By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others UP!! (01st May 2010)

makingmusic476 said:
Tailgunner said:
I don't usually look at the Others numbers. Is it unusual for PS3 to have a better tie ratio than Wii and 360?

That's the LTD attach rate.  PS3 has had the lead in attach rate in Others since the week ending November 1, 2008.

It's somewhat susprising compared to the 360, considering the install base for the two in Others is near identical while the 360 has been out for 1.5 years longer.

It isn't suprising.

In Poland altrough noone wants to confirm it openly PS3 versions of a games sell 2-3 times more copies than X360 despite having similar userbases.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Tailgunner said:
I don't usually look at the Others numbers. Is it unusual for PS3 to have a better tie ratio than Wii and 360?

That's the LTD attach rate.  PS3 has had the lead in attach rate in Others since the week ending November 1, 2008.

It's somewhat susprising compared to the 360, considering the install base for the two in Others is near identical while the 360 has been out for 1.5 years longer.

I'd attribute a large part of the blame to piracy.

Spedfrom said:
makingmusic476 said:

Well, let's not forget the fact that there are some early 360 games (not to mention DS and PSP) that have incomplete sales data, especially in the Others regions. Not to say that the PS3's tie ratio isn't impressive, but just that there's a lot of data that continues to be updated in the Others.

@hallowedbeeddie

I like the numbers!

Smeags said:
Spedfrom said:
makingmusic476 said:

Well, let's not forget the fact that there are some early 360 games (not to mention DS and PSP) that have incomplete sales data, especially in the Others regions. Not to say that the PS3's tie ratio isn't impressive, but just that there's a lot of data that continues to be updated in the Others.

@hallowedbeeddie

I like the numbers!

That's true for the PS3 as well though, including newer games like Buzz Quiz World, Singstar 2, Hot Shots Golf 5 and RockBand 1 and 2, and a lot of older games are imcomplete, i.e. missing or have oudated data. It's true for all consoles and handhelds. Just something I noticed, I'm sure ioi is working his hardest to bring us the data, off the top of my head we got Oblivion Others data for PS3 and 360 up to date, GoW2 for PS2 and Ratchet for PSP. So in due time we'll get more, I'm sure.

ElGranCabeza said:

That's true for the PS3 as well though, including newer games like Buzz Quiz World, Singstar 2, Hot Shots Golf 5 and RockBand 1 and 2, and a lot of older games are imcomplete, i.e. missing or have oudated data. It's true for all consoles and handhelds. Just something I noticed, I'm sure ioi is working his hardest to bring us the data, off the top of my head we got Oblivion Others data for PS3 and 360 up to date, GoW2 for PS2 and Ratchet for PSP. So in due time we'll get more, I'm sure.

Indood. Still waiting for Sonic Rush Adventure to be updated in others, because we all know that it's over a million with Others data.

Go Sonic go!

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
The biggest thing I saw this week was the difference between the 2 MW2 skus, they're usually pretty close to each other, don't know why the big difference this week.

According to Chart-Track There was a price promotion for the Xbox version last week in UK.

here in spain the gap between PS3 and 360 in software is big. 5 times bigger usually, I think

Metallicube said:
Never thought I'd see the day where PS3 would sell the most software, even if just for a week.. Hell has officially frozen over. This is such an odd generation in that nothing seems consistent, and everything keeps shifting around. The only constant seems to be the Wii selling the most hardware, but even that has been challenged on a few occasions..

MH3 held up much better than I anticipated. I think it can really end up doing 1 million sales combined in the West. Just shows that a good 3rd party Wii game CAN sell strongly if enough care and effort is put into it. Other than that game and the usual big 4 or 5 games, not much Wii love in Others.. Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and Other M should change that somewhat.

You are talking as if this is something that never happened before |:

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Metallicube said:
Never thought I'd see the day where PS3 would sell the most software, even if just for a week.. Hell has officially frozen over. This is such an odd generation in that nothing seems consistent, and everything keeps shifting around. The only constant seems to be the Wii selling the most hardware, but even that has been challenged on a few occasions..

MH3 held up much better than I anticipated. I think it can really end up doing 1 million sales combined in the West. Just shows that a good 3rd party Wii game CAN sell strongly if enough care and effort is put into it. Other than that game and the usual big 4 or 5 games, not much Wii love in Others.. Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and Other M should change that somewhat.

Two new releases wich sold well for PS3, nothing new but MH3 for Wii...I don't understand how this is difficult to believe...For me it was way more difficult to believe in CoD6 first week, that was umbelievable! It outsold Wii's WW software just in one region!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

wow ps3 doing great.