By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which system should I get this holiday 2007?

@leo-j

well said leo-j!

also if you people have wii fit n SSBB

we have MGS4, GT 5, FF13

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

There's not much of a reason to buy a PS3 if you own a 360 at the moment, and probably none in the near future either, unless you're a huge fan of MGS4 or another big exclusive.

The Wii has lots of great exclusives, and many more on the way, but being on these boards has shown me that they aren't for everybody. Watch videos on YouTube, read reviews, and figure what you want.

Wii.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

carlos710 said:
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:

leo-j said:
Get the Wii.

You cant compare a PS3 with a wii. Its a no brainer.

So true. With Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3 already available and Wii Fit/Smash bros brawl coming in the next 2 months this is not even a question.

Add other games that you will enjoy with your family, like Wii sports, Wii play, Mario & Sonic, lego star wars, Endless ocean etc and i will eat my pants if you don't bless Nintendo after your purchase.

Yea with MOTORSTORM, RESISTANCE, UNCHARTED, RATHCET, Heavenly sword, and warhawk available Its not even a question.

Add other games that you want to enjoy with you family from the PSN like GO SPORT SKI! PAIN, and HIGH VILOCITY BOWLING.

Its not eve a choice, PS3 ofcourse.

He wants games to play with his family. Can you play Resistance, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk on local multiplayer ?

Stop being a fanboy and try to read what he really wants.

You can play RESISTANCE, and WARHAWK with HIS FAMILY.

High vilocily BOWLING is awsome, use your controller as the bowling ball(its motion sensitve)

GO SPORT SKI as well using your motion controller(six axis)

And have a blast laughing in PAIN"

If you hae an HD TV, the ps3 will blow you away graphicly.

So consider your choice to be the PLAYSTATION 3

mM

Get a Wii if that is what your family wants. Just don't pay $500 or whatever the outrageous price they're going for on Ebay though.

Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
@leo-j

well said leo-j!

also if you people have wii fit n SSBB

we have MGS4, GT 5, FF13

However none of them are coming in the next 2 months. 

GT5 is like 1 year away and FF 13 what, 2 years ? 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

leo-j said:
carlos710 said:
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:

leo-j said:
Get the Wii.

So true. With Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3 already available and Wii Fit/Smash bros brawl coming in the next 2 months this is not even a question.

Add other games that you will enjoy with your family, like Wii sports, Wii play, Mario & Sonic, lego star wars, Endless ocean etc and i will eat my pants if you don't bless Nintendo after your purchase.

Yea with MOTORSTORM, RESISTANCE, UNCHARTED, RATHCET, Heavenly sword, and warhawk available Its not even a question.

Add other games that you want to enjoy with you family from the PSN like GO SPORT SKI! PAIN, and HIGH VILOCITY BOWLING.

He wants games to play with his family. Can you play Resistance, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk on local multiplayer ?

High vilocily BOWLING is awsome, use your controller as the bowling ball(its motion sensitve)

If he is going to pay 500$ to play bowling he could just pay 250$ to get a much better bowling game free with his Wii (Wii Sports)

And he will also get Tennis, Golf, Boxing and baseball - all of them family friendly.

So yeah, Wii is a must buy in his case. 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Probably wii IF you see any interesting games for you on it,
you should buy ps3 after release of LBP, MGS4 and GT5. =)
Ofcourse Uncharted is great, Folklore is Nice, Ratchet if you like such games, and also HS (the game perfect for a rent), then you could get PS3 now, But, imo you should wait, till there will be ps3 with packed rumble six-a-xis, unless you don`t care abnout rumble, you can get now PS3. Just don`t forget, you buy PS3 for next 5 years. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

well since ps3 and 360 have alot of the same games and since FFXIII doesnt come out till 2009 i say get a wii and then start saving for a ps3 until FFXIII comes out

carlos710 said:
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:

leo-j said:
Get the Wii.

If he is going to pay 500$ to play bowling he could just pay 250$ to get a much better bowling game free with his Wii (Wii Sports)

And he will also get Tennis, Golf, Boxing and baseball - all of them family friendly.

So yeah, Wii is a must buy in his case. 

He is only going to pay $399.99

For..

*High DEFINITION BLU-RAY(best picture available)

*Amazing 1080p graphics that blow you away

*Family friendly games from the PSN and enjoy free online gaming(wii doesnt even have online gaming with friend codes killing your fun)

*Great exclusives like, Uncharted: drakes forutne, Warhwak, Resistance: fall of man, and More!!!

Dude Its a no brainer, PS3 for certain.

Playstation 3

mM