By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo Could 'Win' E3: An IGN Conversation

SaviorX said:
Honestly, no one knows about E3 outside of gamers who check forums and such. The only thing that hits the news in the morning is if a price cut or new hardware is announced.

The News may mention the event, but it does not receive any more attention than a car accident on a local road.

That's partially true, the media didn't care for the E3 but they care about the new information and systems, even my local newspaper had a story on NATAL last year (even if they didn't mention E3) I think this year'll have a bigger presence from the mass media.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
If they give me my Donkey Kong than it's an insta-win.

AGREED

More of a compilation of wet dreams and butthurt than a way to win E3.

Pixel Art can be fun.

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo can't really win, because IGN's definition of winning over the longterm gamers refers to people who despise Nintendo.

I might as well write about how Sony and Microsoft can win this E3 going by my definition. The truth that they simply can't win at all would be hidden beneath a huge pile of evermoving goalposts and after E3 I would declare Sony and Microsoft as the losers, just like every year before.

You know that is not true. Nintendo could win in IGN's eyes, it is really not all that hard. But they won't.

Looking back at this whole "Winning and Losing E3" business, it just seems sort of odd. I mean, who decides who wins? Internet forums/Gaming mags (seeing which company built up the most hype)? The marketplace (seeing how well each companies' E3 announcements did in the market)?

I really have no idea, but all I know is that when E3 does come around, Sony fans will say Sony won, Microsoft fans will say Microsoft fans, and Nintendo fans will say that Nintendo. Gizmondo fans hold the tie-breaker.

*Looks down* Super Mario Galaxy 2 sigs UNITE!

Around the Network

last year dissapointing?
nothing that nintendo does is better than halo reach?
I really start to dislike ign again

SmokedHostage said:
More of a compilation of wet dreams and butthurt than a way to win E3.

Sounds like the night of my 17th birthday lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

God, all the VG$ in the world is not worth having to see all these annoying SMG2 sigs >_

How Nintendo could win E3: Zelda, 3DS, and something unexpected.

A new Beadthroun would greatly excite many Nintendo fans.

morenoingrato said:
last year dissapointing?
nothing that nintendo does is better than halo reach?
I really start to dislike ign again

It's Halo, the biggest thing in the universe. For a month that game'll be bigger than the renaissance, bigger than Shakespeare, bigger than every human creation in the recorded history. Then, the next month you'll be able to buy a copy for a few bucks in your local Wal Mart.