By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just bought Monster Hunter Tri

I am going to play it as soon as I am done typing up this post. 

Wick telling me that his decision on whether he was going to buy it or not depended on me purchasing it was the last straw.  How could I live with myself if the game is amazing and he wouldn't ever get to experience it because of me?  On the other hand, if it sucks I am going to hold a grudge against him forever. 

Other reasons for me picking it up include Rol implying that I'd be a loser if I didn't get it, Games4Fun's video that he posted (I love grinding with no rewards), and most of all dib8rman's awesome Monster Hunter Tri thread. 

Thanks to everyone that helped me make this decision and remember that you're all in trouble if I don't like the game, just like Wick.

Off to try the game now.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Hopefully you enjoy it, I won't be able to buy it until summer .

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I am glad the parody video helped you make a informed decision?? =0

I'll get it in about four or five hours; hopefully, have some impressions up by tonight/tomorrow.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Just try to endure the first 10~20 hours, as soon as you kill the first Great Jaggi and build your Jaggi Armor, you'll be already hooked.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
Just try to endure the first 10~20 hours, as soon as you kill the first Great Jaggi and build your Jaggi Armor, you'll be already hooked.

Wait, are you saying that's how long it takes to get fun...?

My enthusiasm just vanished.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

routsounmanman said:

ah, the demo gave me a false impression that I would be slaying the Great Jaggi in less than ten minutes.

It's cool that you actually have to work towards that.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Just bought this game and have been playing for about a hour. I was a little worried if i wouldn't like the game or not, i like playing the psp demo but decided not to get that and just wait for tri so i could play online with my family. i have to say i'm glad i got tri instead of the psp games. the classic controller works so much better for this game. And i am surprisingly enjoying myself just killing things and carving them up and gathering resources.

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

nice i just ordered mine which i will be getting in summer :P when my family comes home with it to Lebanon from Sweden ahh man i will have to wait so long =/ oh and i bought that package with the controller and mic plus the monster head.

left on the list for me to buy is endless ocean 2, mad world, little kings story, S&P and super Mario galaxy which they will bring with them :P that's a lot of games all at once :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Just got an e-mail from Play-Asia that mine has shipped. Pretty excited. Normally they are not that quick. Only 7-10 days now! (sigh...)