By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo Could 'Win' E3: An IGN Conversation

I need Donkey Kong and Zelda. I need a 3DS. I need Nintendo to pwned Sony and Microsoft

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
morenoingrato said:
last year dissapointing?
nothing that nintendo does is better than halo reach?
I really start to dislike ign again

It's Halo, the biggest thing in the universe. For a month that game'll be bigger than the renaissance, bigger than Shakespeare, bigger than every human creation in the recorded history. Then, the next month you'll be able to buy a copy for a few bucks in your local Wal Mart.

Well, it did revolutionize the console FPS. A genre that sells the best this whole generation on the HD consoles. And at the top is Halo, so yeah, it's pretty big. 

guiduc said:
I need Donkey Kong and Zelda. I need a 3DS. I need Nintendo to pwned Sony and Microsoft

Where have you been the last three years?

radiantshadow92 said:
guiduc said:

I assume he means in the hype department.

radiantshadow92 said:
guiduc said:

Not really in the sales but around the hype. A Zelda game is always big hype, but I feel this one will "revolutionnizes" the Zelda franchise.

Around the Network

What those who work full-time in the gaming media want is not want the general public wants.
The only one who gets it is the free-lancer.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Seeing as Nintendo announces the games that are breaking down doors and dominating the sales chart, I'd say they have won almost every E3.

Bleah same moronic "Nintendo has abandoned us the RRRRREEEAAAALLL gamers duuuuuuuuude!" cries....after 4 years you would expect them to be more subtle but nah same dudes same crap.

if they announce a pikmin sequel, I may just have to buy a wii. The game seems perfect for motion controls and I still love playing it on my gamecube. Hopefully Legend of Zelda Wii is a big improvement over twilight princess. Not to say TP is a bad game, but zelda games have the bar set sky high, and TP didn't deliver at least the gamecube version didn't IMO.

RolStoppable said:
@radiantshadow92

Last year Nintendo showed the return of the mother of all killer apps, the sequel to one of the best reviewed games of all time, announced a new take on Metroid developed by a competent third party and the return of Golden Sun. But somehow that's disregarded because certain people disliked the Vitality Sensor.

If someone downplays the significance of 2D Mario, then that person has as much credibility as someone who calls Brazil a non-factor in the football (soccer) World Cup.

You are right, they did have a great E3. But in their eyes, they still see the vitality sensor and the "waggle" games that do not work for them. Nintendo could make them see that they deserve to "win" E3, but like i said, they won't. And really, it does not matter. They are in the money.