By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo Could 'Win' E3: An IGN Conversation

TruckOSaurus said:
It's hard to believe, but the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo is just a few weeks away. E3 is where the big three pull out all the punches.

English is not my first language but didn't they mash-up two expressions making one that doesn't make sense at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but "I won't pull any punches" means "I won't hold back anything" and "pulling out all the stops" means "Doing everything you can to impress".

Going with that the big three pulling out all the punches kinda means they will all hold back on each other.

yeah pretty much.

I also like how in a nintendo E£ discussion golden sun, last story, xenoblade and retro are not mentioned at all

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

They say they expect a couple of new IPs, but Nintendo have already announced Xenoblade and Last Story, and they'll both have some kind of representation at E3. Add to that a new Zelda (the first home console title for four years) and that announcement is big enough to compete with something like Halo:Reach. Then of course there is 3DS, the successor to the most successful handheld line ever, which IGN almost completely ignore. Plus, they'll have the vitality sensor and whatever software comes with that.

Nintendo are set to have their biggest E3 since 2006, and as far as I remember, Nintendo really did dominate both traditional gaming press and mainstream media that time. And even if they don't 'win' E3 in the minds of sites like IGN, I wouldn't bet against them winning where it counts-sales.

The fact is this nintendo will come up with ...

-The last story Trailer.
-Zelda Wii will be there to be played.
-Nintendo 3DS + 10 to 25 games.
-Wii Vitality Sensor will have at least 3 games or one game with many actives like Wii Fit.
-2 IPs comeback.
-More of Metroid Other M.
-Dragon Quest X trailer.
-Xenoblade US release date.
-Golden Sun release date.
-Professor Layton 3 us version.
-Pokémon Black and White (3D VERSION ?)
-Wii bumbles.
-A new Wii channel.
-Miyamoto's new project.

Its looks like a Win for me , and i not counting on any huge surprise all of what i listed here is all what we all ready know almost for sure that is coming , i cant just wait until e3 , for what they need to show is something to overshadow natal , and i think 3DS will do it.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

This is what happens every damn year. The media goes in wanting one specific thing from Nintendo (which is now apparently an epic Zelda presentation with a date to release this year), and if they don't get it, Nintendo is damned for the following year.

Certainly last year showed that. They wanted Zelda back then, too, and even though they got NSMBWii, Galaxy 2, and Other M, Nintendo's conference was "disappointing"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Asriel said:
They say they expect a couple of new IPs, but Nintendo have already announced Xenoblade and Last Story, and they'll both have some kind of representation at E3. Add to that a new Zelda (the first home console title for four years) and that announcement is big enough to compete with something like Halo:Reach. Then of course there is 3DS, the successor to the most successful handheld line ever, which IGN almost completely ignore. Plus, they'll have the vitality sensor and whatever software comes with that.

Nintendo are set to have their biggest E3 since 2006, and as far as I remember, Nintendo really did dominate both traditional gaming press and mainstream media that time. And even if they don't 'win' E3 in the minds of sites like IGN, I wouldn't bet against them winning where it counts-sales.

Ign and others side are capable of ignoring Zelda at E3 if it sees cooler than Halo reach , i dont know why , always feel like that Nintendo is never good enough for then ... its funny how they talk about Natal hype , i mean there is nothing at natal that creates hype, for one single reason NATAL DOES NOT EXIST and that trailer from last E3 - FAKE AS THE HELL I DOUBT NATAL CAN WORK WELL AS IT WORKED AT THAT TRAILER- even some developers all ready sad - It cant do all that is in that trailer - If it really does all it did in that trailer I gonna pick up one but i dont believe it can do all of that and go on sale on for a price  under 150 usd, or be used on traditional games where you need that little thing called buttons ^~

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

Only way IGN will call Nintendo the winner of E3 is if Nintendo comes out and spends the first 10 minutes apologizing for the Wii, the next 30 minutes is the next Nintendo-console which is 10 times as powerful as PS3, has a traditional controller, a braggingrights-thing(like Sonys trophies and MS achievements) and then spends the next 20 minutes showing generic shooters which plays like Goldeneye(like every shooter in the past ten years have) but looks like Avatar

LordTheNightKnight said:
mortono said:
Hardcore gamers are so selfish. They actually think E3 is all about them! It's not a "consumer" show, it's a "trade" show. That means those presentations are made for people WITHIN THE TRADE.

In this sense, last e3 was certainly a success in that it excited retailers with the announcements of New Super Mario Bros and Wii Fit Plus for the holidays. Those might not be the titles the snobby, elitist IGN editors want, but the retailers knew it meant big money for them as these are huge mainstream titles.

This year, the real victories at E3 are going to be 3DS and Vitality Sensor. As much as IGN hates it, VS has the potential to be a new Wii Fit, especially if it focuses on helping people sleep. Think of the demand there is for sleep and relaxation aids. People buy medicines, take meditation classes, and upgrade mattresses all in the name of getting a better sleep. VS is tapping right into that demand in the same way Wii Fit tapped into the demand for home exercise equipment.

3DS is going to shock people when they realize "3D" visuals was not the actual focus of the console. In fact, people will forget the 3D aspect entirely as the real "hook" of the console is announced. Do you really think Nintendo is basing their next handheld console on 3d visuals when Iwata has said over and over that this alone can not justify the launch a new device? Personally, I think the 3DS is going to be more about 3d CONTROL than it will be about 3d VISUALS.

Of course, Zelda will probably be the announcement that IGN orgasms over. Other than this, I imagine they will declare e3 a failure only to be proven wrong when all the titles they hated sell tens of millions through the holidays.

And find some way to ignore that they were wrong.

They'll just write a 'blinded by Link' article this time.

It's sad that whenever IGN is mentioned, it's about how bad they are.
Bad reputation is going to take a long time to remove.

The only people that want Zelda with voice acting are the IGN staff - that would not help the game at all. I didn't read anything after that because that was a big enough fail to convince me that the IGN writers are as bad as when I last read their articles

I stopped reading at:
"I consider myself a nintendo fan."

Because I knew the next word would be "but", I don't even want to look! I'm that sure the next word is "but".

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D