S.T.A.G.E. said:
libellule said:
Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
lol at Sony commenting on the Bungie/Activision deal

it feels like pushing a sword deeper in a bleeding heart
Or more like admiting defeat that they couldnt build an FPS to rival Halo. Theres also a very high probability Bungies new IP wont be a FPS.

Activision already killed Halo with CoD ...

Also, it is not like Sony bought Bungie or made an exclusive deal with them.

Lol.

Oh wait you're being serious?

*checks if its the Sony forums*

Ah you was.

sales speak for myself when you compare CoD to Halo

and Halo3 is perhaps the most overated game EVER

whatever the rating, in term of popularity/sales :

best and most popular FPS all support : Call of Duty !!!

If Halo was a multiplatform title it would outsell the COD franchise. Halo 3 sold around 10 million alone on the 360. This is why Bungie was a prime choice to pick up the reigns at Activision. They will get screwed though before the 10 years is up though, I can feel it.

THAT, I m not so sure ...

If Halo was not an exclusive, I m pretty sure the sales will not be as high on 360 and PS3 sales would not be that big

Wow...that is extremely ignorant, especially when those are the top sales on the 360 and Halo is one of the most popular FPS titles of all time. There are people on the PS3 who want Halo just as much. Westerners are the ones who support FPS titles the most.

kowenicki said:
Gilgamesh said:
kowenicki said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Being the FPS console didn't help XFlop1 and while this gen Halo 3 helped a lot, they were mostly MS head start and Sony big mistakes to make XB360 2nd this gen (WW not granted for all the gen, America almost surely granted).
So let's just hope next Bungie big IP be not another FPS, for Sony's and Bungie's sake and gamers' too, as we have more than enough FPS' on every platform. And what's for sure Halo fans won't settle on alternatives, they like Halo, they buy it and they'll keep on buying it, unless MS totally ruin it.

You make it sound like they are making a PS3 exclusive...

One thing I can guarantee... they wont make a PS3 exclusive.  zero chance.

How do you know that though?

An exclusive game from Bungie could be huge for Sony, how do you make a Halo killer? by getting the company that made Halo to make you a game. An exclusive game from Bungie going to the PS3 would be huge, it'd be nice to see what they can do on the PS3 though.

Each company is competing there asses off this gen, this would be a huge plus for Sony.

Microsoft isn't the only one with money you know.

Are you suggesting that none of the multitude of studios that sony moneyhatt... er... bought aren't capable of producing something to rival halo?

What a sad indictment.

Sony's already got a game better then Halo but just because it's better doesn't mean the sales will be, you should know that you been in VG Charts long enough.

With the Bungie name backing up whatever game they come out with it's almost guaranteeing high sales.

Just think of it, "From the creators of Halo comes a game exclusively to the PS3". It's pretty much guaranteed big sales.

kitler53 said:
theprof00 said:
why does everyone refer to better things as being "X on roids" when we treat our steroidal athletes very poorly?

i think you are misinterpiting the statment. sony is saying is that bungie's next project is going to be muscular space men who save the world by squirting the aliens with their breast milk.

So Bungie is going to make a Cho Aniki FPS then.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

zgamer5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Wow I can;t believe something like this finally happened.

I really wonder what the sales potential of this game could be since it'll be multiplat.

Maybe Activision want a COD Killer lol

activision are greedy basterds, i hope infinity ward win the appeal. all they do is milk franchises, 3 cods in 2 years? i'm sure none of them will have any quality.

and also what does blizzard have to do in this? will that game be an mmo?

Blizzard has nothing to do with it really. Activision Blizzard is the parent company of both Activision and Blizzard, so most company statements metion Activision Blizzard not Activision. Lucky for MMO fans, Actvision hasnt been able to touch any Blizzard IPs, and has stuck to whoring the console gaming market.

Around the Network
Bungie_on_PS3 said:

GTA4 got nearly 100 on Meta and it was crap. It means nothing. It includes mostly American websites and blogs, plus crap like Edge which are MS biased (proven by maths) or even paid by MS themselves.

Fact is graphics are far superior on KZ2 (which nobody disagrees with except the most desperate fanboys), and multi is funnier.

Now I still can't wait to see what Bungie will do on PS3, now they'll have more power on their hands.

I doubt they can exceed the top of this gen games - gems like GoW 3 and Uncharted 2 - since graphically they were never on top even on 360.

Once again.... GTA 4 was crap in your opinion, too most people it rocked...

Of course a a high score on meta means something. A it definitely means alot more than one persons opinion on a game.

There's no doubt that KZ2 has superior graphics than HALO 3.

You may think that KZ2 has far superior graphics AND gameplay than halo, but it is the majority's opnion that matters in the end. And there's no doubt that HALO 3 (and the series as a whole) has influenced the gaming industry far more superior than KZ2 has. Sorry but its the facts. And although bungie may make games for ps3 in the future, HALO (the king of FPS on consoles) wont be made for the ps3 because its owned by Microsoft.

Plus HALO is way more popular than KZ. Ask anyone on the street or the neutral and casual gamer..... It's a fact, look at all the movies, sequels, books, action figures.... GOTTA LOVE IT =) 

These games are just so damn fun!

Im just glad i got both consoles to enjoy both series =).

Sorry buddy...

Ps. CANT WAIT FOR REACH =)

Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
Lord Flashheart said:

I will respond to this first
"Neverthless, I cant really prove my point in an absolute way, so let's forget it."
right after stating something as fact with no proof. Funny how people want to forget something they started. Usually means they know they're wrong.

You can't proof the previous "fact" so maybe you should forget that (and anything else you say about the 360) for that reason.
Opinions and fact are two different words.

you have noted that I decided to stop supporting a point because I cant prove it as fact
but you forgot to note that I still support all my others points and particualrly the one that matter :

"CoD killed Halo as the best/most popular FPS on console"

end.

But none of your other points are facts.

Throwing a fact into an opinion is still an opinion.

Oh he's gone, hope he closed the door behind him.

it is not fact because you prefer relativise everything
I can also do this sort of very boring attitude
You see : I could have answered to selnor that Killzone killed Halo ... but I think this attitude is pretty boring

but sales CoD > sales Halo FACT

so, EASLY, CoD most popular FPS on console this gen FACT
(like Wii most popular console this gen) 

and Bungie goes multiplateform, another fact

is that so hard to understand ?

EDIT : or to admit ?

Time to Work !

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Lord Flashheart said:

@ Alba

It always happens when all of a sudden something that wasn't on their console now is and their opinion has miraculously changed but they wan't to hide it.

Just wind them up and have fun with it.

edit: I see one of them has responded. Lilbelule I'll read it later and maybe respond to your not so stealthy trolling as per usual.

What's for sure I wasn't meaning either you or Libellule, you both can't be defined by any means stealthy!

Those I'm talking about, at a superficial glance could appear almost neutral.

oh, so bad for Lord Flashheart

he was really considering himself as better than me becasue he thought Alby_da_Wolf was only talking about me !

Time to Work !

Lord Flashheart said:
Skeeuk said:
didnt they say new IP is better than halo?

either way this great news for gamers

Probably. But I would expect them to.

They wouldn't say our next game will be worse than the last one. Even if the last one was the most overrated game eva FACT!

It will be interesting. Even if it was still a 360 exclusive it would be great news for gamers.

nah, it is because Bungie goes multiplateform THAT it is great news for gamers

if their game was just exclusive to the Xbox360, then it will only be great news for 360 owners.

got it ?

Xbox360 fans =/= world gamers
to put clearer something you have problem to admit ;)

Time to Work !

kowenicki said:
libellule said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Skeeuk said:
didnt they say new IP is better than halo?

either way this great news for gamers

Probably. But I would expect them to.

They wouldn't say our next game will be worse than the last one. Even if the last one was the most overrated game eva FACT!

It will be interesting. Even if it was still a 360 exclusive it would be great news for gamers.

nah, it is because Bungie goes multiplateform THAT it is great news for gamers

if their game was just exclusive to the Xbox360, then it will only be great news for 360 owners.

got it ?

Xbox360 fans =/= world gamers
to put clearer something you have problem to admit ;)

why is it great news for gamers if halo is over-rated nonsense?

I just cant let this obvious duplicity pass....

Most of the PS3 fans seem to be saying Halo isnt very good but Bungie are awesome...  can you explain this to me? 

Bungie is Halo, Halo is Bungie. 

1/ I dont give a SHIT about Bungie games you can't even imagine (this generation : overerated games and developper IMO)

2/ I m just argumenting about gamers IN GENERAL that USUALLY (including me) :
More games we have, better it is (because in the mass we may get some pearl)

3/ HERE, I was just correcting/fixing Lord Flashheart that claimed that bungie making an exclusive for 360 was great news for gamers
while, I would have said : "Bungie making an exclusive for 360 was great news for 360 gamers"

4/ you see, you are focusing on the wrong person man ...

5/ As I have said in my very first post : Sony PR talking is just here to make "heart bleeding" bleed even more before E3 fight.
It is not about Halo is good or Bungie is great.
It is about MS losing a studio that worked exclusively with them. END.

Time to Work !