By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

Sony has welcomed Bungie's official move to multiplatform development - suggesting its new IP could become 'Halo on steroids' on PS3.

The news comes after the 
announcement of Bungie's ten-year exclusive deal with Activision for its new franchise.

The studio has reasserted that it will maintain the rights to the franchise and
remain independent.

Sony spokesperson Patrick Seybold wrote on Twitter this afternoon:

'Congrats to Bungie. Marrying their creative minds and incredible talent to the power of PS3 will be like giving PS3 fans Halo on steroids.'

Very little is known about the IP at the centre of the Bungie/Activision deal - but the studio has revealed that its creation is being headed up by 
Marathon veteran Jason Jones.

Activision COO Thomas Tippl 
said earlier: "This agreement is about bringing Bungie's great new Intellectual Property to gamers worldwide on the platform of their choice and at the same time further drive Activision's profitable growth opportunities in a way that's accretive to operating income margins."

Source

Around the Network

isn't gears of war halo on steroids:O

Master Chief come back >>>>>every thing else

coming soon!

man that would be weird on PS3 but damn!

POWER OF THE PS3~!~!

lol at Sony commenting on the Bungie/Activision deal

it feels like pushing a sword deeper in a bleeding heart

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Gears >>> Halo (so over-hyped)

Actually, BF2 on PC >>>> Halo and based on the teaser of BF:BC2, I expect BF3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo/Gears/any FPS....

I really like BF formula.

Ahhh. . . the "powa" of the PS3. . .

I'm quite sure that unless PS3 installed base becomes >> XB360, Halo-like FPS' will still sell better on the latter, but the sales boost given by PS3 port should be more than enough worth the effort anyway, this gen good games ported with care sell well. And I could be proven wrong, during the last months God of War and MW2 helped triggering a lot of love for PS3 amongst American hardcores.

Let's just hope Activision isn't even vaguely tempted to treat Bungie as it's doing with IW, though...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

hahahaha what an LOL comment from Sony

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Cool, Halo in 4D.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.