By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - You Need To Buy Alan Wake!

Berstuck said:
selnor said:
Great to hear it's awesome.

Metro 2033, was a fantastic game. In fact it had more atmosphere than any Valve game EVER. It had perfect feeling with great animation and awesome story. They compalin about some linear gameplay and shooting mechanics. There is nothing wrong with some linear parts to games. ( Damn reviews complain about to many open world games ). And Fallout 3's shooting mechanics were far worse than Metro's. If Metro was just a FPS then I would understand complaints against the shooting mechanic. But it's very very clearly more than just a shooter.

It would seem people in review postions are completely off the ball.

So much so, I think Metro 2033 is better than both Gears of War games.

Whats the point?

Well Alan Wake has gotten more than 35 perfect scores across the web. But some big name review sites, deteriate the review score for the game. Complaining about things that are exactly the same as games like SH 1 or 2. Resi 1 or 2. Or any other linear non variety gameplay horror game. But because it obviously has more atmosphere than any other game, and is exclsuiev they have to try and keep both fanboys happy.

Grow up reviewers. Metro deserved more praise than Gears for it's execution. I every single normal gamer that Ive heard from who played Alan Wake so far has said it's better than any horror/Phsycological game. Personally I havent played it yet.

But Edge and other reviewers need to shut their god damn superiority thing up.

Rant over.
I'd agree Metro 2033 has probably been my favourite game so far this year but its not had the support it deserves.

Is there a demo for it?

To the OP: Nirvana, I'm broke right now so I can't buy it.  But if you feel I really need it, you can alwys gift it to me. 

Around the Network

Does Barry survive?

I LOVE ICELAND!

I'm already getting AW but thanks for the mini review. It sounds like AW is everything I wanted it to be.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

So I have this game pre-ordered, and I will be purchasing it day one. The game did leak about a week ago and I had to dl it (so no need to complain about me pirating it since I'm going to purchase it,lol).

The story in Alan Wake is absolutely amazing, I mean I'm 6 Chapters into and it's really hard to put this game down. I don't want to give to much detail as to spoil it for anyone, but it's probably one of the most intriguing games I've played in a while. The whole atmosphere and story of the game truly draws you in.

The graphics are almost on par with the likes of Uncharted 2 but fall short alittle bit, but the environments in the game, well some of them are absolutely breath taking. The world is also fairly open so it does give you some room to explore, and one particular character "Barry" will have you laughing for a good part of the game .

Honestly anyone who owns a 360 should really pick this game up becasue it would be a shame to see it not sell well. 

Because of that sentence, you have my attention. And don't worry, I will be buying it, just in a while, good to see you are enjoying it and I look forward to playing it, but not as much as RDR

nathantay said:

I'm already getting AW but thanks for the mini review. It sounds like AW is everything I wanted it to be.

Yah I purposely didnt go into any detail because I didnt want to give anything away, but thanks, and it actually is better than I thought it would be.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
Berstuck said:
selnor said:
Great to hear it's awesome.

Metro 2033, was a fantastic game. In fact it had more atmosphere than any Valve game EVER. It had perfect feeling with great animation and awesome story. They compalin about some linear gameplay and shooting mechanics. There is nothing wrong with some linear parts to games. ( Damn reviews complain about to many open world games ). And Fallout 3's shooting mechanics were far worse than Metro's. If Metro was just a FPS then I would understand complaints against the shooting mechanic. But it's very very clearly more than just a shooter.

It would seem people in review postions are completely off the ball.

So much so, I think Metro 2033 is better than both Gears of War games.

Whats the point?

Well Alan Wake has gotten more than 35 perfect scores across the web. But some big name review sites, deteriate the review score for the game. Complaining about things that are exactly the same as games like SH 1 or 2. Resi 1 or 2. Or any other linear non variety gameplay horror game. But because it obviously has more atmosphere than any other game, and is exclsuiev they have to try and keep both fanboys happy.

Grow up reviewers. Metro deserved more praise than Gears for it's execution. I every single normal gamer that Ive heard from who played Alan Wake so far has said it's better than any horror/Phsycological game. Personally I havent played it yet.

But Edge and other reviewers need to shut their god damn superiority thing up.

Rant over.
I'd agree Metro 2033 has probably been my favourite game so far this year but its not had the support it deserves.

Is there a demo for it?

To the OP: Nirvana, I'm broke right now so I can't buy it.  But if you feel I really need it, you can alwys gift it to me. 

No there's no demo for it but i think a demo would definatley boost its sales.

rakugakist said:
Even if you are buying it, I still don't agree with your piracy.

This.  Piracy is stealing.  Justify it all you want.  It's wrong and almost always a net drain on the developers we rely on to deliver us the games we crave and enjoy.  

If you're too cheap or can't afford to buy it, then borrow it, rent it, wait until the price drops or get a better/first/second job.  I'd like a new and bigger and more comfy bed, but I can't afford it.  But I'm not going to go steal one.

And yes, perhaps THIS game you're going to buy (maybe) but how many other games have you stolen?  If you want the media, be it movie/game/music, then pay for it.  

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:
rakugakist said:

This.  Piracy is stealing.  Justify it all you want.  It's wrong and almost always a net drain on the developers we rely on to deliver us the games we crave and enjoy.  

If you're too cheap or can't afford to buy it, then borrow it, rent it, wait until the price drops or get a better/first/second job.  I'd like a new and bigger and more comfy bed, but I can't afford it.  But I'm not going to go steal one.

And yes, perhaps THIS game you're going to buy (maybe) but how many other games have you stolen?  If you want the media, be it movie/game/music, then pay for it.  

How is it stealing if he's going to buy the game? Personally i think it's justified to download the game so you see if you want to buy it. Nothing wrong with that, the developers still get their money.

What if I don't want to?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Phasma said:
fastyxx said:
rakugakist said:

How is it stealing if he's going to buy the game? Personally i think it's justified to download the game so you see if you want to buy it. Nothing wrong with that, the developers still get their money.

Did you even read what you wrote?

1. You download the game
  2. Tell yourself you don't like
  3. Don't buy the game
  4. Developers get money how?