By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Call of Duty: Black Ops For Wii?

freebs2 said:
That's good thing I'll say, Wii isn't made for ports... since 360 and p3 are very similar in terms of hardwere it's natural than most games go multiplatform, but to make good games on wii they must be designed for it from the ground-up.

You are absolutely wrong! The PS3 and the Xbox 360 have completely different architectures. This means that a port will require additional resources and time to do whether it's from the P3 to the Xbox 360 or vice versa. However the Xbox 360 and the Wii both have a similar architecture, the Power PC.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network
patjuan32 said:
freebs2 said:
That's good thing I'll say, Wii isn't made for ports... since 360 and p3 are very similar in terms of hardwere it's natural than most games go multiplatform, but to make good games on wii they must be designed for it from the ground-up.

You are absolutely wrong! The PS3 and the Xbox 360 have completely different architectures. This means that a port will require additional resources and time to do whether it's from the P3 to the Xbox 360 or vice versa. However the Xbox 360 and the Wii both have a similar architecture, the Power PC.

The differences in architecture is not the only problem in terms of software development, different architectures requires a different managment of software instructions and that's all.... that's not a problem big enogh to prevent developers from porting games....in therms of capability they're almost the same, what I mean is that what it can be done on ps3 can -generally- be done also on 360 and viceversa, but not also on wii.

freebs2 said:
patjuan32 said:
freebs2 said:

The differences in architecture is not the only problem in terms of software development, different architectures requires a different managment of software instructions and that's all.... that's not a problem big enogh to prevent developers from porting games....in therms of capability they're almost the same, what I mean is that what it can be done on ps3 can -generally- be done also on 360 and viceversa, but not also on wii.

We actually do not know this is true because out side of call of duty no one is actually porting games from HD systems to the Wii. Sure the Wii will not be able to reproduce the resolutions of the HD games but developers could still have an awsome looking SD game. As I have stated, the Xbox 360 and the Wii have a very similar architecture and their are also third party engines that feature cross platform developement between the consoles.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Other than being another million seller for the wii... I don't really care.

Wii is not made for ports. Exclusive games, please.

It's an extra million guaranteed that they're missing, certainly not as large scale, but a million is certainly worth downgrading a few assets. The engine is already there, after all.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Mr Puggsly, when the actual console SKU list is announced and the Wii is on it, and it will be, will you be man enough, or pug enough, to admit you were wrong?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

-60 million USD in revenue to Activision

Assuming this would have sold 1 million in the US and Others.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Viper1 said:
Mr Puggsly, when the actual console SKU list is announced and the Wii is on it, and it will be, will you be man enough, or pug enough, to admit you were wrong?

We'll first see if he's man enough to admit he was wrong with his NMH's thread, lol.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I am fed up with the same faces showing up in such threads with a single (bad) purpose. 2 people reported in this thread (one of them, typical for him, had only a single post in this thread, but it was bad enough), I wouldn't mind if they are eventually permabanned since they keep doing this again and again in Wii threads.

OT: I think Black Ops will come out for the Wii as well. To quote from http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=79890 - "Treyarch's head, Mark Lamia said it himself: “We can’t wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops,” “We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts"

I may be reading this wrong, but I take "on all fronts" to mean Wii as well

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

really, this was expected from the begging, at least we'll get mw2 "the best selling title ever"