By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Reach Beta is Fail

I've been playing it all morning, and the only annoying thing about it so far is how long it takes to get into a game. Apart from that, I think they've done an incredible job with keeping the feel of Halo 3 multiplayer, but adding to it so it doesn't feel recycled. XD I'm even enjoying headhunter more than I thought I would.

Around the Network

Beta is Beta.

But so far, its a pretty damn good beta. I just hate console shooters, but this one isnt half bad.

homicidaIpanda said:
it can be fun at times Ill will admit to that but the whole class thing and competiveness defintly killed it for me. I used to take halo serioulsy and play MLG all the time but now with classes its kills the skill and competiveness IMO. But offcouse there will be people like "oh the classes take so much MORE skill" but really there will always be an inbalance in the game. Somone in the battle will always be at a disadvantage in the game based on the preload he chose but will have advantages in other situations. I believe skilled game everyone is at a flat playing field

There will be no more battling for map control over the active camo or overshield and High ground is out of the question with jetpack...people in this thread that say reach requires more skill is naive. I guess if I want to play a skilled fps Ill have to play H3 or counterstrike.

Come on just tell me your gamertag please.

are you joking? This game is incredible and the takes WAY more skill than any shooter on any console period. Bungie are again redefining what is to make an incredibly balanced and fantastic game. It's massively different than previous Halo games in the best possible way.

@OP: If you played the previous games "competitively", you are used to playing the game a certain way. Now that you have to adapt to a new gameplay style, your old tactics probably don't work. It just sounds like you're bitter that you're not at the top of the heap anymore. I'm guessing you're the problem, not the game.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
homicidaIpanda said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Are you kidding? The skill gap in this game is absolutely huge. The skill it takes to shoot well is ridiculous not to mention so many small nuances that add depth to the game. Every single loadout is balanced and a smart player can easily take advantage of a loadouts weaknesses.

I've been playing Halo since Halo:CE in xbc, have gone to MLG tournies, won countless local tournaments and played with some of the best Halo players alive. Are you seriously telling me that you think this game takes no skill because I can promise you that you could pick whatever loadout you want, I will kill you 90 percent of the time if not more.

The skill gap in this game is so high I played with 3 friends last night and we did not lose a single game. All I'm seeing is someone who can't adapt to new mechanics and is whining because he keeps losing.

No I am not kidding you, lol 

It takes skill to shoot on a game that uses auto aim...I thinks its like any other console shooter. (most game you start off with a spray and pray gun)

So many small nuances in the game...like invisible guys camping and sprint plus sword...lol i could go on...

Every single load out is balanced...why are we in beta...read line above. Name me a weakness pls...lol other than stalker cant have jetpack etc

Your all second paragraph basically say Halo reach skill is equilant to H2 and H3 which you are wrong. Local tourments dont count playing agiast your friends on splitscreen.

"The skill gap on this game is so high"...LOL Adapt to the new mechnacis? I bought a halo game to play friggin halo, its people like you that buy every game thats hyped up. This game is slowed down and is mw2 without killstreaks. Its seem that once the game has a name to it, it can realease garbage to its fanbase and they eat it up like candy. Well I am not buying into this one

You do realize you spawn with a pistol in every gametype, a gun that takes more skill to use than any gun in Halo 3 so there goes your spray and pray argument.

I would imagine the loadout weaknesses would be apparent to any intelligent person but if not here you go

Jetpack- you can get height but you will get picked off quickly by any good player as you can't avoid any bullets                                                     Armor Lock- Unable to move, any decent player can time grenades to take out someone using armor lock                                                               Camo- You jam every single players radar in a 50ft radius practically broadcasting that there's an invisible player in the area, you become more visible the more you move and you can't hear anything in cloak mode.                                                                                                                  Sprint- Can't shoot while you sprint

There's your weaknesses, now any smart person could easily see how to take advantage of those. I've been a part of MLG since before you even knew what a battle rifle was, don't try to tell me you know what skill is.

Your hilarious with your split screen comment too. The local tournies I go to have a higher caliber of players than you could imagine. Within a 20 mile radius of me I have Fatal Matt, Heinz, Vizion and McGavin not to mention countless semi pro players all of which show up to these "local" tournaments with prizes in the thousands.

All I see here is a kid who doesn't understand what skill is, lacks the ability to adapt and is crying to a forum because he sucks at a game. Kudos to Bungie, they made a game that makes kids like you weep, they truly are godly developers.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Watch that and teach yourself what skill means then come back. Even in that video I can see multiple mistakes he makes.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
homicidaIpanda said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Are you kidding? The skill gap in this game is absolutely huge. The skill it takes to shoot well is ridiculous not to mention so many small nuances that add depth to the game. Every single loadout is balanced and a smart player can easily take advantage of a loadouts weaknesses.

I've been playing Halo since Halo:CE in xbc, have gone to MLG tournies, won countless local tournaments and played with some of the best Halo players alive. Are you seriously telling me that you think this game takes no skill because I can promise you that you could pick whatever loadout you want, I will kill you 90 percent of the time if not more.

The skill gap in this game is so high I played with 3 friends last night and we did not lose a single game. All I'm seeing is someone who can't adapt to new mechanics and is whining because he keeps losing.

No I am not kidding you, lol 

It takes skill to shoot on a game that uses auto aim...I thinks its like any other console shooter. (most game you start off with a spray and pray gun)

So many small nuances in the game...like invisible guys camping and sprint plus sword...lol i could go on...

Every single load out is balanced...why are we in beta...read line above. Name me a weakness pls...lol other than stalker cant have jetpack etc

Your all second paragraph basically say Halo reach skill is equilant to H2 and H3 which you are wrong. Local tourments dont count playing agiast your friends on splitscreen.

"The skill gap on this game is so high"...LOL Adapt to the new mechnacis? I bought a halo game to play friggin halo, its people like you that buy every game thats hyped up. This game is slowed down and is mw2 without killstreaks. Its seem that once the game has a name to it, it can realease garbage to its fanbase and they eat it up like candy. Well I am not buying into this one

You do realize you spawn with a pistol in every gametype, a gun that takes more skill to use than any gun in Halo 3 so there goes your spray and pray argument.

I would imagine the loadout weaknesses would be apparent to any intelligent person but if not here you go

Jetpack- you can get height but you will get picked off quickly by any good player as you can't avoid any bullets                                                     Armor Lock- Unable to move, any decent player can time grenades to take out someone using armor lock                                                               Camo- You jam every single players radar in a 50ft radius practically broadcasting that there's an invisible player in the area, you become more visible the more you move and you can't hear anything in cloak mode.                                                                                                                      Sprint- Can't shoot while you sprint

There's your weaknesses, now any smart person could easily see how to take advantage of those. I've been a part of MLG since before you even knew what a battle rifle was, don't try to tell me you know what skill is.

Your hilarious with your split screen comment too. The local tournies I go to have a higher caliber of players than you could imagine. Within a 20 mile radius of me I have Fatal Matt, Heinz, Vizion and McGavin not to mention countless semi pro players all of which show up to these "local" tournaments with prizes in the thousands.

All I see here is a kid who doesn't understand what skill is, lacks the ability to adapt and is crying to a forum because he sucks at a game. Kudos to Bungie, they made a game that makes kids like you weep, they truly are godly developers.

Epic post and agree 100% the skill gap in this game truly is mind blowing. 

I'm shocked Bungie has been as bold as they are with creating a game that truly is about skill on a whole nother level.  Honestly this is one hardcore game and if you suck at FPS's be warned you will get owned, brutally.  This isn't COD where you can twitch and spray and pray, the level of skill required is through the roof.  And its awesome as hell.

Also that was a general statement I know that your insane at Halo Mendicate it was basically to everyone else

^
Oh wow... I don't really know what to think about this video. I think I'm actually disgusted by the fact that some people just play too goddamn much. What the hell man... he's inhuman!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I think your crazy, This game is tons of fun, I played 6 matches and its a blast, maybe a little unbalanced, Its the Bata Dude, this is why we are playing to help Bungie find the perfect Medium, So relax and enjoy it for what it is a BATA