By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just bought Monster Hunter Tri

wick said:
So is the online componant a big part of the game? I just moved house and it will be a week or so before my Internet is up and running again.

Loading the chartz on the iPhone is taking waaaaaay too long btw.

It loads a little faster if you get Opera Mini. But it does mean that your internet activity is routed through Opera's servers and it's even worse at handling the rich-text reply on these forums than webkit.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
wick said:
Ok I'll be getting it tomorrow then. I saw an ad for it on tv last night and it looks pretty amazing. I'll get some practice under my belt before teaming up with you amp :)

I'll get it some practice too since I still am mediocre at this game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

noname2200 said:
EntilZha said:

I have just completed my first two quests (mushroom and Jaggi). This game is really a blast to play. Remembering the button/motion combinations for attacks will be my downfall though. I can see myself spending LOTS of time with this game. Similar to amp316, I will wait until I am better before going online. Disappointing my teammates is something I wish to avoid.

Pish-posh. I vote that we crappy players all get together sometime this weekend for a class-wide epic fail. Dibs on the lance!

You can keep that lance.  It's horrible.

I probably will be busy this weekend but sometime soon we'll have to fail together.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
EntilZha said:

I have just completed my first two quests (mushroom and Jaggi). This game is really a blast to play. Remembering the button/motion combinations for attacks will be my downfall though. I can see myself spending LOTS of time with this game. Similar to amp316, I will wait until I am better before going online. Disappointing my teammates is something I wish to avoid.

Pish-posh. I vote that we crappy players all get together sometime this weekend for a class-wide epic fail. Dibs on the lance!

You can keep that lance.  It's horrible.

I probably will be busy this weekend but sometime soon we'll have to fail together.

Ahhhhh, failing together sounds great. Cause no one likes to fail alone....

I hope to join you guys, so give me a shout.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

I just bought it. Might be the first Aussie online this afternoon.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Dibs on the lance!

whats wrong with lance? Newb here, its the first weapon ive bought.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Just got mine in the mail! Been sitting at work, itching to go and pop it in. Looking forward to it.

I can't wait to fail with you all.

Oh and for any Aussies out there who don't have it yet, JB Hi-fi have the classic controller + game pack for 89 bucks and it comes with a free Wii Speak!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

join in PAL chartzers!

me and rol started going through 2* quests last night, took on a great baggi by ourselves and completely raped him. trying to capture him was kinda difficult the Gigginox showed. I can't wait to kill that bastard

Hunter ID is MLHLAL

HR is 14

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

My HR is currently 1. :(

Ive been playing online quests and lost about 4 in a row, but just won my first . Haven't played more than an hour or so of the offline yet.

- Im going to level up tonight and tomorrow, by then i might just be competitive enough.