By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which system should I get this holiday 2007?

Hi, I'm new. I have been looking at this site since July of this year, I never wanted to make an account because all I cared about was sales. This will be my first forum ever. I looked at threads and they seem rather funny and some are good. At times it makes me want to post. But today I chose to start posting 8)

Okay I recently purchased a Xbox 360. And I have bought Halo 3, Mass Effect and Call of Duty....I bought the Holiday bundle with Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance included....Now I'm looking at getting either a Wii or PS3. Which one should I get? Which is popular...I like the PS3 because I want Final Fantasy XIII but its not out yet. I like the Wii cause its rather cheap and its $250. I like RPG's, Action Shooters and many others. But I like how the Wii uses the motion sensing....IDK??

Whats a good system this holiday season?

Around the Network

this holiday season it would be a wii for me.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

PS3

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Hello and welcome to the 9th egg shaped ring of hell.

If you have a 360 already, then you have like 95% of anything the PS3 is going to offer. Where as you have maybe 50% of what the Wii is going to offer. So to best compliment your 'hardcore' gaming on the 360 I would get the Wii.

Now let the flaming begin!!!

*gulp* This will cause a flamewar of doom proportions.

Write down the list of Wii or PS3 exclusives you want RIGHT NOW. That is, the exclusives that you could buy, in stores, by the end of the year. If money is no object to you then buy whichever system has more exclusives.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

Action shooters: Uncharted and Ratchet (I assume that's what you mean)
if you like the motion sensing then buy a Wii, it all comes down to personal preference. If you have an HDTV and intent to watch films, then of course get a PS3, but the 360 will cover most of your "hardcore" gaming needs, and the Wii the more casual side, so you will have all your bases covered there. As far as I know, there are not a huge amount of RPGs coming to 360/Wii, although a new Wii was just announced. Personally, I would advise the PS3, because I have one and love it, and of course you are guarenteed to get one

wii
if FF 13 is what you want wait till next christmas for that, cause it will most likely be early 09 before the earliest release of FF.

Wii all great games are out and SSBB comes out in feb

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

PS3 hands down. Wii has innovative controls over old technology and very few games I would like to play. But it's your money so choose wisely.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

EDIT: duplicate post :(

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

If you really can't decide get a DS and/or PSP and some games.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu