Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
lol at Sony commenting on the Bungie/Activision deal

it feels like pushing a sword deeper in a bleeding heart
Or more like admiting defeat that they couldnt build an FPS to rival Halo. Theres also a very high probability Bungies new IP wont be a FPS.

Activision already killed Halo with CoD ...

Also, it is not like Sony bought Bungie or made an exclusive deal with them.

Um last time I checked COD MW1 failed to staty on top spot on Live long enough. And right up to MW2 H3 was on average more top spot than COD MW1 was.

Reach will put MW2 firmly relegated. As it was Halo 3 was on 890,000 players 3 days ago.

I agree.
Halo is strong ... on 360
but the whole MW PC/PS3/360 community is bigger than the Halo communityµ
that is my only point.

Also, Halo3 is heavly bundled since 2 years ...

Yeah. Cool. It's kinda unfair though pitting a console exclusive against 3 platforms.

As an example KZ2 doesn't get close to MW2 in numbers on PS3 alone. I think if Halo was multi console, it would probably outdo MW2 fairly easy. Of course it would only work if Halo was on Sony from the start, as Halo 3 has alotof players who have loved it from the start.

Around the Network
selnor said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

Or more like admiting defeat that they couldnt build an FPS to rival Halo. Theres also a very high probability Bungies new IP wont be a FPS.

Um last time I checked COD MW1 failed to staty on top spot on Live long enough. And right up to MW2 H3 was on average more top spot than COD MW1 was.

Reach will put MW2 firmly relegated. As it was Halo 3 was on 890,000 players 3 days ago.

I agree.
that is my only point.

Yeah. Cool. It's kinda unfair though pitting a console exclusive against 3 platforms.

As an example KZ2 doesn't get close to MW2 in numbers on PS3 alone. I think if Halo was multi console, it would probably outdo MW2 fairly easy. Of course it would only work if Halo was on Sony from the start, as Halo 3 has alotof players who have loved it from the start.

that I m not sure at all

you are assuming that Halo appeal to everybody while Halo is very Xbox360 oriented game because it is an exclusive from the start

if MGS4 would have been released on 360, I m not sure the sales nbrs would have been fantastic ...

I m guessing we will never know

Time to Work !

libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

I agree.
that is my only point.

that I m not sure at all

you are assuming that Halo appeal to everybody while Halo is very Xbox360 oriented game because it is an exclusive from the start

if MGS4 would have been released on 360, I m not sure the sales nbrs would have been fantastic ...

I m guessing we will never know

Yeah your right it's all hyperthetical and never gonna be known. So it's a moot point.

But MGS hasn't been exclusive to the sony platform and a lot of 360 owners had a machine that played the previous games on it so they would have bought it.
In my opinion it would have sold more than if it was exclusive.

Lord Flashheart said:
But MGS hasn't been exclusive to the sony platform and a lot of 360 owners had a machine that played the previous games on it so they would have bought it.
In my opinion it would have sold more than if it was exclusive.

for MGS, I do believe Xbox360 owners would have bought the game (perhaps not matching PS3 sales but still being decent sales)

but for Halo, I really think the situation would have been "worst" and the sales REALLY Xbox360 biaised

Time to Work !

Around the Network

You agree MGS would have sold more than it did if multi-plat?
Halo would be Xbox biased sure but MW is also.