out of Move threads since quite some time now, precisely because I know that it's just going to be same thing all over again. Some people choose what they want to believe even if the evidence presented to them goes against this belief, like Sony's very own statements.

You were asking the question what would Nintendo fans make stop posting in every Move thread and I gave you an answer why Move even became such a bid deal despite a clear lack of interest for the Move's games from pretty much all sides. The main problem was and is not Sony making a product with games that look a lot like the Wii, it's the double standards that are thrown around by some Sony fans. On one hand they argue that Move is not a copy only to then go into a Natal thread and call it a copy of Sony's Eyetoy. Or how motion controls are good to have now, but previously weren't.

This problem isn't going to go anytime soon, if ever. It can be ignored, but that doesn't mean it will go away. And for that reason most Move threads are bound to degenerate into a "copy or not a copy" debate. Although that's only going to be a real problem for those people who actually want to discuss the Move's games which, judging by amount of posts of the official thread, aren't that many.

You say "some people choose what they want to believe", and right after that you state that there is "a clear lack of interest for the Move's games" which i find interesting, as someone else might choose to believe that "it is useless to discuss games or controllers that aren't released yet" or maybe "the threads are relatively short because some people know they would get banned for derailing them"

So many things to choose from.

But i agree with you, the problem won't go away anytime soon.

Your last sentence is interesting too though, because the way you worded it i could choose to believe that you are blaming the Nintendo fans to be the "problem" of the people who want to discuss the Move's games. Or what else could you mean?

Threads about upcoming PS3 games (big ones or ones that are expected to be big) usually have not much that trouble to reach a good amount of posts within a couple of weeks because Sony fans love the hype more than any other group on this forum. Move isn't just a new peripheral with one game, there have already been about a dozen of games shown off, so there should be plenty of material to discuss. I drew my conclusion that there isn't much interest in Move's games from the two aforementioned points.

In my very first response to you I said that the problem is twosided. It's Sony fans vehemently denying that Move is a copy or Nintendo fans trying to rub it in. The argument isn't always initiated by the same side, so both groups are to blame.

sorry for the late answer, i have been away.

but i believe the argument has reached the stage of repeating itself anyway.

in the end you said it right, it's all about what we choose to believe.

but at least you made a strong point for the sony fans by stating they are not as excited about motion controls as some nintendo fans claim them to be, by calling them hypocrites now that the move was announced! but in reality it seems the majority really didn't want any Motion controls after all.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I honestly don't think Sony an Microsoft expect their motion controllers to be very successful this gen they must know they are entering this market too late. I think they are just getting the products out there for next gen so people will know when the new gen starts everyone will have motion controls. I also believe Microsoft will eventually come up with a controller to use with natal as I believe most games need buttons.

axumblade said:
dtewi said:
Because it t3h copies Ninty.

OT:

Seriously, Sony is being the biggest hypocrite in the entire world and hypocrisy is pretty much one of the most annoying things ever.

They're a business. They talk big about themselves because they are a BUSINESS trying to convince the consumer they are worth their time. They take ideas and put their own spin on them because they have seen those ideas have been successful and hope they can make money off of it because...THEY'RE A BUSINESS.

I'm sorry but its really stupid to act like hypocrisy is the ultimate sin in the business world because almost every business that's successful has had to make adjustments to themselves that do not follow the companies original intentions. It's called adapting. Generally businesses that aren't willing to adapt their structure tend to die off relatively fast. If that weren't the case, we'd still be playing Nintendo console games on cartridges.

Good to know someone else understands that the world is bigger than just Sony doing what Nintendo did. EVERY company that has competitors in the same field will "copy" their ideas or products while the whole time touting themselves as the better choice for consumers becasue like you said they are a BUSINESS and every business wants one thing, Our Money.