By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Call of Duty: Black Ops For Wii?

Bamboleo said:

HD games hit the bargain bin much faster than Wii games, which are initially cheaper but maintain that price for a long period.

I call bullshit. Not only do Wii games hit the bargain bin faster. They typically have poor sales until they hit the bargain.

1st party games may not get price cuts, but 3rd party games hit the bargain bin surprisingly fast.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Also as of now, you can only pre-order on three systems, your PC, the PS3 and X360, unless of course Activision (on their own official Black Ops website) somehow forgot to give a mock-up Wii boxart to THREE different videogame retailers...

Mr Puggsly said:
Bamboleo said:

HD games hit the bargain bin much faster than Wii games, which are initially cheaper but maintain that price for a long period.

I call bullshit. Not only do Wii games hit the bargain bin faster. They typically have poor sales until they hit the bargain.

1st party games may not get price cuts, but 3rd party games hit the bargain bin surprisingly fast.

The opposite happens.

The Wii is the software sales king for a reason.

So we talking about CoD Black Opps not being on the Wii or which one of you spud monkeys has the best stat, numbers, link or dick.

I think its a tad premature to say the Black Opps isnt coming to the Wii the game itself was only announced yesterday, give it till E3 and then have a big old cry.

KylieDog said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
*sigh* Please people... cut the trolling... it's annoying and this is a freaking rerun of what happened last year... I mean CoD MW2 was listed on the Wii at gamestop and various other places early, then taken off, no word on a CoD game for Wii for a while, people trolled, then it actually did come, was quite good (cause it was CoD4) and then sold a million.

There, I busted the "there's no way it can come" I busted the "hardcore games don't go to Wii" I busted the "hardcore games don't sell" and I busted the "they only make crappy ports" or "the game is inferior" 

The green is correct, but the red is not.  The Wii ended up getting MW1, not MW2.

Uh... I was meaning a CoD game in general, cause the argument WAS there is not one coming, and you might want to read that again cause I listed it as CoD4 right there, right were you just apparently didn't want to highlight. (put it in yellow so you can see )

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
*sigh* Please people... cut the trolling... it's annoying and this is a freaking rerun of what happened last year... I mean CoD MW2 was listed on the Wii at gamestop and various other places early, then taken off, no word on a CoD game for Wii for a while, people trolled, then it actually did come, was quite good (cause it was CoD4) and then sold a million.

There, I busted the "there's no way it can come" I busted the "hardcore games don't go to Wii" I busted the "hardcore games don't sell" and I busted the "they only make crappy ports" or "the game is inferior"

Cut the trolling, have a nice discussion, even though frankly there isn't much here to discuss, its an early listing from a retailer that hasn't got a single word on any details, cause at this point I could speculate it could go to the Atari 2600 and it'd be just about as right until Activision announces it.

I believe your accolates of the Wii version of call of duty is more trolling than anything.  Every call of duty on the wii has sold a million+ its nothing new.  It's a marquie franchise that will sell on any system, even the ps2 version of WaW sold a million.  You add nothing to the conservation, just random gloating, which is odd for a moderator.

What are you even talking about?  Gloating?  About what?  For whom?  And why?  Have you not seen some of the comments?  Honestly I was making a statement to tell people to calm down cause I really don't want to moderate people on both sides of the argument cause they want to get hot headed about the same debate that happened last year.  It's really stupid that it's happening again and there's people on both sides acting dumb, but I really don't know what to say to the zealots to get them to clam down, but I can at least speak reason to the typical stupid reasons people are giving for there not being a CoD on Wii listed, but if it doesn't stop I'm starting at post one and modding the whole thread.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Kenny said:
The Call of Duty series on the Wii has been a case study of demand destruction at work. Today, nobody seems to remember that Call of Duty 3 on the Wii outsold the PS3 version, and that was without online multiplayer. Instead, people remember that World at War on the Wii did a lot worse, without remembering that it was a heavily gimped port missing a lot of features for no good reason. The other thing people tend to remember is that Modern Warfare: Reflex never made it close to the PS3/360 versions' sales, despite being released two years late with zero advertising in the shadow of Modern Warfare 2, which Activision advertised extensively. Simply put, the Wii versions never did well because Activision never gave the series a chance to do well, and have instead been trying to drive Call of Duty fans off the Wii by making that version noticeably worse or late in a sort of scorched earth strategy.

I approve of this message.

One thing I will add is that the breakout hit of the series, CoD4, did not come to the Wii along side the HD version.  Had that happened, we very well may have seen much more growth in the series on the Wii.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

BMaker11 said:
Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lastgengamer said:
Wii shouldn't keep getting late ports of CoD it's stating to get ridiculous at the point.

Late or not, it'll only sell a small fraction of what the HD consoles sell. HD consoles and PC are the bread and butter. No point in dividing their attention with an inferior Wii port.

the wii version has better controls and you know it lol

Despite popular opinion on VGC, motion control =/= better controls for an FPS. I played WaW on the Wii. It was damn near a disaster because there's just a lack of accuracy (I don't care what anyone says in response to this). I don't care if this game supports Move or Natal, I'd rather sit down and play with a traditional controller

"Wii mote is better than dual joysticks"

I agree with you BMaker11, Controllers are way better than motion controller IMO.

Garnett said:
BMaker11 said:
Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lastgengamer said:
Wii shouldn't keep getting late ports of CoD it's stating to get ridiculous at the point.

Late or not, it'll only sell a small fraction of what the HD consoles sell. HD consoles and PC are the bread and butter. No point in dividing their attention with an inferior Wii port.

the wii version has better controls and you know it lol

Despite popular opinion on VGC, motion control =/= better controls for an FPS. I played WaW on the Wii. It was damn near a disaster because there's just a lack of accuracy (I don't care what anyone says in response to this). I don't care if this game supports Move or Natal, I'd rather sit down and play with a traditional controller

"Wii mote is better than dual joysticks"

I agree with you BMaker11, Controllers are way better than motion controller IMO.

They said the pointer problems were due to the framerate problems. That sounds like Treyarch's fail, not Wii's.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Bamboleo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Bamboleo said:

The opposite happens.

The Wii is the software sales king for a reason.

Yeah, the the king of first party sales. The 360 and PS3 sell much more 3rd party. Perhaps that might be the reason they get much better 3rd party games?

Also, when you exclude bundled software. They've sold much less software than you think on the Wii.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)