By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:
lol at Sony commenting on the Bungie/Activision deal

it feels like pushing a sword deeper in a bleeding heart
Or more like admiting defeat that they couldnt build an FPS to rival Halo. Theres also a very high probability Bungies new IP wont be a FPS.

Activision already killed Halo with CoD ...

Also, it is not like Sony bought Bungie or made an exclusive deal with them.

Lol.

Oh wait you're being serious?

*checks if its the Sony forums*

Ah you was.

sales speak for myself when you compare CoD to Halo

and Halo3 is perhaps the most overated game EVER

whatever the rating, in term of popularity/sales :

best and most popular FPS all support : Call of Duty !!!

Time to Work !

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Being the FPS console didn't help XFlop1 and while this gen Halo 3 helped a lot, they were mostly MS head start and Sony big mistakes to make XB360 2nd this gen (WW not granted for all the gen, America almost surely granted).
So let's just hope next Bungie big IP be not another FPS, for Sony's and Bungie's sake and gamers' too, as we have more than enough FPS' on every platform. And what's for sure Halo fans won't settle on alternatives, they like Halo, they buy it and they'll keep on buying it, unless MS totally ruin it.

You make it sound like they are making a PS3 exclusive...

One thing I can guarantee... they wont make a PS3 exclusive.  zero chance.

I didn't mean to make so. But Sony is the happiest of Bunge going multiplat, so that happening to make yet another FPS and not even exclusive, wouldn't bring either Sony or Bungie so much good, this was the sense of what I wrote. For MS the issue is quite neutral OTOH, they still own Halo and it will always be exclusive, with at most late PC ports, having another multiplat big franchise, made by people that know how to work on XB and please its users would be good anyway, nothing exceptional if it happens to be another FPS, but nothing to despise too, but it wouldn't be a great system seller, being a not exclusive of the same kind of their biggest exclusive. So IMVHO Sony has most to lose from it being a FPS, because it wouldn't be exclusive anyway and Halo fans would keep on wanting the original one, and Bungie would have even more to lose, as repeating themselves when in the past they were both original and successful would taint the name they worked so hard and long to earn.

About PS3 exclusive, yes, very little to no chance at all.

But anyway, who cares, the biggest thing is Bungie coming back to PC! Console gaming is domed, now!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Bungie_on_PS3 said:

Bungie is going multi, stage, and they'll release their games on PS3, there's no point denying that now.

I don't think PS3 needed them at all though, seeing there are already more and better exclusives on PS3 than on 360.

It's actually MS who would need more exclusives urgently according to sales...

I am not denying anything. I know MS will gain multiplat games from Bungie much like Sony will, but Bungie stated after they left Microsoft that they would still be making exclusives for them. 

libellule said:
Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

Or more like admiting defeat that they couldnt build an FPS to rival Halo. Theres also a very high probability Bungies new IP wont be a FPS.

Lol.

Ah you was.

If Halo was a multiplatform title it would outsell the COD franchise. Halo 3 sold around 10 million alone on the 360. This is why Bungie was a prime choice to pick up the reigns at Activision. They will get screwed though before the 10 years is up though, I can feel it.

Gilgamesh said:
kowenicki said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Being the FPS console didn't help XFlop1 and while this gen Halo 3 helped a lot, they were mostly MS head start and Sony big mistakes to make XB360 2nd this gen (WW not granted for all the gen, America almost surely granted).
So let's just hope next Bungie big IP be not another FPS, for Sony's and Bungie's sake and gamers' too, as we have more than enough FPS' on every platform. And what's for sure Halo fans won't settle on alternatives, they like Halo, they buy it and they'll keep on buying it, unless MS totally ruin it.

How do you know that though?

An exclusive game from Bungie could be huge for Sony, how do you make a Halo killer? by getting the company that made Halo to make you a game. An exclusive game from Bungie going to the PS3 would be huge, it'd be nice to see what they can do on the PS3 though.

Each company is competing there asses off this gen, this would be a huge plus for Sony.

Microsoft isn't the only one with money you know.

Its not just about money with Microsoft and Bungie, but much like other PC companies Bungie genuinely likes Microsoft. They've stated after the left Microsoft that they will still make exclusives for them even though they will be making multiplatform titles now. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
libellule said:
Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

Lol.

Ah you was.

If Halo was a multiplatform title it would outsell the COD franchise. Halo 3 sold around 10 million alone on the 360. This is why Bungie was a prime choice to pick up the reigns at Activision. They will get screwed though before the 10 years is up though, I can feel it.

nah, Halo is very Xbox targetted game
that is what you fail to understand

PC gamers look at Halo like if it was a pure bullshit arcade shooter
Halo is a very american / Xbox console franchise that would faill outside his community

Halo3 was and is also bundled to hell all over the world

I dont remember CoD games being heavly bundled like this ...

Time to Work !

kowenicki said:
Gilgamesh said:
kowenicki said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

How do you know that though?

An exclusive game from Bungie could be huge for Sony, how do you make a Halo killer? by getting the company that made Halo to make you a game. An exclusive game from Bungie going to the PS3 would be huge, it'd be nice to see what they can do on the PS3 though.

Each company is competing there asses off this gen, this would be a huge plus for Sony.

Microsoft isn't the only one with money you know.

Are you suggesting that none of the multitude of studios that sony moneyhatt... er... bought aren't capable of producing something to rival halo?

What a sad indictment.

It's not often we get games that sell Halo/Gran Turismo level, dude.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

libellule said:
Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

Lol.

Ah you was.

Sales? so which call of duty has outsold halo on the 360?

Can you prove its the most overrated game ever? because people still play it online more than most if not all console games today.
As for overrated and popularity, well everyone agrees CoD is the best right?

As for support of a FPS well look at the support Hale 3 has been getting since it was released. You think any CoD will get the same level of support or people still playing it this long after it's been released?

But I'm sure if Halo was on a Sony platform then you'd be singing a different tune.

Also most games don't sell outside it's community? Most games don't sell outside of its target market. As for PC gamers? What's your point? PS3 owners don't like it. But as they don't play it and given their superiority complex I wouldn't expect them to. The people who do play it are still playing it years later and that's the only opinion that counts.

Not bad for an American arcade bullshit xbox shooter.

Do you go into U2 threads and say well PC gamers don't play it, call it a bullshit arcade TPS PS3 targetted game?

Of course not because its on a PS3 and all your points are bullshit. My god an Xbox game thats targetted at Xbox owners and giving them what they want!

DAMN YOU BUNGIE AND MICROSOFT FOR LISTENING TO US!!!

I won't name any name, but I'm enjoying this thread, particularly those stealth trolling with subtle digs and well feigned nonchalance to distract other people and make them not notice the laborious chewing of hefty and tough crow.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
Lord Flashheart said:
libellule said:
selnor said:
libellule said:

Lol.

Ah you was.

Sales? so which call of duty has outsold halo on the 360?

Can you prove its the most overrated game ever? because people still play it online more than most if not all console games today.
As for overrated and popularity, well everyone agrees CoD is the best right?

As for support of a FPS well look at the support Hale 3 has been getting since it was released. You think any CoD will get the same level of support or people still playing it this long after it's been released?

But I'm sure if Halo was on a Sony platform then you'd be singing a different tune.

Also most games don't sell outside it's community? Most games don't sell outside of its target market. As for PC gamers? What's your point? PS3 owners don't like it. But as they don't play it and given their superiority complex I wouldn't expect them to. The people who do play it are still playing it years later and that's the only opinion that counts.

Not bad for an American arcade bullshit xbox shooter.

Do you go into U2 threads and say well PC gamers don't play it, call it a bullshit arcade TPS PS3 targetted game?

Of course not because its on a PS3 and all your points are bullshit. My god an Xbox game thats targetted at Xbox owners and giving them what they want!

DAMN YOU BUNGIE AND MICROSOFT FOR LISTENING TO US!!!

- sales : I dont see why you are only counting 360 CoD sales while you should count 360 and PS3 sales and PC sales too.
CoD is more popular FACT.

- overrated : well, I only say this for Halo3
I consider it was released at a time it was good to say Xbox360 owns, PS3 sucks, and it may explain some score disparity.
I m guessing PAL reviewer rated the game lower.
Neverthless, I cant really prove my point in an absolute way, so let's forget it.

- support : I never mentionned support.
I dont see your point.

- Halo on sony plateform : but it is not on PS3.
No one want this game outside the 360 community.
You have no point.

- You are right, outside his community a game do not sell.
That prove that CoD is a way more important game on console because it targets a more important community

- I never said Halo was an american bullshit xbox shooter
I said PC gamers see it as a a "pure bullshit arcade shooter"
and that Halo was mostly important for the american Xbox market

- About the U2 threads : too bad for you, Naughty Dogs stay on the Sony side for now ...
So no, I dont need to go on threads that do not exist.

- Halo is only on Xbox : this confirm my point :  Halo is not as popular as CoD and CoD killed Halo as the "best FPS on console"
Calling my point BS will not change the fact.
Next time you will wonder why Halo Reach is less cartonny and more grey compared to Halo3
Or perhaps it is due to KZ2 ;)

Time to Work !