By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - You Need To Buy Alan Wake!

fastyxx said:
rakugakist said:
Even if you are buying it, I still don't agree with your piracy.

This.  Piracy is stealing.  Justify it all you want.  It's wrong and almost always a net drain on the developers we rely on to deliver us the games we crave and enjoy.  

If you're too cheap or can't afford to buy it, then borrow it, rent it, wait until the price drops or get a better/first/second job.  I'd like a new and bigger and more comfy bed, but I can't afford it.  But I'm not going to go steal one.

And yes, perhaps THIS game you're going to buy (maybe) but how many other games have you stolen?  If you want the media, be it movie/game/music, then pay for it.  

I dont justify it. I'll be fully honest, I do pirate quite a few games, as well as music and movies (which at least you werent hypocritcal due to the fact you condemned them all).

Borrowing a game is almost the same as pirating it so I dont know why you would state that. Also it's not stealing,in my country (Canada) it is legal to download pretty much any form of media. Also making a reference to being cheap or cant afford it, getting a better job? Unnecessary. If it wasnt for piracy I woud have never bought a 360 to begin with as I wasnt originally an MS fan (Heavily preffered The Big N & Sony). I eventually have bought a fair amount of games, 4 controllers, live membership, hd dvd add-on,ect. So piracy isnt necessary a bad thing considering MS would have not gotten the few grand they did out of me, if again, it wasnt for the ability to mod the 360.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

Well Alan Wake has gotten more than 35 perfect scores across the web. But some big name review sites, deteriate the review score for the game. Complaining about things that are exactly the same as games like SH 1 or 2. Resi 1 or 2. Or any other linear non variety gameplay horror game. But because it obviously has more atmosphere than any other game, and is exclsuiev they have to try and keep both fanboys happy.

The problem with that is, according to the reviewers, WAKE is JUST doing things that have been done already. They consider it's formula "tired" and that is why lots of the reviews have graded it the way that they have.

OT: No need to tell me. It's been on my radar since early-mid 2005. :P

The same could be said about KZ2, hell before KZ2 came out, it had people saying "It doesnt do anything new" but it recieved high scores regardless.

My moto is Rate the game not innovation.

I cant decide between this and RDR.

il be getting AW soon i think it looks a very good game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

CGI-Quality said:
Garnett said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

Well Alan Wake has gotten more than 35 perfect scores across the web. But some big name review sites, deteriate the review score for the game. Complaining about things that are exactly the same as games like SH 1 or 2. Resi 1 or 2. Or any other linear non variety gameplay horror game. But because it obviously has more atmosphere than any other game, and is exclsuiev they have to try and keep both fanboys happy.

The problem with that is, according to the reviewers, WAKE is JUST doing things that have been done already. They consider it's formula "tired" and that is why lots of the reviews have graded it the way that they have.

The same could be said about KZ2, hell before KZ2 came out, it had people saying "It doesnt do anything new" but it recieved high scores regardless.

The same could be said of many games, which is irrelevant. We have no control over a reviewer's opinions though.

Yeah i know, but the reviewers are wrong for that.

No. I really don't.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

Reviews are all bullshit ,whether you like it or not CGI!

@OP is that a picture of you on your avatar? you look exactly like someone i know.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

CGI-Quality said:
Garnett said:
CGI-Quality said:
Garnett said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

The same could be said of many games, which is irrelevant. We have no control over a reviewer's opinions though.

Yeah i know, but the reviewers are wrong for that.

I wouldn't say that they're "wrong" per se, because it is just their view. Some reviewers are giving it 5/5, 10/10s and so on. In other words, opinions will differ (the case with any title).

Well reviews are just opinions,  but its just stupid IMO for someone to complain about a feature that has been done before.

Not every game has to be innovative to be good.

Severance said:

@OP is that a picture of you on your avatar? you look exactly like someone i know.

Yah it's me, though the sepia colour makes me look different than I actually do,lol

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Fine, don't then. RDR does look like fun. AW looks good and is really spooky from what I'm reading and FS should be the best PoP since Sands so Red Dead will just have to wait. A semi-sandbox western TPS from Rockstar sounds about right though. Hell of a month.

CGI-Quality said:
Severance said:

Whether you or I like a review or not, or whether they're "bullshit" or not, is not only opinionated, but irrelevant. You can't control any review, so why bitch about it? You may not agree with the review's content, but if the reviewer felt the way that they did, and spent a respectable amount of time actually playing the game in question, I see no reason to complain.

Just because we may not like/agree/feel good about a review doesn't mean the review is wrong or "bullshit", unless the review contains a blatant lie or two (in which case such reviews should be ignored to begin with).

if you play a game as a reviewer, you will probably end up with lots of negatives, if you are playing a game as a gamer, you will probably have more fun and score it higher, so this reviewer dude review a game and its his job to do so, do you think his experience will be the same as someone who want to play to have fun? no.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.