Oblivion vs. Fallout

Oblivion is better 28 21.54%

Fallout is better 48 36.92%

both are great, I cannot ... 19 14.62%

I prefer swords and magic. Oblivion it is. 13 10.00%

I prefer guns and the pos... 18 13.85%

I hate RPG's 4 3.08%

Total:130

I loved Final Fantasy VIII and Diablo. I like RPG's in general.

Oblivion felt in to my hands recently and I am having a blast. I have the two expansions and over a hundred hours of gameplay and I am still far from finishing this game.

Fallout is said to be "Oblivion with Guns" and some people say it is way better. I don't know, maybe I am too traditional, but RPG's are supose to be about dungeons and fantasy... so Fallout is weird for me in terms of story. 

If you have played both games, can you tell me about Fallout compared with Oblivion? I may give Fallout a try depending on your comments

Around the Network

Fallout 3 leveling system is a lot better than Oblivion. Yeah it is like Oblivion with guns but just as expansive as Oblivion.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Both are fantastic but Fallout takes it because of the cool setting and guns instead of swords.

This is probably the hardest question anyone has ever asked.

I love them both, but, Fallout 3 gets my vote because I like the post-apocalyptic setting more.

I loved both but Oblivion takes a longer time to beat so i like it more.

Around the Network

I think Fallout 3 is the best game of this generation.

It is an Oblivion with guns kinda. But that's something very good IMO.
And thanks to V.A.T.S. it's not only a shooter. Leveling system is also way better. Main storyline is more interesting and longer and there are more side-quests as far as I can remember compared to Oblivion. Fallout 3 also has your typical dungeons and fantasy creatures.

Only thing I don't like as much is that there really aren't that many towns. Lots of small villages, yes, but only 2 important towns that you will visit more than once.
(Note: I'm not counting Washington DC as a traditionally RPG city)

Barozi said:
I think Fallout 3 is the best game of this generation.

It is an Oblivion with guns kinda. But that's something very good IMO.
And thanks to V.A.T.S. it's not only a shooter. Leveling system is also way better. Main storyline is more interesting and longer and there are more side-quests as far as I can remember compared to Oblivion. Fallout 3 also has your typical dungeons and fantasy creatures.

Only thing I don't like as much is that there really aren't that many towns. Lots of small villages, yes, but only 2 important towns that you will visit more than once.
(Note: I'm not counting Washington DC as a traditionally RPG city)

I agree with everything you said

And since I played morrowind. Oblivion wasn't the sequal was that I hoped it to be while still good.

And since I never played Fallout 2 I had no expectations. Fallout 3 was better for me and VATZ was better than Oblivions bad combat, but fallout non-vatz combat was worse then oblivion

but they both need to fix their bad combat systems, so it's not like driving a bus.

and I normally like swords and magic :P

while I enjoyed playing oblivion more fallout's story and mood was a lot better. If you like oblivion you will like fallout 3. I really can't see how someone can like one but not the other unless you really really hate guns or something.

fallout3 for Me.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

i like nukes and big guns so its a win for fallout!