By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Reach Beta is Fail

well its a beta for this reason , complain to bungie.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Not really sure about all this talk about skill and so on but I know that I had a really good time playing this game even though Im not all that great at it and will be picking this up when it comes out.
The OP did say that this is his opinion and he has every right to it so I dont see the big deal you cant please everyone out there.

Halo is doomed guise

Severance said:
well its a beta for this reason , complain to bungie.

I dont have to complian to bungie go read the forums plenty have player dislike many things in the game.

slowmo said:
homicidaIpanda said:

I am not bad at Halo Reach....but not has good has I was in Halo 3 or 2 but its only been a day. I dont like corney armor shit and I am bad at the game...lol

Also gears of war 2 sucked ass compared to the first one lol while I look at scrub gamining you can look at this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_game#Casual_gamer

No thanks you can keep your homepage to yourself

I am not the one bending over and touching my toes for bungie....the class shit is for casuels. No way in hell was bungie like " i think the pros really want jetpacks and invisble armor lets give them what they want." I think the board meeting went like this "

Bungie guy #1--- well guys alot of games have sprint and class system in there games and they are selling like hotcakes why dont we incorparate that stuff into our game." " why dont we be like everyone else and do that" 

Bungie guy #2---your right that may pull more people into our franchise

Bungie guy # 1-- well we could lose some of our fan base

Bungie guy # 2---dude we sold odst and halowars sold well....lol

Bungie guy # 3-- yeah just do it, we are moving to activison soon so we might as well get used to pumping games out everyear and make our shooter be the same as all the current ones.

Around the Network
homicidaIpanda said:
slowmo said:
homicidaIpanda said:

I am not bad at Halo Reach....but not has good has I was in Halo 3 or 2 but its only been a day. I dont like corney armor shit and I am bad at the game...lol

Also gears of war 2 sucked ass compared to the first one lol while I look at scrub gamining you can look at this

I am not the one bending over and touching my toes for bungie....the class shit is for casuels. No way in hell was bungie like " i think the pros really want jetpacks and invisble armor lets give them what they want." I think the board meeting went like this "

Bungie guy #1--- well guys alot of games have sprint and class system in there games and they are selling like hotcakes why dont we incorparate that stuff into our game." " why dont we be like everyone else and do that" 

Bungie guy # 3-- yeah just do it, we are moving to activison soon so we might as well get used to pumping games out everyear and make our shooter be the same as all the current ones.

You do realize that classes fully supported by cannon right.  I don't play the games but do like the fiction.  Go back and read Fall of Reach and how the different spartans are described.  Sounds a lot like classes to me.

Carl2291 said:
I hated Halo 3, and i love this Beta... So i disagree with you.

The new "Perks" add some more strategy to it depending on what game modes you play. In other words... It's awesome.

i agree with u :D

I understand the whole lore thing...anyways I played my first match of covey slayer and it was awsome..the "perks werent so korney imo" and were reasonable.

homicidaIpanda said:
slowmo said:
homicidaIpanda said:

No you're the guy claiming a beta is fail having not even given it a days worth of play.  Sorry if I'm not gushing with praise for your opinion.  You sound just like every other fan of a series that doesn't want change imo, hence the response I gave intitially.  I insinuated you were a scrub because you're basically acting like one blaming the game and its weapons for the fact you cannot grasp how to play properly.  You can throw around terms like Casual gamer all you like, you're still acting ridiculously and haven't given the game any time at all to sum it up as fail.

I thought it played like Warhawk with Spartans... I kid, I kid!

I personally liked it although I've only played a few matches at a friend's house (not having a 360 myself obviously).

It was still fun but it felt like there was more depth at the same time. I also liked the new engine and the chunkier feel. There were hints of some balance issues, but I haven't played enough to be sure. I figure that achieving final balance is probably one of the goals for the Beta so I'm not worried on that score - yet anyway.

Too early for me to have much more of an opinion than that but my general experience was very positive.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...