By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which system should I get this holiday 2007?

leo-j said:
carlos710 said:
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:
leo-j said:
carlos710 said:

leo-j said:
Get the Wii.

You cant compare a PS3 with a wii. Its a no brainer.

So true. With Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP and Metroid Prime 3 already available and Wii Fit/Smash bros brawl coming in the next 2 months this is not even a question.

Add other games that you will enjoy with your family, like Wii sports, Wii play, Mario & Sonic, lego star wars, Endless ocean etc and i will eat my pants if you don't bless Nintendo after your purchase.

Yea with MOTORSTORM, RESISTANCE, UNCHARTED, RATHCET, Heavenly sword, and warhawk available Its not even a question.

Add other games that you want to enjoy with you family from the PSN like GO SPORT SKI! PAIN, and HIGH VILOCITY BOWLING.

Its not eve a choice, PS3 ofcourse.

He wants games to play with his family. Can you play Resistance, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk on local multiplayer ?

Stop being a fanboy and try to read what he really wants.

You can play RESISTANCE, and WARHAWK with HIS FAMILY.

High vilocily BOWLING is awsome, use your controller as the bowling ball(its motion sensitve)

GO SPORT SKI as well using your motion controller(six axis)

And have a blast laughing in PAIN"

If you hae an HD TV, the ps3 will blow you away graphicly.

So consider your choice to be the PLAYSTATION 3

If he is going to pay 500$ to play bowling he could just pay 250$ to get a much better bowling game free with his Wii (Wii Sports)

And he will also get Tennis, Golf, Boxing and baseball - all of them family friendly.

So yeah, Wii is a must buy in his case.

He is only going to pay $399.99

For..

*High DEFINITION BLU-RAY(best picture available)

*Amazing 1080p graphics that blow you away

*Family friendly games from the PSN and enjoy free online gaming(wii doesnt even have online gaming with friend codes killing your fun)

*Great exclusives like, Uncharted: drakes forutne, Warhwak, Resistance: fall of man, and More!!!

Dude Its a no brainer, PS3 for certain.

Playstation 3

It even seems like you are bashing the ps3. You don't even give good reasons why he should get one.

If he is going to spend 400$ to play PSN games he would be better just playing minesweeper on his PC, or any of the Flash games available on Internet.

You just don't spend 400$ on a videogame machine to play 5$ games when you can get them for free on the PC, or are you saying that there isn't any real game that he and his family can enjoy together ?

And none of those "Great" exclusives comes close to Mario galaxy. 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

@carlos

Yea its your opinion regarding Super mario galaxy.

High vilocity bowling is bowling for his WHOLE FAMILY USING MOTION CONTROLS. For $2.99

Go sports ski is the same with only motion controls and its even cheapper $1.99(Not to mention it has ONLINE).

If you buy a ps3, you'll be getting all the features of every system + More.

mM

Anyone who thinks that the PS3 is the obvious choice is delusional, specifically fanboi delusional. Currently the overlap between the 360 and PS3 library is fairly substantial, with the 360 having by far the largest number of exclusives between the two. When you consider that the PS3 has such a significant portion of its library overlapping already I would say it is almost a "No-Brain'er" not to get a PS3 right now. Especially if the games you are most interested in are more than a year away as of now. Your obvious choice here is to wait until next holiday and re-evaluate the possibilities of a PS3 purchase then. It is simply not worth it for you right now. It sounds like there will be plenty of justification then, but in your position I couldn't justify spending money on buying a new console now just to wait for the games I want to come out....I would much rather buy new 360 games in your position then buy a PS3 and wait for games.

As for if you should get a Wii, you need to decide if you are getting it for yourself or your family. Whoever you are getting it for you need to find out if you/they want at least 4 or 5 games that are out right now or will be out soon. If that is the case then it is probably a worthwhile purchase and I can pretty much guarantee that if you spend a lot of time with your family playing the console you will love it. The Wii really shines when played with a group of friends etc... Just make sure you are getting it for the right reasons and not the wrong ones.

In conclusion you should look and see if the Wii is going to be worth it for you, if it is then get it, if it isn't then get more 360 games. Next X-mas, you should re-evaluate your situation and it very well could be a good time to get a PS3 for you.

To Each Man, Responsibility
leo-j said:
@carlos

Yea its your opinion regarding Super mario galaxy.

High vilocity bowling is bowling for his WHOLE FAMILY USING MOTION CONTROLS. For $2.99

Go sports ski is the same with only motion controls and its even cheapper $1.99(Not to mention it has ONLINE).

If you buy a ps3, you'll be getting all the features of every system + More.

Mario galaxy 97% on gamerankings. No ps3 exclusive game has a gameranking over 90%

So no, is not a matter of opinion here. It's a matter of facts, and the facts says that most people in the world think that Galaxy is a clearly better game than any Ps3 exclusive. 

And wii sports is free with wii so he won't spend anything on that. And a much better game than Go sports ski. 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

You know what I dont have time to face fanboyism.

We are al biased here.

Dont listen to us.. LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS AND FRIENDS!

mM
Around the Network

@leo-j

Dude I'm 19 and work. So really its cool. I want to provide a Wii for my sisters (15 and 16) and mom and dad. So really I want a console so me and my family can play and enjoy.

The Wii fits my preferences well, and besides their are some hardcore games that looks interesting like Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Umberalla something. I can't remember the title.

My peoples (friends) have 360's. So having a Wii for my family and a secondary console for me is the best fit. I bet my mom and dad goes crazy over WiiFit when that releases 8)

The PS3...its cool, but its nothing that interests me. I only like FFXIII but it looks just like FFXII, thats what I'm worried about. FFXII in my opinion was horrible. And I haven't seen any gameplay of it yet. Killzone 2 is cool but I would rather stick with Halo 3 or Gears of War.

So it looks like the Wii. I just have to make a list of games I like on the Wii that are released so far.

Ask your sister if they want a ps3 or a wii. Then give them what they want.

mM

@leo-j

I said a Wii....They keep saying "We have the 360, Its tight, Who needs a PS3? We don't" Thats what they say, and I'm not changing there minds dude. So the Wii it is.

leo-j said:

And what of his parents?  

@grim,

It sounds like you have made up your mind, but I would still make a list of Wii games you want and take a good look at it before you get it.  Make sure you aren't making a rash decision and then once you are ready go for it.  Its the best way to avoid buyer's remorse.  Get that list ready, look it over, then sleep on it.

I really hate to see people make a quick purchase and hate it the next day.  Then you end up in a situation where you are looking for fault and no matter what you aren't going to be happy etc..

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it~ 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Soriku said:
leo-j said:

You think girls are gonna use a PS3? And play Resistance? Lol.

Have you ever had a girlfriend? No ok then go away.

mM