By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Call of Duty: Black Ops For Wii?

Mr Puggsly said:
Bamboleo said:
@ Your guess is as good as mine.

Which is 1 million for the average HD game to break even (ports) and like 1.5 million for exclusives (those exclusives like, exclusives, that don't have PC version to share costs).

As for the Wii I think the average game needs to sell about ~300K. I've seen developers being "happy" with 200K but that seems the very low end.

I don't understand what you're trying to prove. The typical Wii game is shovelware. Obviously shovelware doesn't need to sell much.

Also, developers don't put much money into Wii games because 3rd party games typically don't sell very well. When they do, its basically a fluke that no one really expected or an already mega popular franchise.

Ultimately, the Wii library is riddled with games from developers just trying to cash out. That's nothing to boast about.

Ouch i think you just destroyed him. Oh well, he'll still pull numbers out of his ass, and then threaten to report you when you prove him wrong. Hilarious.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Wii controls are better for corridor shooters only. CoD is not a corridor shooter for 90% of the games.

Completely agree, they work the best with On-Rail shooters, but the wii mote is shitty and innacurate for FPS games taht require QUICK and PRECISE movement, thats why games like MW and TC included Auto-aim and the game is slowed down, with shitty AI. Either way the Sony move thingy will be much better than the wii mote.

gansito said:
KylieDog said:
Wii controls are better for corridor shooters only. CoD is not a corridor shooter for 90% of the games.

Completely agree, they work the best with On-Rail shooters, but the wii mote is shitty and innacurate for FPS games taht require QUICK and PRECISE movement, thats why games like MW and TC included Auto-aim and the game is slowed down, with shitty AI. Either way the Sony move thingy will be much better than the wii mote.

I have a question for you.  Are your eyes brown?  Because you are so full of shit they have to be.  How you haven't been permabanned yet is a mystery to me.  Most of your posts are nothing but trolling the Wii and its games.  But you are just one more in a long line of butthurt fanboys that can't stand the fact that people might have different values from you and don't think that HD graphics are the be all and end all of gaming.

To the moderating team:  I apologize for this outburst, but it needed to be said.  When you ban me for the comment, please make it permanent.  I'm done here.

gansito said:
KylieDog said:

if you can mod a game to accept both wiimote and dual analog i can guarantee i can own you. otherwise stfu. oh look, i just destroyed you. wanna report me for calling your BS?

gansito said:
KylieDog said:

I take it you've never played a Wii FPS?  And that you're a Sony fanboy by suggesting a product will have better controls that you've both never utilized before and fail to grasp the fact that pixel precision pointing for Move and Wii are the same thing.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Well I think it's a little too early tell. So far every Call of Duty game on the system has been extremely successful and it is doubtful that Activision will skip that opportunity. Although not as popular as they are on the other systems, making money is making money.

So I would assume that Black Ops would come to the Wii system but we'll just wait for an official announcement. If not I doubt that Activision won't have a Call of Duty game out this year. Maybe have Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii instead this year. We'll just wait and see. Will definitely know at E3 which is only a month and a half away.

I'm having a blast playin modern warfare 2 online, it sucks that wii fans have to wait over a year to play it LOL!!! and the same will hapen with BLACK OPS LOL. Buy an HD console, you bought the worst console on the market.

Guess Wii-only gamers are just gonna hafta tough it out until Nintendo decides to release a more powerful and HD capable successor to the Wii before they start getting regular ports of PS360 games.

It's already costing companies tons of development time and money to ensure that these games meet their target launch dates every year, and there's no guarantee that a Wii port will do well enough to justify diverting precious time and resources away from the primary versions of the game.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lastgengamer said:
Wii shouldn't keep getting late ports of CoD it's stating to get ridiculous at the point.

Late or not, it'll only sell a small fraction of what the HD consoles sell. HD consoles and PC are the bread and butter. No point in dividing their attention with an inferior Wii port.

the wii version has better controls and you know it lol

no none of the COD games that have been on WII have controls anywhere near as good as those on the PS3/360/PC.. it's not even 1:1 which really hurts it.. and I mean from experience REALLY hurts it..

mM
Viper1 said:
gansito said:
KylieDog said:

I take it you've never played a Wii FPS?  And that you're a Sony fanboy by suggesting a product will have better controls that you've both never utilized before and fail to grasp the fact that pixel precision pointing for Move and Wii are the same thing.

I have, and the accuracy isn't that great.. based on what I have played which was call of duty modern reflex

mM