By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just bought Monster Hunter Tri

woopah said:
I'm a switch axe/ SnS user, i thought that was a pretty random combination but iv'e seen loads of people like that. For some reason, despite their damage being crap my favourite class so far is SnS

SnS are one of my favorites as well. Especially Paralyze or Sleep sets are amazing. If you're good enough, you can immobilize the wyvern for Great Swords / Hammers / Long Swords / Switch Axes to rape.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
routsounmanman said:
I don't understand why you people are having difficulties capturing monsters. It's actually easier than killing them, most of the time!

You just have to reserve some, and when you see the monster clearly limping, set the trap at a place where it will surely fall in. Best place being their nesting grounds, before they even get there. When it's shocked, throw 2~3 tranquilizers to capture it.

I understand why people have trouble capturing monsters. It's simply because those VGC members who know how to do it don't explain it in a good way. Luckily I saw how it's done when playing online, since then I have no problems anymore.

Saying nesting grounds is misleading once again. All you have to do is to follow the monster to the next area after you saw it limping away. Nesting ground or not doesn't make any difference. Once in the next area you set the trap and lure the monster into it.

Which members are you talking about? What part of "when it starts to limp away" doesn't your tiny brain get?

Seriously, the yellow part is a bit dangerous. It has happened to me once, we were trying to capture a Royal Ludroth, we see him limping away, one of our guys outruns him, goes to the next area, sets the trap. Switching areas, Ludroth kept going, completely avoiding our attacks and the trap! It went to its nesting ground, slept and there was nothing we could do to make it return to the trap!

Of course, if the area is narrow enough, makes such a danger obsolete. In most cases though, you can't be certain; since the nesting ground is the last stop since the wyern starts limping, it makes much more sense to set the trap there.

just got this as a gift. Its awesome!! Me and my bro played arena for a while. Really sweet. Cant wait to log in more hours.

uno said:
just got this as a gift. Its awesome!! Me and my bro played arena for a while. Really sweet. Cant wait to log in more hours.

Make sure you post your ID so we can find you, uno.  We can go questing and get you some good gear for just starting out.

@ kenology

roger that.

is the single player worth playing? or can i just jump into multiplayer and learn as i go?

Around the Network

You have to level up uno. Believe me when i say this.

Ive played for over 10 hours already, my HP is still 1 (dk why) and i would prob. still get my ass kicked online.

So my problem is how do i find out how many HRP Points i have in total?
See here >http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_HR_Guide

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

So I picked up MHT today since it was 50% off, hoping it was gonna be sort of a Demons' Souls lite (couldn't find that one on sale...and I'm a bit chicken lol) but I don't really play Wii much. In fact the only "hardcore" game I played on Wii was Muramasa which had fairly simple controls. Are the Wiimote controls for MHT hard to get used to for someone who pretty much sticks with the Dualshock? Will I even like this game knowing that I've only just started appreciating strategy and skills in Onimusha? LOL

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

lol, megaman there's no leveling up, your character only gains more access to more areas as your HR increases.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

This game is incredibly hard, in a good way.

That is all.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

OMG, this guy RULEZZZZ :D