By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Everyone should play Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber right now*.

Jumpin said:
I am playing the game right now on VC. It's a VERY fun game, and judging by how the story runs in this game, it is obvious the original Final Fantasy Tactics is VERY much inspired by Matsuno's own ideas for the Ogre Battle series.

I am currently at Chapter 17; I have the first three Pedras (chose water as my default, Got Earth and Wind after). My team is largely made up of a Cleric/Priest in the back row with an Archer, and three Knight/Paladins in the front row. Most of my units are high alignment, but I have two neutral and one chaotic (just for the Chaos Frame).

I have my teams based on certain naming conventions:

Three teams dedicated to friends. One team to sun Gods (Mithras, Apollo, Helios) and Moon Goddesses (Diana and Selena); another to Knowledge Gods (Odin, Mimir, Minerva, Sophia, Athena), a couple of teams with actual characters (Dio, Leia and such), and a few teams dedicated to other favourite games (Skies of Arcadia, Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy 8).

I want you to know that this is beautiful. That naming thing is something I wish I would do.

When I originally played through, I had a particularly strong knight who became a particularly strong Paladin who became my Dragoon. His name was Fordam.

Ever since, "Fordam" has been the name of the Knight that I designate to be the strongest.

Around the Network

A great game, but I've already played through it completely twice, and I'm not playing it again unless you give me the ability to poop gold or something like that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Jumpin said:
I am playing the game right now on VC. It's a VERY fun game, and judging by how the story runs in this game, it is obvious the original Final Fantasy Tactics is VERY much inspired by Matsuno's own ideas for the Ogre Battle series.

I am currently at Chapter 17; I have the first three Pedras (chose water as my default, Got Earth and Wind after). My team is largely made up of a Cleric/Priest in the back row with an Archer, and three Knight/Paladins in the front row. Most of my units are high alignment, but I have two neutral and one chaotic (just for the Chaos Frame).

I have my teams based on certain naming conventions:

Three teams dedicated to friends. One team to sun Gods (Mithras, Apollo, Helios) and Moon Goddesses (Diana and Selena); another to Knowledge Gods (Odin, Mimir, Minerva, Sophia, Athena), a couple of teams with actual characters (Dio, Leia and such), and a few teams dedicated to other favourite games (Skies of Arcadia, Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy 8).

You should see Tactics Ogre.

I had this game way back in the day for N64 but ultimately decided to sell it as I was young and not very good at RTS games, this type of game was very new to me. I think I got stuck and got frustrated so I sold it then. But looking back, now that I've "been around the block" so to speak and gotten to learn and experience more RTS, it was a pretty fun game. I may have to rebuy it for the Wii VC.

amp316 said:
A great game, but I've already played through it completely twice, and I'm not playing it again unless you give me the ability to poop gold or something like that.

I suppose I can't begrudge you if you've already played it twice.

Did you do a low Chaos Frame run?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
makingmusic476 said:
I refuse!

Listen to me very, very carefully. I want you to understand this with all the gravity that it's possible to understand what I'm about to say.

If you asked me what my favorite game released in 2000 was, it would take me a long time to answer.

Get it?

I get it.

I also think you are just trying to appeal to MM's obsession with Majora's Mask as his favorite game of all time. By saying "If you asked me what my favorite game released in 2000 was, it would take me a long time to answer." You are also saying, I loved Majora's Mask and since you love it to, I'm asking you to buy something that is as awesome as Zelda. In this case, Ogre Battle 64: The subtitle is too damn long.

Get it?

Snesboy said:
Khuutra said:

Listen to me very, very carefully. I want you to understand this with all the gravity that it's possible to understand what I'm about to say.

If you asked me what my favorite game released in 2000 was, it would take me a long time to answer.

Get it?

I get it.

I also think you are just trying to appeal to MM's obsession with Majora's Mask as his favorite game of all time. By saying "If you asked me what my favorite game released in 2000 was, it would take me a long time to answer." You are also saying, I loved Majora's Mask and since you love it to, I'm asking you to buy something that is as awesome as Zelda. In this case, Ogre Battle 64: The subtitle is too damn long.

Get it?

Majora's Mask isn't MM's favorite Zelda.

If you're the type of game player that doesn't mind doing a little research to play a game; and prefer games that have more things to them - this game has plenty more to offer than most. It is easier to get into than the original Ogre Battle, that's for sure - the difference is huge (I am talking like Phantasy Star 2 vs Final Fantasy 6).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Khuutra said:
Snesboy said:
Khuutra said:

Get it?

I get it.

Get it?

Majora's Mask isn't MM's favorite Zelda.

It is now.

I just started playing on Wednesday night. Still in the Prologue. About to really hit it hard in the next couple of days.