By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Call of Duty: Black Ops For Wii?

Garnett said:

@Viper1

You cant blame the developers.They brought an advanced game and put it on a system with very told tech. There tried and it wasnt easy.

That game was at best a B-port. A good coding job at best. Certainly not great.

I can't really fault treyarch, since they did the best with the limited time and money. Activision is mostly to blame.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
I can and most certainly will blame the developers. You can reduce things to increase frame rate but they chose not to. The same decisions made with the HD consoles to balance graphic fidelity with frame rate were applied to the Wii.

It's a factor considered for every game on every console.

What would they reduce? They take out some tree's and make the levels smaller, make the AI stupid then you can get 30 fps, but your left with nothing like CoD 4 on the HD systems. Then you would have to deal with people complaing about it being a lame ass port, its completely different ect.

They kept everything the same, except the graphics. Same gameplay missions, same multiplayer. I know if i would want to play the game that people have been raving about, i would want the full game, not one thats "dumbed down".

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Garnett said:

@Viper1

You cant blame the developers.They brought an advanced game and put it on a system with very told tech. There tried and it wasnt easy.

I can't really fault treyarch, since they did the best with the limited time and money. Activision is mostly to blame.

It was a B-Port, they couldnt do an A port on the Wii because of its specs. You cant blame Treyarch for this only Nintendo and your selfs.

I doubt the next Call of Duty won't make it to Wii. It'll end up on most available platforms eventually. Call of Duty games are even still hitting the DS.

That being said, if for some reason it didn't hit the Wii, its not much of a loss.  Call of Duty isn't that great.

Garnett said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Garnett said:

@Viper1

It was a B-Port, they couldnt do an A port on the Wii because of its specs. You cant blame Treyarch for this only Nintendo and your selfs.

You clearly have no or little knowledge of gamedevelopment.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Garnett said:

@Viper1

Please tell me how it's the customer's fault. PLEASE.

i gotta know what do some of you guys playing a Wii port of a HD game expect????? SOMETHINGS will be lost in translation, you will never have an exact replica of the game. The Wii is not powerful enough to do it. not to knock it but if you want to play the game as it was intended you gotta play it on the system the devs put the most work on

I actually never realized how Treyarch released their games on Wii. Weird. Infinity Ward just hates the Wii then.

OP requested lock

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000