By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Reach Beta is Fail

I honestly thought this thread was gonna be about the server issues. The game itself is a blast.

I'm just happy to have a new Halo game. Some people say the series is being milked, but I can't get enough.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
homicidaIpanda said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Are you kidding? The skill gap in this game is absolutely huge. The skill it takes to shoot well is ridiculous not to mention so many small nuances that add depth to the game. Every single loadout is balanced and a smart player can easily take advantage of a loadouts weaknesses.

I've been playing Halo since Halo:CE in xbc, have gone to MLG tournies, won countless local tournaments and played with some of the best Halo players alive. Are you seriously telling me that you think this game takes no skill because I can promise you that you could pick whatever loadout you want, I will kill you 90 percent of the time if not more.

The skill gap in this game is so high I played with 3 friends last night and we did not lose a single game. All I'm seeing is someone who can't adapt to new mechanics and is whining because he keeps losing.

No I am not kidding you, lol 

It takes skill to shoot on a game that uses auto aim...I thinks its like any other console shooter. (most game you start off with a spray and pray gun)

So many small nuances in the game...like invisible guys camping and sprint plus sword...lol i could go on...

Every single load out is balanced...why are we in beta...read line above. Name me a weakness pls...lol other than stalker cant have jetpack etc

Your all second paragraph basically say Halo reach skill is equilant to H2 and H3 which you are wrong. Local tourments dont count playing agiast your friends on splitscreen.

"The skill gap on this game is so high"...LOL Adapt to the new mechnacis? I bought a halo game to play friggin halo, its people like you that buy every game thats hyped up. This game is slowed down and is mw2 without killstreaks. Its seem that once the game has a name to it, it can realease garbage to its fanbase and they eat it up like candy. Well I am not buying into this one

You do realize you spawn with a pistol in every gametype, a gun that takes more skill to use than any gun in Halo 3 so there goes your spray and pray argument.

I would imagine the loadout weaknesses would be apparent to any intelligent person but if not here you go

Jetpack- you can get height but you will get picked off quickly by any good player as you can't avoid any bullets                                                     Armor Lock- Unable to move, any decent player can time grenades to take out someone using armor lock                                                               Camo- You jam every single players radar in a 50ft radius practically broadcasting that there's an invisible player in the area, you become more visible the more you move and you can't hear anything in cloak mode.                                                                                                                  Sprint- Can't shoot while you sprint

There's your weaknesses, now any smart person could easily see how to take advantage of those. I've been a part of MLG since before you even knew what a battle rifle was, don't try to tell me you know what skill is.

Your hilarious with your split screen comment too. The local tournies I go to have a higher caliber of players than you could imagine. Within a 20 mile radius of me I have Fatal Matt, Heinz, Vizion and McGavin not to mention countless semi pro players all of which show up to these "local" tournaments with prizes in the thousands.

All I see here is a kid who doesn't understand what skill is, lacks the ability to adapt and is crying to a forum because he sucks at a game. Kudos to Bungie, they made a game that makes kids like you weep, they truly are godly developers.

Everyone I agree the beta is fun but doesnt hold true to the halo formula cause of the armore shit. Also i agree with the elitest the weapon skill

gap is greater, witch is better. This game would be great without the armor stuff its too not halo and really kind of lame.

Cool Kill of the Hill FFA video really showed more skill then any orge 1 or 2 or walshy video ive seen. Damn beta is a day old and hell already is

the mosted skilled halo to date. I know what a battle rifle is and Ive been playing Halo CE since day one bro...but you must be an elitist of

somesort. ( also ive been out of halo 3 for awhile but I dont remember anyone you named) Also I am no kid lol

Jetpack---in team games there is no point in controlling the high ground in previous game

Camo- Armorlock---this I will do together...no more fighting for overshield or active camo anymore....This will be highly abused in games when the whole team goes active camo but offcourse a good player will see you right?

Sprint I have been melled while people sprint and have done the same back.

Also all of these weakness can be avoided you pointed out....a good player will only use jetpack to get to highground..not fly around the map like you assume....the armor shield shit...you say goodplayers will time grenades ...assuming they have any....the player can disenage armor lock when he want to...so he can do it asap or wait to grenade go off. We already went over the marothon commmandeo pro...shit i mean scount bonecrusher/sword...wrong game I keep getting all these skilled games mixed up my bad.

Here is a true skilled game video I wont show you halo2 or 3 montages or mlg film because you already have your heart set on Halo Reach. Imo Counter Strike takes more skill then any other FPS and the montages and games impress me more than any other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugw5L1RGiuE ( i hope they  patch armor powerups and killstreaks to css cause thats where the skills at)

All I'm hearing OP is excuses for why you're not very good at the beta but are used to playing well in the other Halo games. I suggest you read the following site:

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/scrub-gaming-/

You'll not be the only one who is whining iver the changes though, it happened with Gears 2 when I had to listen to people bitch for 6 months that they no longer had a ridiculously over powered shotgun.

homicidaIpanda said:
Snesboy said:

Ya know. I could bitch and bitch about the StarCraft 2 beta like you are bitching about the Halo Reach beta.

Please keep in mind that all you are playing is a beta. It's not the final game.

Another thing, the reason why the game plays slowly is because it is a prequel to Halo. Obviously you never read the books or at least didn't read Fall of Reach. Master Chief doesn't have Mark V armor yet :P

ITs an online beta and Im preety sure the game should be balanced and everyone has Mark V, the game is slow and it has changes. Sc2 is not 100% balanced but the game remians the same. Also i read fall of reach along time ago...nice try, trying to "lore" me in the game...

It's not that you have a problem with the beta, it's that you have a problem with the game itself. The game will play slowly. Why? I don't care. I stopped playing Halo when it stopped being on Xbox 1. If you don't like the way the game plays, speak with your money. Don't buy it when it comes out.

I am not bad at Halo Reach....but not has good has I was in Halo 3 or 2 but its only been a day. I dont like corney armor shit and I am bad at the game...lol

Also gears of war 2 sucked ass compared to the first one lol while I look at scrub gamining you can look at this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_game#Casual_gamer

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
homicidaIpanda said:
Snesboy said:

Ya know. I could bitch and bitch about the StarCraft 2 beta like you are bitching about the Halo Reach beta.

Please keep in mind that all you are playing is a beta. It's not the final game.

Another thing, the reason why the game plays slowly is because it is a prequel to Halo. Obviously you never read the books or at least didn't read Fall of Reach. Master Chief doesn't have Mark V armor yet :P

ITs an online beta and Im preety sure the game should be balanced and everyone has Mark V, the game is slow and it has changes. Sc2 is not 100% balanced but the game remians the same. Also i read fall of reach along time ago...nice try, trying to "lore" me in the game...

It's not that you have a problem with the beta, it's that you have a problem with the game itself. The game will play slowly. Why? I don't care. I stopped playing Halo when it stopped being on Xbox 1. If you don't like the way the game plays, speak with your money. Don't buy it when it comes out.

I will not be buying the game unless there is a specific playist to remove armor shit. Even with that I will prolly get the game used 6months down the road.

I hear sum so called EXSPERT players are scared of the armour ablities?

I ain't got any problems! Still finishing top of the board!

It's a shame ppl moan about change rather than work it into your tactics! The armour ablities Are mixed no one goes for just one super armour!

homicidaIpanda said:

I am not bad at Halo Reach....but not has good has I was in Halo 3 or 2 but its only been a day. I dont like corney armor shit and I am bad at the game...lol

Also gears of war 2 sucked ass compared to the first one lol while I look at scrub gamining you can look at this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_game#Casual_gamer

No thanks you can keep your homepage to yourself

homicidaIpanda said:
played the beta some more...I still cant beileve it has halo in the name...this should have

been bungvision new ip not Halo. Combat is very slow and the default speed is terrrible. This

game will never be has great has H2 or H3 as far and multiplayer are concerned. I understand

why they put reach in the name and not 4 now. Dont want to ruin the "main series". Hopefully

343 industries takes halo back to its roots being a highly competive shooter and skillful

instead of some armor powerup, skillless game,.

slow? judging from videos its runs pretty fast like UT3 style of play

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Guessing no one can just go "Well, that's your opinion, no one really cares." And then walk away from this.

Ah well, continue. Regardless of what he or anyone else says, I'm expecting at least a few million in sales in the first week of release and to see what happens from there.